Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V50
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V50
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink]
Anyone who is coming to new delhi for the interview on 5/6/7th March? Also all the people who were interviewed prior to this post, any tips on how to go about for the interview prep? Any specific words of advice would be useful. I have my interview on this 6th. Also those who got admitted? How long did you get to know after your interview about the final decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hey guys any news? Has somebody else been accepted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Got a ding email today. I had my interview nearly two weeks ago. If your interviewer is Lisa Mortini then beware and prepare as much as you can.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
Got a ding email today. I had my interview nearly two weeks ago. If your interviewer is Lisa Mortini then beware and prepare as much as you can.

sorry to hear that man, your profile seemed very strong, I was quite sure that you would've made it. Could you share your interview experience?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Cox wrote:
sk8e wrote:

sorry to hear that man, your profile seemed very strong, I was quite sure that you would've made it. Could you share your interview experience?

As I have already mentioned, the interview was very tough and unpleasant. Therefore, if you happen to be in an interview with Lisa Mortini be prepared. Current LBS students told me that she's very hard to handle too after the interview.

Besides, if you have written that you want to go into investment banking, be even more prepared. The job market is tough. LBS wants to be sure that you will be able to find a job. Therefore, one of the main aspects that you have to prepare for is about your future position. You must be ready to tell in what position, and in what exact company you see yourself afterwards. Moreover, you have to know what your tasks in that position will be. Apart of that, it is also important to know a lot about LBS, about the MiM course and everything associated with it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
Cox wrote:
sk8e wrote:

As I have already mentioned, the interview was very tough and unpleasant. Therefore, if you happen to be in an interview with Lisa Mortini be prepared. Current LBS students told me that she's very hard to handle too after the interview.

Besides, if you have written that you want to go into investment banking, be even more prepared. The job market is tough. LBS wants to be sure that you will be able to find a job. Therefore, one of the main aspects that you have to prepare for is about your future position. You must be ready to tell in what position, and in what exact company you see yourself afterwards. Moreover, you have to know what your tasks in that position will be. Apart of that, it is also important to know a lot about LBS, about the MiM course and everything associated with it.

thanks, I really appreciate the advice. Do you remember specific questions? Have you applied/heard from other schools?

Is the interviewer communicated in advance?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes, you know the interviewer before going to London. As I have already mentioned, beware if it's Lisa Mortini. The questions are usual, as can be found in other topics. Why LBS, why MiM, have you read business news recently, or what was your favorite class during your undergraduate degree.

My problem was that some questions were given in a tricky way and they were not very clear. However, the most difficult part was getting another question regarding the answer. It was really challenging. For example, when she asked me about any article that I have read recently, I started speaking about an article that I have read where the author describes that in the US outstanding student loans discourage banks from lending to graduates; therefore, a recent MBA or a PhD with a salary of lets say $120k and a student loan of $110k can not buy a house. Thus, the RE market suffers from it.

After telling that, the interviewer asked me "and how come that is business news? I see only a problem for students". Then I started explaining, and so on. And after every explanation, I was questioned "So?". Only in the end, when I proved that the RE market is an important factor of the whole economy, she managed to tell me "Good".

All other questions were in a similar manner too :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks man I really appreciate it. That was a tough interview, I'm really sorry.

Quite strange though, usually LBS interviews are said to be more like friendly conversations.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thought I'd share my story and through this help those still going through the application process and also meet individuals who plan on going to LBS this September.

I am a Canadian resident having graduated from the University of Toronto in Medical Radiation Science just under a year ago. With intentions of going into a career in healthcare management I was offered admissions into the MiM Class of 2013 at LBS.

My interview took place in Toronto two weeks ago and just yesterday I was offered a spot.

The interview was pretty laid back and more conversational in nature.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All,

I got accepted to London Business School MiM Program 2013 :) Congratulations to all who made it.
@Ishan Vishnoi: Can you add me to the facebook group of MiM class of 2013.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sunshinesmilemba wrote:
Hello All,

I got accepted to London Business School MiM Program 2013 :) Congratulations to all who made it.
@Ishan Vishnoi: Can you add me to the facebook group of MiM class of 2013.

Hi Sunshinesmilemba,

congratulations on getting in!! Could you share your interview experience?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats!

now i have a question for you.. LSE Msc Management or LBS MiM??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JericoSportswear wrote:
congrats!

now i have a question for you.. LSE Msc Management or LBS MiM??

What exactly do you want to do? Quite a bit of a difference between the two.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Really depends on where you want to work and what type of work you want. Also what type of style do you like. LSE is more renown around the world. Everyone has somewhat heard of LSE. Their MiM is more theory base and from the course page it seems to focus people to go into IBanking and Consulting. LBS is more niche sort of speak. It's truly just known by business people and no one else. Kinda like Western Ontario (CDNian by the way). Most people I have talked to, even business students and some professional have no clue about LBS. So technically LBS is like Western and LSE is like UT. If they know about ur school LBS is amazingly prestigious, but like I said the school is not commonly known.

LSE is mostly theory and it's going to be tougher, but since you have a non-business degree you might learn more. LBS seems a lot more slack and easy comparatively. The cool thing about LBS is they encourage the students to travel. My frd who's in it told me she was at Stockholm a month back and now she's going to Ghana. Both are LBS course trips. Honestly I am not sure about the Ibanking reputation for LBS, but it seems decent when I looked at their employment reports.

If you feel don't confident in your commerce/business knowledge and you want to learn the theories, I think LSE is better. If you want to have fun and network/interact with people from around the world. Doing fun and interactive case studies and field trips go to LSE.

Did a lot of research cause I only applied to those two and I already got accepted to LSE. Submitted my LBS application not long ago, so I am waiting for results.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

I sent my application to the LBS, like 10 days ago. I just wonder how much time do they take processing the applications and shortlisting for interviews.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: LBS '14
Send PM
Imotep,
3 to 4 weeks, so you have to wait for another 2-3 weeks, be patient.

And something probably concerning every one of us. I've contacted a MIM alumnus and she told me that the job prospects in IB are not so good in London right now. It all depends on whether the EU will overcome the current crisis in the near future.
Also, if one does not have any previous experience, it would be a mission impossible to land a MC job at the major firms in the industry.
On the other hand, in terms of job placement, as you know, MIM guarantees you only an interview, which is a big step in my opinion. However, she has confirmed that the stats in the official report are trustworthy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Evening.

Just got admitted for this September's intake! Unbelievably happy!

Anyone else who has already been admitted care to start getting in touch? Is there a Facebook group already?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts