Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
spisi2 wrote:
Guys,

I got my interview call last week. I have a 30 min interview scheduled with Britta Narum.

Is this going to be a blind interview with just the resume or will the interviewer have prior knowledge of my whole application packet and might ask any question related to it?

Does any one have any experience with Ms. Narum as an interviewer. I did see one or two comments about her in this post previously but wanted to know of any recent experiences.

Also, I see some candidates had 1 hour interviews. Does the difference in the time slot mean any thing.

Thanks!

The interviewer will only have seen your resume. I think the vast majority of interviews are 30 minutes so I wouldn't be worried about the time. I'm guessing the 1 hour interviews may have gone over?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sfbay2012 wrote:
tim0thy wrote:
Sfbay2012 wrote:
Hi,
I received UC Davis admission letter today. I have untl the 12th of May to accept it. Since I haven't heard from HAAS (& it being my first choice), I'm wondering if I should let UC Berkeley know my situation but I'm afraid of any negative impact it may hav on my app. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I asked the adcom this same exact question a few months ago. They will look at your application individually and can give you an early decision if you provide them proof of your admission to UC Davis. I suggest contacting them asap.

Thanks. I've contacted HAAS about getting an early decision. Keeping fingers crossed.

Did you hear back from Haas. How much time do they take to review your application individually
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No, I have not heard back from HAAS yet. I think they should get back to me next week though. I would think it takes them no more than a week or 10 days to review your application amidst all other applications..

Anyone in a similar situation (acceptance from UC Davis and waiting for HAAS' reply)? Have you heard anything from HAAS?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
muxtheic wrote:
Hmm..they waived the requirement for math/stats for me!

I was all set to take the stats test on 18th: had my flight tickets done for Berkeley, had bought the stats book, and was all set to cramp for two weeks. Time to check if I can get refund or credit on the flight tickets.

This is what my status shows at the end.

Prerequisite Courses:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
Statistics: Complete

Nice little surprise there!!!

Nice! What do you think lead them to that conclusion? Was it a stats related course within the last 5 years? Or significant work experience?

Hi, I'm a 3rd round applicant. I also registered a stats exam on 18th. However, today I checked my application status, it also shows that both my Prerequisite Courses are complete. Does that mean I don't have to take the exam? Since I've never taken any statistic course before, I'm a little worried that it's just a system glitch... Please advice.. Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My math requirements were also updated recently. It states my math pre-req is complete with statistics showing as incomplete. Unfortunately I don't expect to hear the admission results until we get closer to the deadline and I don't believe I can sign-up for the statistics course/waiver unless admitted (please correct me if I'm wrong as it sounds like I may have the wrong info).

As for your question, it's up to you if you don't feel your knowledge with Statistics is up to snuff. If your app says you're complete, I would assume you're good to go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
GZR4DR wrote:
My math requirements were also updated recently. It states my math pre-req is complete with statistics showing as incomplete. Unfortunately I don't expect to hear the admission results until we get closer to the deadline and I don't believe I can sign-up for the statistics course/waiver unless admitted (please correct me if I'm wrong as it sounds like I may have the wrong info).

As for your question, it's up to you if you don't feel your knowledge with Statistics is up to snuff. If your app says you're complete, I would assume you're good to go.

Hi, GZR4DR

Thanks for the response.
I believe you can sign up for the waive exam just by logging into your status report, and you should be able to see this,

You have invitations to private event(s). To find out more or to RSVP, please click the link below.
Mathematics Waiver Exam -- 5/18/2012
Mathematics Waiver Exam -- 5/12/2012
Statistics Waiver Exam -- 5/12/2012

At least that's what I have.

Best
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the tip! As it's already the 8th and I haven't taken a stats class since 2002, I'll probably have to take the stats course offering on campus in June if I'm admitted.

Just for curiousities sake, do all prospective students (even those not admitted) have the math requirements updated before getting their admit/deny/waitlist results? I'm trying to see if I should look positively on the update :).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sfbay2012 wrote:
No, I have not heard back from HAAS yet. I think they should get back to me next week though. I would think it takes them no more than a week or 10 days to review your application amidst all other applications..

Anyone in a similar situation (acceptance from UC Davis and waiting for HAAS' reply)? Have you heard anything from HAAS?

I am actually in a similar situation. I expect to hear from them within the next week or so.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have to be out of country for three weeks (May 28-June 15) due to a personal matter and unfortunately I can not change the timing. Since decisions are made during the last few days of May, I'm wondering what the best approach should be in case I get admitted. Do I have certain time-frame within which I have to accept the offer? Is any deposit required?
Any help / suggestion would be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
GZR4DR wrote:
Thanks for the tip! As it's already the 8th and I haven't taken a stats class since 2002, I'll probably have to take the stats course offering on campus in June if I'm admitted.

Just for curiousities sake, do all prospective students (even those not admitted) have the math requirements updated before getting their admit/deny/waitlist results? I'm trying to see if I should look positively on the update :).

Same thing here... my prereqs were updated online: stats incomplete, math complete. I'm not sure it means anything, other than knowing the fact that the adcom has already reviewed my file and maybe even made a decision already. I'm not getting my hopes up...yet.

Any R1/R2 folks remember the timing of if/when your prereq status was updated before your admit/ding?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
@chicagomba... I have the same question as you do...Folks from R1/R2 or even R3..please tell us when your Pre-reqs were updated ?

Also, have another question, Incase we get dinged, does Haas reveal the decision before June 1st ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
sri0415 wrote:
@chicagomba... I have the same question as you do...Folks from R1/R2 or even R3..please tell us when your Pre-reqs were updated ?

Also, have another question, Incase we get dinged, does Haas reveal the decision before June 1st ?

R1 WL here. The pre-reqs getting updates has no correlation with your chances of admission. The adcom quickly looks at your GMAT quant score and whether you took a stats course in the past 5 yrs to update your pre-req. It is likely for this to happen before your interview.

I don't expect haas to announce results either way before the June 1st deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I'll take the statistics waiver exam soon, but not sure what kind of calculator I can use during the test. Will the scientific calculator be allowed to use during the test? Or I have to buy a basic one? :roll:
Many thanks,
H
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
***PLEASE READ IF YOUR MATHS/STATS REQUIREMENTS ARE LISTED AS COMPLETE ****

So as you know the math and stats waiver in my case were listed as complete. However, I decided to check with the office if that was indeed the case and I didn't have to take the waiver exams. The answer I got was that there is indeed a mistake and that my stats requirement are incomplete and I would have to take the stats waiver exam or take a stats course. Please check with the admissions office if you are in a similar situation. Now I am regretting slacking off on the stats prep and not checking with the admissions office earlier. The waiver exam is on 18th but I have decided to cancel it, and take the exam/course in June.

shan123456 wrote:
tlbkcal wrote:
muxtheic wrote:
Hmm..they waived the requirement for math/stats for me!

I was all set to take the stats test on 18th: had my flight tickets done for Berkeley, had bought the stats book, and was all set to cramp for two weeks. Time to check if I can get refund or credit on the flight tickets.

This is what my status shows at the end.

Prerequisite Courses:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
Statistics: Complete

Nice little surprise there!!!

Nice! What do you think lead them to that conclusion? Was it a stats related course within the last 5 years? Or significant work experience?

Hi, I'm a 3rd round applicant. I also registered a stats exam on 18th. However, today I checked my application status, it also shows that both my Prerequisite Courses are complete. Does that mean I don't have to take the exam? Since I've never taken any statistic course before, I'm a little worried that it's just a system glitch... Please advice.. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bayareaschools wrote:
Sfbay2012 wrote:

I am actually in a similar situation. I expect to hear from them within the next week or so.

Did you hear anything from HAAS? I have not.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
2 more weeks to go! I somehow feel being waitlisted after June 1st could be the worst outcome for me....may be not :)

Has anybody heard a decision in last 2/3 weeks. Lets keep the spirits up by posting any updates as we go through these very long days ahead of us!

I also got a status update on prerequisites ---Math-complete, Stats-Incomplete.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
desiaggie1980 wrote:
2 more weeks to go! I somehow feel being waitlisted after June 1st could be the worst outcome for me....may be not :)

Has anybody heard a decision in last 2/3 weeks. Lets keep the spirits up by posting any updates as we go through these very long days ahead of us!

I also got a status update on prerequisites ---Math-complete, Stats-Incomplete.

Same here. I got the same status update.. Based on the FB update, it seems like there are 4-5 new members in the last 2 weeks. I was told that they'll notify everyone only in the last two days.. Good luck everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts