Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 08 May 2012, 21:13.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
I was mostly referring to Booth admits in R1 who applied to H/W/S in R2 and got in or decided not to pursue the b-school. I am sure that some R1 admits (with deposit or just in the directory) will not matriculate. How do people get off the WL in other schools - rolling or on a certain date?

I am trying to keep my expectations low but the hope is still there. Too bad at this point it's just a waiting game.

jerrykid wrote:
riskylvrg wrote:

Some Wharton R3 applicants and waitlisters will get admitted on May 8th and might take it over Booth, Kellogg May 14, Stanford - May 16, Columbia - rolling and HBS - May 17. So those who prefer other schools getting off WL or getting admitted in R3 could make more room for us. Any other comments?

With deposit deadlines for Wharton, Stanford, Harvard due in May, the waitlist picture would be clearer around June, 1st.

With 630 students in the directory, and class size of 570, at least 10.0% of the students must drop out of list. That number seems quite impossible.

The directory still has full-time admits that have committed to other schools. I looked up a guy I know who is a R1 Booth admit (deposit paid) but has decided to attend Wharton instead. He is still in the directory. I would assume there are more like him in the directory. R2 Booth admits who did not accept their offer are no longer included. I think it is going to take a while to do a full sweep of the entire directory to remove people who decided to forfeit their R1 deposits. I will assume that there are also a few people on either the H or S WL that might remove themselves in the summer if they are admitted to either school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 09 May 2012, 08:28.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:11, edited 2 times in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
What about admits in R2 who paid the deposit to, say W/Kellogg and Booth and decided to attend W/Kellogg? It is getting more and more speculative - I guess we will find out on the 16th and June 1st - a week and 3 weeks to the deadline...hopefully, sooner than later.

cheetarah1980 wrote:
The directory still has full-time admits that have committed to other schools. I looked up a guy I know who is a R1 Booth admit (deposit paid) but has decided to attend Wharton instead. He is still in the directory. I would assume there are more like him in the directory. R2 Booth admits who did not accept their offer are no longer included. I think it is going to take a while to do a full sweep of the entire directory to remove people who decided to forfeit their R1 deposits. I will assume that there are also a few people on either the H or S WL that might remove themselves in the summer if they are admitted to either school.

If someone applied to all of their schools in R2, then they likely would not double deposit. They'd choose Booth or not choose Booth. I think the R2 deposits the majority of those will hold. You might lose 5-10 people MAX to maybe HBS or Stanford if they get off the WL this summer. Other than that I don't see there being much fluctuation. Still, the directory is at about 625 people, if even 25 of them were R1 depositors who decided to go to another school in R2, that would be a lot. I can't say for certain but yield is still looking really good at this point.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 09 May 2012, 08:35.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 09 May 2012, 08:39.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
riskylvrg wrote:
And are you sure you can add yourself to the directory without paying the deposit? Maybe we are paying too much attention to the non-issue? How does one get added to the directory?

xzeppelin wrote:
jerrykid wrote:
With deposit deadlines for Wharton, Stanford, Harvard due in May, the waitlist picture would be clearer around June, 1st.

With 630 students in the directory, and class size of 570, at least 10.0% of the students must drop out of list. That number seems quite impossible.

You can add yourself to the directory before you actually pay any deposit. It's likely that they just haven't gotten around to cleaning out the directory of students who never paid their deposit.

I did not add myself to the directory. I believe it automatically populates with your information once you are admitted. You can only get to the directory via the admitted students portal. You do not have to pay a deposit to be in the directory. However, I believe once you decline Booth's admission offer (either officially or by just not responding) then you are are removed from the directory. I don't think that Booth has finished clearing out people who paid the deposit in R1 but forfeited the offer in R2. I do know that applicants who declined Booth outright are no longer listed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 09 May 2012, 08:49.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Roughly 3 people off the Kellogg waitlist today, which is not encouraging for movement on Booth. Granted there is less of a one way trend for one school or the other, but many people likely apply to both.

Similar to Wharton, it appears that most people were carried forward to remain on the waitlist at Kellogg. I could see this being the case at Booth as well, although each school is different.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 09 May 2012, 15:38.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
How did they get off the WL now? Is the WL rolling at Kellogg or was it some sort of deadline for R3?
I also don't anticipate much movement next week since the class seems to be overfilled at this point...Hopefully some movement early June?

Consulting2Finance wrote:
Roughly 3 people off the Kellogg waitlist today, which is not encouraging for movement on Booth. Granted there is less of a one way trend for one school or the other, but many people likely apply to both.

Similar to Wharton, it appears that most people were carried forward to remain on the waitlist at Kellogg. I could see this being the case at Booth as well, although each school is different.

It's a bit of a black box, but it seems the R3 WL deposits are due May 30. Around that time people who were not admitted or dinged today will be able to elect to stay on the wait list or not. There may or may not be a round of decisions, both good and bad before this deadline, based on last year. Admissions are pretty much rolling from here until whenever for those that stay on the wait list. This seems to be the norm for summer wait list candidates.

I have yet to speak to my manager; this is based mostly off what others who have relayed in the Kellogg WL thread.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 09 May 2012, 15:55.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
riskylvrg wrote:
Not sure what you mean by below and how it provides additional space for WLers. In May 30 people will elect to stay on the WL or not, on June 1st deposits will be posted and a few of us might get off the WL after that. But how are people getting off the WL now? As far as i understand, all schools will be admitting WL-ers on R3 deadline which is coming next week for all schools. So, how are they getting off the WL?

do you have a link to the thread?

Consulting2Finance wrote:
It's a bit of a black box, but it seems the R3 WL deposits are due May 30. Around that time people who were not admitted or dinged today will be able to elect to stay on the wait list or not. There may or may not be a round of decisions, both good and bad before this deadline, based on last year. Admissions are pretty much rolling from here until whenever for those that stay on the wait list. This seems to be the norm for summer wait list candidates.

I have yet to speak to my manager; this is based mostly off what others who have relayed in the Kellogg WL thread.

Wharton's R3 decision date was May 8. Kellogg's is May 16, but the R1/R2 waitlist update date was today. People are getting off those lists based on two things: 1) number of admitted students in R2 who didn't pay the deposit and forfeited their spot 2) being compared against R3 applicants for the remaining few spots and beating them out.

People that don't get in but move to the summer waitlist will likely only get in after R3 deposit deadlines, which are late May/early June.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 09 May 2012, 17:00.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
Oops. Then it is indeed bad news - I wonder if some WL's and most of R3s will get re-waitlisted next week.

Booth does waitlist those waitlisted in Round 2 over the summer for your information. In this case, I think that the chance for getting admitted is very low.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
And are you sure you can add yourself to the directory without paying the deposit? Maybe we are paying too much attention to the non-issue? How does one get added to the directory?

I added myself to the directory weeks before I ever paid the deposit. The link is easily accessible from the booth portal site, which you gain access to after being admitted. no deposit required there. I'm sure there were probably admits that never paid the deposit but didn't formally decline the offer either...who knows if those people have been removed yet?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
The fact that you don't need to put in a deposit is reassuring, because it means that there are probably a lot of R2 admits who are in the database but may not accept the offer.

Hopefully it'll work out, but I don't want to let this psych me out as I mentally prepare to go to CBS this fall.

Edit: I just realized that the R2 deposit deadline has passed. D'oh.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  22