Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Hult International Business School [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi,
The MFN isn't even offered in San Francisco... Did you mean the MIB ?

I received offer for the MFN in London. I don't know what to do with it, though.. Starting to doubt.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
another pro hult post from someone with no previous posts...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
As someone who studied with HULT I feel I should let people know that it’s true that this school is a scam. I know someone who worked at HULT who explained that sales-people/recruiters are under a lot of pressure to recruit, otherwise they are fired – the result is that they recruit anyone and the appalling, hire and fire, corporate culture with no morals is ultimately why the school fails.

It sickens me that HULT paint themselves as philanthropists when the cash they donate for ‘the HULT prize’ is blatently used for marketing. HULT is like it’s parent company – EF (Education First), they have an immoral way of operating, trying to squeeze their customers as well as their staff for everything they’ve got, claiming charitable status and generally behaving in a dishonerable manner.

I sincerely regret attending HULT and this has been compounded by seeing how this morally corrupt organisation conducts itself.

On a positive note – I suppose they could improve but it would have to start with changing the ethos from making as much money as possible without considering quality, morals and how they treat both staff and students.

An MBA should be about learning about how to grow employees and creating sustainable, ethical organisations etc. It’s hard to hear this at the same time as studying at a morally bankrupt organisation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,
I was just accepted by Hult as well with a scholarship. But after seeing overwhelming amount of negative reviews about this school and some suspicious posters trying to defend the school, I am having serious doubt about going forward with this.
I honestly rather go to a school that's not very well known than go to a school has such negative imagine.
Can anyone who knows this school well advise please?
I am looking into other schools now. Can anyone advise on some mid ranking schools with lower tuition fees that offer one year MBA?
It's May now. If I want to start in September, I will have to act quick!
Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.93
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
– the result is that they recruit anyone

I hate to break it to you but this is basically true for 99% of the programs out there. At the end of the day, these schools are just businesses and they ultimately want your money. I know that my undergraduate program, a somewhat respected school on the east coast, told me that they would accept me into their MBA program with a 520 gmat and no work experience. Their website claims that the average work experience is 5 years and that their average GMAT score is 640. I know someone who's attending their program right now that got a 540 on his GMAT.

So, like I said, this whole thing is really just hype--though I don't know how true this is at the 'elite' level. I would assume that top programs like Booth, Sloan, HBS, etc., are different. This probably explains why placement outside of the top 25 is so crappy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
MMMBBA wrote:
Hi,
I was just accepted by Hult as well with a scholarship. But after seeing overwhelming amount of negative reviews about this school and some suspicious posters trying to defend the school, I am having serious doubt about going forward with this.
I honestly rather go to a school that's not very well known than go to a school has such negative imagine.
Can anyone who knows this school well advise please?
I am looking into other schools now. Can anyone advise on some mid ranking schools with lower tuition fees that offer one year MBA?
It's May now. If I want to start in September, I will have to act quick!
Thank you in advance!

Hey I'm in the same position! They called me to advise that i've been accepted and then requested a non-refundable deposit of $3.5K to"secure my spot". I only have two weeks to accept the offer. Can anyone advise if that school is legit? Possibly someone who went there? Your feedback would be much appreciated!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.93
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Val1986 wrote:

Hey I'm in the same position! They called me to advise that i've been accepted and then requested a non-refundable deposit of $3.5K to"secure my spot". I only have two weeks to accept the offer. Can anyone advise if that school is legit?

Does this sound legit to you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Esuric wrote:
Val1986 wrote:

Hey I'm in the same position! They called me to advise that i've been accepted and then requested a non-refundable deposit of $3.5K to"secure my spot". I only have two weeks to accept the offer. Can anyone advise if that school is legit?

Does this sound legit to you?

It makes sense in a way since HULT has not been around for that long.. The heavy marketing and advertising may be done to gain exposure and bump the school up in the rankings
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
nastygal wrote:
Hi there, I am planning to apply for Master of finance in Hult. My GMAT score is 700, AWA 6/6, but IR is 3. Do you think the score is good enough to get in? or do I need to retake GMAT ? Thanks so much!

I don't know if this is a serious questions. If you read the postings above, you would know people with GMAT way below that had got in, some in low 500, I suspect even lower ones got in. With GMAT 700, I will suggest you look for a better school my friend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a current mfin student at HULT and I have to say that I am really proud of my choice. Professors and staff are highly reliable many are from the business field and many are also coming from universities like Harvard mit or Columbia etc.
I think all those bad comment are just make ups of competitors to bring down the reputation of an upcoming great business school
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Esuric wrote:
Val1986 wrote:

-- I have atleast 2 weeks to comply with the non-refundable deposit if I will give my final decision. I just wanted to make sure that my money won't go into nothing. Please help.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I'd stay away from Hult. Everything about them screams "PROFITS PLEASE!!!"
I worked in their Head office in Sloane Square, London.
The structure is as follows: huge telemarketing department split into countries - UK, Spain, Netherlands, France, etc. Telemarketing arguably their biggest department. Says alot.

They would hire an English speaker to deal with UK, a Spanish speaker to deal with Spain, etc.
Each day, these 'Student recruiters' are issued an excel list thats drawn from the system pool.
This system pool is accumulated through a variety of different sources, Google Adworks, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
If you've entered the words 'MBA' into Google or signed up for GMAT, it is likely Hult has bought your details from one of these sources.

These recruiters work for 'interviews', which essentially means they cold call these lists all day every day, and use a script to entice you to book an 'interview' with a more senior recruiter.
Its the classic 'foot in the door' technique.
I worked there for over a year and I would wholeheartedly agree with comments that their marketing team are fantastic.
They arrange high profile events in top london locations in order to attract students - probably because their MBA's are close to £50,000.

Recruiters are trained how to deal with queries relating to how they are either unranked or very low in the ranks.

If you've received a call or an offer, don't get too excited.
Everyone gets an offer.
Sorry to burst your excitement bubble peeps - having read the entire thread, i thought it would be useful to hear from someone who's worked in their head office.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 4
Send PM
Male21India wrote:
Hi all!

I got an admit in Hult International Business School to pursue MS in Finance at San-Francisco campus (2011-12)
and a scholarship of $6000.

Has anyone heard of this school??
FT rankings 2011 for MBA ranked this school at 61 and other rankings are posted in the official web-site of the Business School.
There has been a significant improvement in the rankings over past few years... (FT 2010 - 94, FT 2011 - 61)

Can someone suggest me if i should take it.. and also about the placements of this Business School if it is not too much of trouble!!

Thanks.

There have been too many negative reviews for this school. Did you get any good reviews from their alumni base? Try connecting with a few and check out what they do after their MBA?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts