Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Re: MSc in Finance at HEC - Interview [#permalink]
Kudos
Jackolam, I really think you should stop slandering HEC in all your posts. Sometimes it feels like they had rejected you and you are trying to punish them in some twisted way. HEC is ranked among the best Ms Finance programs. Its recruiters are leading financial institutions and government agencies. I don`t know about your particular experience at HEC, maybe its just the program you attended that didn`t grow up to your expectations. However, the Ms Finance and MBA programs have very solid reputation and student profiles !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Ivan91 wrote:
Jackolam, I really think you should stop slandering HEC in all your posts. Sometimes it feels like they had rejected you and you are trying to punish them in some twisted way. HEC is ranked among the best Ms Finance programs. Its recruiters are leading financial institutions and government agencies. I don`t know about your particular experience at HEC, maybe its just the program you attended that didn`t grow up to your expectations. However, the Ms Finance and MBA programs have very solid reputation and student profiles !

LOL. You're going there next year right? Let me know what you feel. I feel like a lot of people who got accepted into some program has to defend vehemently what they've earned based on some ranking stats and profile advertised. I mean HEC tries really hard to be competitive as a good school but it's just sad how many people end up disappointed when school starts. When you get into the program you really dont feel like sayign **** about the school because it really hurts that you beleive so much in it and it turns out to be hype. I dont blame the French for thinking they built a good school - most of them have lazy and non-serious attitudes which is something really bad in business.

I feel like I should present facts to people who were not aware of the school. All I've said are true its just that you should take these things into consideration.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
I am not going to HEC. I am going to apply for Ms Finance in 2013. The thing is that there are some stats that HEC certainly cannot influence. It ranks tops for salaries after 3 months. How can this achieved in such a bad school as you described it ? It also ranks very high in the ranking "alumni satisfaction.
https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... ience-2011
Placement success rank - 2 ; Careers rank - 2 , aims achieved ( 90 % ) , company internships ( 100% ) , value for money rank - 1 !!

Of course I am talking for the masters in finance program. You might have a different experience in other pprogram.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,
I have been admitted both to the HEC MSc International Finance and the LSE MSc Finance&Economics.
After careful consideration, I decided to enroll at HEC.
I have read many opinions about HEC on this forum, but I believe that the people who wrote them are just misinformed.

Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss further about HEC and LSE.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: International Business, Finance
Send PM
Hi congrats!

Apart from what heard above, HEC is one of the best B-Schools in Europe with no doubt. I will try also in the future to get into it. Really you should be proud.

Well for what I know and researched from other schools admissions the interview is normally on 3 subjects:

First one they ask you why you've choosen the school and Master. I guess really knowing the school and the program shows them you've done research, linking your abilities and ethics to the school values could be really good too.

Second they normally ask about your background. Trying to measure your financial knowledge or work experience, since HEC aims for an international class I would prepare myself reading lots of international news, plus, since French people are, let's say, like really proud of themselves and their nation (This is my opinion, pls I don't mean to offend anybody) I will review their news, politics, business activities, etc.

Third is about goals. What are your goals, I guess not only in your career but in life, they have to be realistic and affordable, and mentioning how the school can help you will be great.

This is what I will prepare in my opinion, I hope it helps you and who knows maybe we get to see each other I will send my application in March (Haven't taken my GMAT yet :s )! Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
As you have correctly stated, the interview is composed by 3, let's say, main topics of discussion. Having made researches on HEC and Finance demonstrates interest and is certainly the best way to impress your interviewers. Don't forget that they always look for candidates with well-rounded personality. The GMAT is just a starting point which does not show much about yourself as your GPA and curriculum do.
Best of luck with your application. Hope to see you on campus in September 2013! In the meantime, if you wanna add me on Linkedin, send me a PM! ;)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts