Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:21 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '14 (D)
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
A question re reapplication. If I reapply next year, can I not to look for new LORs, but just leave what were submitted this year?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
NewMBAApplicant wrote:
A question re reapplication. If I reapply next year, can I not to look for new LORs, but just leave what were submitted this year?

Would you want to?
Perhaps its less work for you/your recommenders, but from what I understand showing growth between the first and second application is key, and your LORs can provide insight to that growth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '14 (D)
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
NewMBAApplicant wrote:

Would you want to?
Perhaps its less work for you/your recommenders, but from what I understand showing growth between the first and second application is key, and your LORs can provide insight to that growth.

in the current point in time I would want to leave the LORs unchanged, since I think that my relationships can spoil over the next year given that I've announced my decision to leave for MBA. But probably it's better to wait until the next season and to reassess my position within the current employer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HKUST (II)
Send PM
Anyone received interview invites for R3?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
teroc wrote:
Anyone received interview invites for R3?

You might be our lone R3 applicant. When did Booth say the invite window is?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I'm in for R3 too, haven't heard anything as yet. They should be sending out invites between today and April 25th. Fingers and toes crossed!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
I´m a round 3 applicant as well....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
For the unaware R1 & R2 admits, please click HERE to access the Booth 2012 Admits thread.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
any R3 update?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Send PM
for those of you who are also admitted to kellogg... how are you guys splitting up your admit weekends (if you guys plan to attend both)?
Intern
Intern
Schools: HKUST (II)
Send PM
any R3 interview invites?
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Once invited to interview in r3 what do u think about the odds of getting in...i guess they should be better vs r1 and r2 invites dont u think?

They have prety much their classes full so if they actually invite you that might mean they want you or your profile...

any thoughts?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
JMG wrote:
Once invited to interview in r3 what do u think about the odds of getting in...i guess they should be better vs r1 and r2 invites dont u think?

They have prety much their classes full so if they actually invite you that might mean they want you or your profile...

any thoughts?

Didn't you ask the same exact question in the Wharton thread? Same answer applies here.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
JMG wrote:

any thoughts?

I think if you get an invite anywhere (besides schools that interview everyone) it is a sign they like you and a positive. Still, I don't think you can say R3 invites have more of a chance than R2 or R1 invites. Yes, you could say the committee only has 10 spots to fill so they only invite 25 people, so you are in the top 25 of R3 applicants, but that still means you have a 40% chance. Those odds are the same as if you applied round 2, they have 400 spots to fill and they invite 1,000 people to interview.

When you add into the fact that there is virtually no cost to the school to bring you into interview, they may be less selective in who they interview R3. They still in theory have the same number of AdCom members available to interview in R3 as they did in previous rounds. You also have to keep in mind that most schools have waitlisted candidates R1 and R2 to whom they compare R3 candidates....and in most cases there is a bias against R3 candidates if there is a similar candidate that took the initiative to apply early.

R3 is not impossible but I think it's safe to say that even with an interview it's an uphill battle.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
JMG wrote:

any thoughts?

I think if you get an invite anywhere (besides schools that interview everyone) it is a sign they like you and a positive. Still, I don't think you can say R3 invites have more of a chance than R2 or R1 invites. Yes, you could say the committee only has 10 spots to fill so they only invite 25 people, so you are in the top 25 of R3 applicants, but that still means you have a 40% chance. Those odds are the same as if you applied round 2, they have 400 spots to fill and they invite 1,000 people to interview.

When you add into the fact that there is virtually no cost to the school to bring you into interview, they may be less selective in who they interview R3. They still in theory have the same number of AdCom members available to interview in R3 as they did in previous rounds. You also have to keep in mind that most schools have waitlisted candidates R1 and R2 to whom they compare R3 candidates....and in most cases there is a bias against R3 candidates if there is a similar candidate that took the initiative to apply early.

R3 is not impossible but I think it's safe to say that even with an interview it's an uphill battle.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
JMG wrote:

any thoughts?

Didn't you ask the same exact question in the Wharton thread? Same answer applies here.

Yes I did,,,and I appreciated ur opinion, however since this is a forum, I want to hear more than just one single opinion...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JMG wrote:
Consulting2Finance wrote:
JMG wrote:

any thoughts?

I agree with you...it makes sense,,,just one thing makes me feel optimistic

After r1 and r2 decisions, they have a pretty god picture of their class, they know what they have and what they are lacking...

I agree that there is no cost for the adcom to interview people, however I do believe they consider the cost that is implied in an on-campus interview, specially for international students...so i dunno, I just think (maybe hope) that the adcom takes r3 invites with a "dont invite them unless they have a real chance" mindset

My guess is (and i accept that as an r3 applicant is completely biased)

Round 3 is a longshot vs r1 and r2....getting an interview in r3 is much more difficult that in r1 and r2....however applicants lucky enough to get invited to interview in r3 (they only take on-campus interviews) probably might have bigger chances than r2 and r1....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  109   110   111   112   113  ...  117   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts