Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:32 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Looks like no one from WL heard back. Based on last years threads there was some movement in the week after R4 deposit date.

Back to waiting I guess..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
ldnnyk wrote:
Looks like no one from WL heard back. Based on last years threads there was some movement in the week after R4 deposit date.

yea they seem to be a bit behind overall this year/cycle so i wouldn't expect for anyone to hear anything for at least another week or two.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
snipes wrote:
ldnnyk wrote:

yea they seem to be a bit behind overall this year/cycle so i wouldn't expect for anyone to hear anything for at least another week or two.

Anyone got a feedback session yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
yjiang42 wrote:
snipes wrote:
ldnnyk wrote:

Anyone got a feedback session yet?

Hi
A good freind of mind that applied on 3rd round was waitlisted after the interview. He had a feedback session that was practically a second chance interview. I believe that he is really close to get accepted and because of the delays and "squeaks" in the admission process (the head of admission team just gave birth and they are missing a professional officer) he will get answers just in a week or two.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
what are you guys talking about re: 'feedback sessions'? i was not aware that waitlisted candidates were offered feedback? could someone clarify, or point me towards where they got this information? nothing in my waitlist letter said anything about a feedback session.

edit: yea, i just reread my waitlist letter and it doesn't mention anything about feedback anywhere. would appreciate more info on this.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Snipes, as I understand from previous years threads - some waitlisted candidates are invited for feedback sessions with adcom. And it looks like the chances of acceptance after getting a feedback are higher.

But, I am not sure if they are necessary for being accepted off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
I'm an waitlisted AMBA candidate. Since classes start today, I assume they won't call me anymore, but couldn't Johnson have dropped me a ding email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I guess this expalins the slience from Johnson. So I guess it could be until June 1st, when the 2nd deposit is due. Thoughts ?

Anyone got a feedback session yet?[/quote]

Hi
A good freind of mind that applied on 3rd round was waitlisted after the interview. He had a feedback session that was practically a second chance interview. I believe that he is really close to get accepted and because of the delays and "squeaks" in the admission process (the head of admission team just gave birth and they are missing a professional officer) he will get answers just in a week or two.[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Still no waitlist news huh? From Johnson's perspective, it seems like waiting until after the June 1st deadline to release any further decisions would make sense. Ugh.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Maybe some of us that get off wl can be housemates. Sucks looking for a place so late.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HotFuzz wrote:
Still no waitlist news huh? From Johnson's perspective, it seems like waiting until after the June 1st deadline to release any further decisions would make sense. Ugh.

june 1st is the 2nd deposit deadline? tbh, my thinking is that the adcom has been pretty swamped with work and it's probably taking them a bit to get everything straightened out. i still feel like there will be some movement at the end of this month...but maybe at that point they will just wait until june 1st and send out one big wave.

sylverlee--are you implying you got off the WL? housing is the least of my concerns haha. that's one of those good problems imo.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
haha I mean "if" I do get off wl. I agree that they probably won't start taking people until 2nd deadline.
Does anyone know when Orientation and Classes begin for the Class of 2014? Really hoping that Johnson starts calling and admitting Waitlisters soon! Seems like the Admissions Office is swamped.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
They've asked all the 2014 students to arrive no later than august 5th for orientation. and orientation lasts until August 22nd when they go directly into the core

Posted from my mobile device
iamvolitant wrote:
They've asked all the 2014 students to arrive no later than august 5th for orientation. and orientation lasts until August 22nd when they go directly into the core

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks so much! That's really coming up fast. Starting to feel anxious.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Do any admitted/matriculating students know how to pay the second deposit? I tried to do it through the same way I paid my first deposit, but I don't want to pay the first deposit twice (if that makes sense). I'm just trying to avoid any confusion going forward. I tried to call the Adcom during my lunch break around 2:30 and got no answer. Will try tomorrow, but maybe someone here has had some luck! Feel free to PM me or post here! Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.31
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
pitpit wrote:
Do any admitted/matriculating students know how to pay the second deposit? I tried to do it through the same way I paid my first deposit, but I don't want to pay the first deposit twice (if that makes sense). I'm just trying to avoid any confusion going forward. I tried to call the Adcom during my lunch break around 2:30 and got no answer. Will try tomorrow, but maybe someone here has had some luck! Feel free to PM me or post here! Thanks!

I had the same question as you, so I emailed admissions last week. They said to pay the second deposit the same way you paid the first one. It's not the most elegant method, but it works I guess.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68  ...  72   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts