Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
oneyearmba wrote:
Thank you. my impression about INSEAD ...

Fuqua is a great school. No doubt you loved it. Good luck in your application process.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Kudos
sanjuro9 wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:

Fuqua is a great school. No doubt you loved it. Good luck in your application process.

Guys you are in the wrong thread, in fact in the wrong rubrique:) :) :) :)
(Please see how many smileys I have put there before we start a disciussion :) )
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
ok, just sent in my application the other day.... cant wait for the result.

got an interview with judge in a few weeks. and the thing is that i want to be able to pick the one i like.

does anyone know how long it takes before they start sending out interview invites-
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nominomi wrote:
ok, just sent in my application the other day.... cant wait for the result.

got an interview with judge in a few weeks. and the thing is that i want to be able to pick the one i like.

does anyone know how long it takes before they start sending out interview invites-

Cool. where else have you applied this year? looking at discussions from previous threads, seems like peeps started receiving invite a week before the decision date. That would make it mid April.

3 weeks... seems like 3 years... at least we have the forum keep us company..

brahms00 wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:

Guys you are in the wrong thread, in fact in the wrong rubrique:) :) :) :)
(Please see how many smileys I have put there before we start a disciussion :) )

lol..

@brahms00, if i remember it right you had only applied to INSEAD. I read recently somewhere on how a large percentage of applicants apply only to INSEAD. For a while, I thought I was the only one and truly the dumbest guy in the world. I mean who in their right mind would apply to only one business school?

Now I wonder what drives this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
so far i have only applied to insead and judge.

I have a good feeling, we'll se how this goes. but the wait is killing me!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
lol..

@brahms00, if i remember it right you had only applied to INSEAD. I read recently somewhere on how a large percentage of applicants apply only to INSEAD. For a while, I thought I was the only one and truly the dumbest guy in the world. I mean who in their right mind would apply to only one business school?

Now I wonder what drives this?[/quote]

I applied only INSEAD as well because I think it is the best fit. And well.. too lazy and too busy to apply others.:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
trying to find out what date the september class starts, but i cant seem to find it anywere...

have i gone cross-eyed by all the essay writing, or is it hard to find the date on their web page?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Hi Sanjuro,

Yes, I've only applied to INSEAD and it would be my first preference in any case (I mean it, no matter which other school). But of course INSEAD is not the only school I would have agreed to go if I had been accepted and found financing.

The reasons to why I have only applied to INSEAD are as follows
First financing, I prefer to be in Europe (I do not like the idea that %90 of all graduates of an MBA program starts to work in a 500m^2 area :) ) and there are few schools who guarantee a loan to prospective students. INSEAD also does not guarantee but Prodigy Finance is a feasible option. (For instance LBS's HSBC Loan explicity states that one's borrowing ability depends on her current financial situation, wheras prodigy states that it depends on potential financial situation. My loan application has been just approved :)

Second, I have nothing distinctive, average gmat, low gpa, less managerial experience. When I hypothetically compare myself with other MBA candidates, if I have any advantage, it comes from international motivation. I speak four languages more or less fluently, I had lived in Belarus (till now only one admit from that country).
So, among top MBA programs my chances were much better with INSEAD.

Good luck to you. (MBA connect is curently 462, will let you know about further changes)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
brahms00 wrote:
Hi Sanjuro,

Yes, I've only applied to INSEAD and it would be my first preference in any case (I mean it, no matter which other school). But of course INSEAD is not the only school I would have agreed to go if I had been accepted and found financing.

The reasons to why I have only applied to INSEAD are as follows
First financing, I prefer to be in Europe (I do not like the idea that %90 of all graduates of an MBA program starts to work in a 500m^2 area :) ) and there are few schools who guarantee a loan to prospective students. INSEAD also does not guarantee but Prodigy Finance is a feasible option. (For instance LBS's HSBC Loan explicity states that one's borrowing ability depends on her current financial situation, wheras prodigy states that it depends on potential financial situation. My loan application has been just approved :)

Second, I have nothing distinctive, average gmat, low gpa, less managerial experience. When I hypothetically compare myself with other MBA candidates, if I have any advantage, it comes from international motivation. I speak four languages more or less fluently, I had lived in Belarus (till now only one admit from that country).
So, among top MBA programs my chances were much better with INSEAD.

Good luck to you. (MBA connect is curently 462, will let you know about further changes)

Just to add to what brahms said, I can also tell you why I applied only to INSEAD:

In the end of the day, an MBA is nothing more and nothing less than a door opener. So what really counts is brand, quality of your network and connections with companies. (the learning aspect is also important, but I truly believe that you can get a very good education anywhere).

It also matters where you want to live after the MBA. In my case, I was not planning to be bound to a region or as specific country. My plan was to have a global career and be able to go wherever I want.

Additionaly, to maximize my investment, I was only looking to one year MBAs.

That being said, the only school, among the one year MBAs, that would allow me to achieve my goals on a global scale was INSEAD.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
nominomi wrote:
trying to find out what date the september class starts, but i cant seem to find it anywere...

have i gone cross-eyed by all the essay writing, or is it hard to find the date on their web page?

Hi nominomi:
I had the same question, and emailed the school. They have sent me the complete academic calendarl
P1: 27/08 - 24/10
P2: 29/10 - 18/12
P3: 7/01 - 26/02
P4: 6/03 - 26/04
P5: 6/05 - 26/06

There's alos something called the "Business Foundations Programme from 21-25 August (so the 1 week before classes start). I don't know exactly what it is, and whether it's mandatory or not.

Hope that helps :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
What is the role of the "Admissions officer" ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sandymp wrote:
nominomi wrote:

Hi nominomi:
I had the same question, and emailed the school. They have sent me the complete academic calendarl
P1: 27/08 - 24/10
P2: 29/10 - 18/12
P3: 7/01 - 26/02
P4: 6/03 - 26/04
P5: 6/05 - 26/06

There's alos something called the "Business Foundations Programme from 21-25 August (so the 1 week before classes start). I don't know exactly what it is, and whether it's mandatory or not.

Hope that helps :)

The business foundations programme is not mandatory - its just a one week programme that is made for people that don’t necessarily have a quantitative background. The course structure is as follows:

Financial Accounting:
- Mechanics of Financial Accounting - double entry bookkeeping, Journal entries and T-accounts
- Preparing financial statements (Income statements, Balance sheets, Cash Flow Statements)
- Basic ratio analysis

Finance:
- Compound interest, present and future value (annual and sub-annual period)
- Annuities and Perpetuities (constant and growing)
- Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Working capital requirements

Quantitative Methods:
- Marginal Analysis and Cost Functions
- Differential Calculus and Marginal Analysis
- Supply and Demand
- Descriptive Statistics (Basics, Linear Combinations and Covariance)
- Discrete Probability Distributions
- Continuous Distributions
- Simple Regression and Correlation
- Simulation Demonstration

However, alot of the subjects are covered in the pre-reading material.

Regards,
Bjorn
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bjormadi, are you planning on taking the business foundation course?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
bjormadi, are you planning on taking the business foundation course?

Hi Sanjuro,

No, I think I'm going to try to wing it without the course ;-) Besides I think its pretty achievable to build your knowledge up on these subjects on your own before the start of term, and having an extra 1600 EUR in the pocket isn't too bad either!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied in R3 for July 2013 Class.

Brief bkg:
Male/29/G690/Both MSc. and BEng. from Singapore and High School from China/3-yr in semiconductor and 2-yr in financial service
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sandymp wrote:
I just submitted my INSEAD Application for round 3 for the Sept 2012 intake.
I was quite happy with my Gmat score (700), especially since I studied for it in just 4 weeks. However, this forum shows there's quite a competition out there :)

Anybody else applying for round 3?

I also applied in R3 for Sept. 2012 intake.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anyone with interview invites yet? from looking at last year's thread, interview invites may start flowing towards the end of this week or beginning next week.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts