Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
sandipan83 wrote:
Hi,
I am a software professional working for almost 3 years. I started GMAT preparation on January 2012. during first 2 months I have practiced the books and GMAT club questions. Now planning for thr GMAT on somewhere June 2012. I just want to know that how can I practice the same way GMAT appears, means online or through practice CD for the GMAT.
I have the aspiration of score 740.
I just want to know what should be the way to achieve this from now on? what should be the practice approach from now? I have evaluated myself to find that I am scorinf almost half in every verbal or quant as well.(scoring half of the answers correctly).
I think that I need the full time exam experience for 4 hours long, a number of times.
Can you suggest me more??

Hello everybody , I am a non-native junior student and I am going to take GMAT in 50 days . I have read some tips in the experience box and I hope that they will help me a lot in this tough battle.
@sandipan: Take the GMAT prep to know your position now. You should do the full test to increase your stamina (except AWA until 1 month before your registered test date) and analyze what are your strengths as well as your weaknesses. Revising regularly is recommended.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
hellscream wrote:
sandipan83 wrote:
Hi,
I am a software professional working for almost 3 years. I started GMAT preparation on January 2012. during first 2 months I have practiced the books and GMAT club questions. Now planning for thr GMAT on somewhere June 2012. I just want to know that how can I practice the same way GMAT appears, means online or through practice CD for the GMAT.
I have the aspiration of score 740.
I just want to know what should be the way to achieve this from now on? what should be the practice approach from now? I have evaluated myself to find that I am scorinf almost half in every verbal or quant as well.(scoring half of the answers correctly).
I think that I need the full time exam experience for 4 hours long, a number of times.
Can you suggest me more??

Hello everybody , I am a non-native junior student and I am going to take GMAT in 50 days . I have read some tips in the experience box and I hope that they will help me a lot in this tough battle.
@sandipan: Take the GMAT prep to know your position now. You should do the full test to increase your stamina (except AWA until 1 month before your registered test date) and analyze what are your strengths as well as your weaknesses. Revising regularly is recommended.

Welcome aboard :) ... as for as testing your nerve is concerned you can do that with Gmat prep software test (downloadable form mba.com- you do not need to wait for CD to arrive :wink: )... but be sure enough to not exhaust both of your tests before you are confident enough for the battle! (you can/should safely keep one for the later evaluation as these tests are by far the best resources available and you would not to waste both of them at early stage of your prep). Scroll over the forum you should be able to find many strategies... but I would request you to devise your own (you will realise this later or sooner- sooner you do better for you :P ). if you have any specific questions, please drop by...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 549 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q28 V38
GPA: 2.54
WE:Accounting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Hello everybody!

I have been poking around these boards for the last few months and thought I would stop by and say hello. I am 28, and worked as controller for a Hospice based in Atlanta, GA. Graduated college from the University of Alabama and recently was laid off of the same job because we went through an M&A so I am pounding out the GMAT full time before my severance package runs out.

Looking to revamp my study plan and become a more active participant on the forums.

Thanks,
Hunter
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! after getting some really useful info from the posts here I have to say hello and thanks to all people helping others improve their GMAT.
I'm from Spain, BS in Mech. Eng., currently working for a top tier international consulting firm in Spain and preparing GMAT for August (I hope)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey everybody.

I am from New Delhi, India. Thanks to the various threads and guides on GMATClub, I scored 700 on the GMAT. Still deliberating whether to retake it though! I am going for a Masters in Management course this September.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 05-02-2012
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

My name is Umesh and I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and over 3 years of Exp now in an IT company. I had already written the GMAT about a year back and got a score of 520. Now I have applied for it again on May-2nd and I have a 13 days left for my prep. The last time I took the GMAT my score was 590 and that was last week. My aim is to get 720. And I think this forum will help me to do it.

Adios

Will post back in the forum once I get that 720.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys! I’ve been a sporadic visitor here for a few weeks. Now that I’m beginning my application preparatory process, I suppose I will be here more often and should introduce myself to you guys, although I’m probably not as interesting as ‘Randomguy2012’ up there. Graduated from UT Arlington in 07 – international business major – 3.29. Have worked predominantly in the management consultancy field (KPMG and Protiviti) in Houston, Bombay and Kuwait, where I currently reside. Academically, I’ve completed the FRM, CFE and PGDFM. I am also a CFA level 2 candidate. I am currently the President of the Kuwait Cycling club and Captain of the Protiviti cricket team, which I guess could boost my profile. GMAT – 740 (Q50, V40). I’m targeting the class of 2015. Look forward to interacting with you guys!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, all! My name is Edward. I'm 24 and live in Washington, DC (technically across the river in Virginia). I am not certain yet if I'm going to take the GMAT or not. I'm currently studying hard for my LSAT (law school admissions test) in October. The reason I'm visiting the GMAT Club site is because I'm considering the JD/MBA option. Ideally, I'd like to get into a good law school first, and then perhaps take the GMAT and see if I can gain admission to their business school. I'm not totally sold on the idea, but I still want to keep the option open by taking the GMAT. I might start studying for the GMAT if I get a good (170+) LSAT score in October. From my understanding, taking the GMAT is a lot more flexible than taking the LSAT, which is only administered four times a year (and you can only take it 3 times in 2 years). I have a question: does it look bad to take the GMAT multiple times to get your best score? I know that a lot of the very top law schools (Harvard, Columbia, NYU, which are my three preferred options) look at one's LSAT average instead of just at their top score. Is the GMAT like this?

I graduated in '09 with an English degree from a VA state school that is alright, but nothing spectacular (JMU). Back then, I wasn't too focused on education/work prestige, but ever since getting a job at a paralegal at a top national law firm here in DC, I've developed the goal of wanting to be a lawyer. Luckily I had a pretty solid GPA (3.73) in college, so getting into a top law school is a possibility.

What makes me think about a JD/MBA is the possibility of A) learning more about business, which is something I don't have too much knowledge about otherwise, B) an MBA helping me with job options upon exit from the BigLaw firm I plan to work at post-law school, and C) the possibility of a signing bonus/higher first-year pay for a JD/MBA at a BigLaw firm, as well as the added experience and knowledge that an MBA will bring to corporate law.

From what I've heard on the Top-Law-Schools[dot com] forums, studying for the LSAT is also beneficial for the GMAT, so I'm hoping to take the GMAT soon after taking my LSAT in October. So I'm coming here to do a little research on the GMAT, as well as business schools and business jobs in general. JD/MBA programs that I'm looking at include: Chicago (this would probably be my top one), U-Penn (not sure I could get into Wharton), Northwestern, Michigan, Duke, Cornell, Columbia, and NYU.

Nice to join you guys here! It seems like a great Web site, and the GMAT/b-school equivalent of TLS (Top Law Schools dot com), which is a phenomenal resource for me as well.

Edward
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all -

Preparing for GMAT took me to this site. Looks interesting. Lots of relevant content!

I am working with the largest media house in India.

Looking forward to productive discussions, useful suggestions & network with GMAT aspirants.

Target - 720.

Cheerz!!
dpk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi, i'm mikey. I'm contemplating mba as an option so thinking of the gmat. i'm a investment trader - an industry where everyone usually stays but not so much jumping around. Just curious what's out there and want to have (in trader's terms) an option =D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deepaknagpal13 wrote:
Hello all -

Preparing for GMAT took me to this site. Looks interesting. Lots of relevant content!

I am working with the largest media house in India.

Looking forward to productive discussions, useful suggestions & network with GMAT aspirants.

Target - 720.

Cheerz!!
dpk

Hey, dpk. I'm new here too. Any idea of what schools you want to get into with that 720? Were you born and raised in India?

It's interesting to me that the GMAT seems to be taken around the world.

Edward
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mikeynyc wrote:
Hi, i'm mikey. I'm contemplating mba as an option so thinking of the gmat. i'm a investment trader - an industry where everyone usually stays but not so much jumping around. Just curious what's out there and want to have (in trader's terms) an option =D

Hey, mikey. How do you like investment trading? I take it from your user name that you work in NYC? Planning on staying in the area?

I don't know too much about business myself, as I work at a law firm and never took any business classes in college, so it's nice to read on here and find out a little bit more information.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
hey, my name is Laurent, I'm 24, I'm from Belgium (french/vietnamese native speaker)
I have heard about the forum on a video from youtube but don't remember which one was it...
I ve been preparing for the gmat for a month now, and probably gonna take it on may 25, which means less than 2 month of preparation, hope it will be enough!!!??!!! My target score is 600+
Thank you for this forum I have found so many good materials so far ;)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 2.91
Send PM
Hey everyone,

This is Sanket. I am a 24-year old bachelor of engineering,specializing in Computer Science. Currently working with one of India's largest conglomerate. Have just started my prep for GMAT with some mocks. Planning to give the GMAT by November or December.

Target Score: 720.

Cheers,
Shakysanky :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
WE:Account Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hello all, I'm Joel. A 22 year old from Pittsburgh. I took the GMAT once and got a 620 on 6 weeks preparation. I am now taking 3 months to prepare for my target of 750 (why not dream big?!). This place is so incredibly full of information and I wish I found it before my first GMAT, but this is just another tool in the battle against the GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone! My name is Jomar. Glad to become part of this forum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE:Sales (Transportation)
Send PM
Hi everyone.

I am fromt italy and currently have an undergraduate degree in marketing psycology; my gmat would be needed in order to access the graduate program I would like to attend.
The score I should be landing is 700+ in order to receive at least the partial tution waiver in case of admittance (wich would be $ 25,000) ; so I am pretty motivated right now. I am currently scoring in the low 600's (620, 630 most of the times on gmat prep 1, 2, mgmat cats, and kaplan.
That does not sound really that bad but it is beacuse my scores are really unbalanced (q35 and v40 usually).
Big math work to do and a lot of books to read... i am giving myself 6+ months of time this round... so here we go.
Good Luck everybody. :-D

Andy.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49   50   51  ...  66