Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Summer Schools - are they a good idea in my case? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I would say Stanford, cause... it's Stanford :)
Best time for you to fill out our from? right now! :)
If you have any problems with the form this time around, just drop us an email, that will also work (although if the form works (And it should) it's of course better cause we ask all the questions we need in it)
Looking forward to hearing from you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: LBS '14
Send PM
Re: Summer Schools - are they a good idea in my case? [#permalink]
Kudos
First of all, I believe that the seminars, which you mention, are of low utility to you, because such programs work well for people who do not have much international experience. You seem to have much of it, so I suspect that you'll not benefit a lot . All in all, they usually don't assess anything, being a very vague indicator of your abilities and commitment in general. On the other hand, you'll have the possibility of getting around some business schools, which itself is a very important thing (unfortunately the USA is not so small country).
On the other hand, you'll have much more fruitful experience if you embark on summer programs at Stanford ot Booth. The school name itself plays a grea role when evaluating profiles. You'll also have plenty of time to network and get close with your classmates there. But your biggest considerations, I suppose, is the tuition fees of these programs. We all know that they are mainly offered to raise schools' revenues in the summer and they definitely come at a great price. Some people claim that a $100k MBA isn't worth the investion, so what about a summer course that costs $10k. However, it all depends on you pocket...

I've been already admitted to the summer university at Copenhagen Business School, which seems to have a good reputation across Europe. But in my case, I have to prove that I am capable of coping with business issues, because my undergraduate degree is Law. Moreover, I've been also admitted to a seminar named "Energy and Sustainability", which folloows the summer univeristy. But I am more inclined to pursue my master degree here in Europe, so it is maybe a matter of preferred destination, in your case the USA.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts