Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Waitlisted guys,

Any news/rumors/updates about the waitlist movement? I hope they take a look at the waitlist this week. any data from previous years on how many people got admitted off the waitlist?

Thanks and good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
i'm guessing they would reconsider some WL'ers with the r4 decisions next week, or in the next couple of weeks afterwards. who knows though, this whole process is crazy. we will see i suppose.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
any word on r4 interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any waitlisters enquired whether they are going to consider previous rounds WL for R4 decision date on tuesday, Apr 24? I wish they release the decisions a day earlier as it will help us decide whether to pay deposit at other admitted schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any R4 applicants, did you hear on your decision as 04/24 is the deadline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
reach2bhush wrote:
Any R4 applicants, did you hear on your decision as 04/24 is the deadline?

Been reading posts for a while, decided to contribute.

On adcom blog it says they will come a week late (i think)

Im R3 WL (690 for those of you in same boat). Went back to posts from last year and it looked like most were let off WL late may thru early July. Although I have also heard they open it as early as 1st week of May. However, that could all mean nothing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
yea since they haven't really admitted any r1 or r2 waitlisters in r3 i am guessing they aren't reconsidering wl'ers with r4 and will probably just wait till after r4 deposit deadline to start making all of their wl decisions, but who knows. the admissions process seems like it's been not exactly by the book this year.

-fellow r3 wl'er
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Got a call for AMBA today from a private number ~1:00PM PST / 4:00EST.
Left a message to call back. I called back and was told:
- email with more info will be out when we hang up (so might be contingent upon calling back :) )
- website status might not be updated till tomorrow morning

Deposit deadline May 1.
Class starts May 7 but I won't hear back from other late round apps till after that.

GL all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
r4 applicant here. online application status changed to WL (w/o interview). no e-mail about status change.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I'd appreciate anyone's input here - I was waitlisted in R1 after interview, and I sent a couple of updates to the adcom (new projects at work, some new activities). I sent the first update at the beginning of February, and the second one in early March. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I (or anyone else in my situation) could do to stay on their "radar" and remind them that I'm still very interested, despite not really having anything new to report? I've already told them that they are my first choice, so without any significant updates, I'm not really sure what else to say. Part of me says just sit tight and don't nag them, but I don't want to appear like I don't care since I haven't sent them anything in almost 2 months. Would it be a waste of time, or even detrimental to my candidacy, to just send them an email reiterating my interest?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
HotFuzz wrote:
I'd appreciate anyone's input here - I was waitlisted in R1 after interview, and I sent a couple of updates to the adcom (new projects at work, some new activities). I sent the first update at the beginning of February, and the second one in early March. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I (or anyone else in my situation) could do to stay on their "radar" and remind them that I'm still very interested, despite not really having anything new to report? I've already told them that they are my first choice, so without any significant updates, I'm not really sure what else to say. Part of me says just sit tight and don't nag them, but I don't want to appear like I don't care since I haven't sent them anything in almost 2 months. Would it be a waste of time, or even detrimental to my candidacy, to just send them an email reiterating my interest?

I would send them another letter which reiterates not only your interest in coming to Cornell, but also restating the fact that they are your number one choice, and I think the key message to send them at this point is that should the accept you, you will come. For all Cornell knows, you may have made alternate plans already to attend a different program. My recommendation is to make it clear to them that if you're accepted, that you will go.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HotFuzz wrote:

I actually read something on this topic yesterday (I believe it was in the tepper adcom thread on gmatclub, though I could be wrong). I think general consensus is that while you should make yourself stand out, you should also value their time. In other words, limit your correspondence to material subject matter. if you have said it before, you probably shouldn't say it again. That said, if you say you are going to do something, or are in the process of doing something and there is a change in said progress, you may want to go ahead. Personally, I have been approaching it like that, while always keeping brevity in mind.

I hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the responses, guys. Yes, I've also read articles regarding brevity and basically saying not to waste the adcom's time and/or seem like a control freak. I guess at this point I just feel like there are risks both ways - either risk annoying them with an email reiterating information that they already have (though there may be value in getting your point across a second time), or risk having them kinda forget about you. Obviously, I'm over-thinking this, as many of us do.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
HotFuzz wrote:
Thanks for the responses, guys. Yes, I've also read articles regarding brevity and basically saying not to waste the adcom's time and/or seem like a control freak. I guess at this point I just feel like there are risks both ways - either risk annoying them with an email reiterating information that they already have (though there may be value in getting your point across a second time), or risk having them kinda forget about you. Obviously, I'm over-thinking this, as many of us do.

See if you can get another recommendation put in, hopefully from their alumni base in your chosen field. Or maybe someone senior in your job attesting to your strengths and leadership. At this point, you've already proven your continued interest so they know you would be coming if they pull the trigger. Now you just have to convince them the strength of your profile and your employability in your chosen field. Another possible area to target may be something unique about you or that you've done, that makes you stand out. Remember, you were WL'd because your app/profile is strong enough for them to consider, but maybe not unique enough to stand out. Good luck! I know its tough, i've been there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
HotFuzz wrote:

Hi,
I am also on Cornell WL r3. I would suggest you to contact clubs that you are interested in, and talk to the president or officers of the clubs, show them that you want to be an active member of the community. From my experience some of them will suggest you to write endorsement letter to the admission office and if not, and you'll they will probably agree. I did the same with the clubs I was interested in and alumni.
I know that they will start looking over the WL again next week - according to their blogs they are on delay of 1 week, so now it is the right time to stand out !
Good luck !
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
I applied round 3. I was interviewed after the decision deadline and my status went to complete about two weeks ago, but i still haven't heard anything from admissions. Are there any rounds 3 applicants in the same boat?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Just hoping the 2012 applicants could provide some advice. I'm looking to understand when I should expect to see the 2013 application questions released? When were they for the previous year?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67  ...  72   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts