Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.84
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
Can those accepted share when they have to make a decision by?

Can those who've looked at past years share generally how many people were accepted from summer waitlist?

I'm just trying to weigh my odds so I can start planning for where I'm moving.
Intern
Intern
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
theresalwayshope wrote:

Can those who've looked at past years share generally how many people were accepted from summer waitlist?

My email says: Three weeks from today we will need to have heard from you on whether you will be attending Kellogg in the fall. A $2,000 deposit is due to our office by that date.

So may be by the end of May, some admits will be issued again. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Human Resources, Sustainability
Schools: HBS '14
GMAT Date: 01-02-2012
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
So it's basically the end of May/ 3 weeks since the last round of waitlist decisions went out and R3 deposits are due on the 4th of June. From last year's WL forum it appears that a couple of decisions (both ins and outs) were posted around this time (and I believe the R3 deposit last year was the 6th or 8th of June)...
Has anyone heard anything from NU since the start of May? Any insights or suppositions about what the next week will look like?
I am just about bursting to receive a definitive answer. Obviously I'd love it to be positive above anything, but I'm just dying to have an answer either way. (And I do realize that logically, given the number of spots that may open up and the number of us waiting to hear, the odds are very much against me, but I'm still hoping for an answer from NU before I have to pull myself off the list...)
Good luck to my fellow WL-ers!

Obligatory Wildcat growl,
Molly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mollylemon wrote:
So it's basically the end of May/ 3 weeks since the last round of waitlist decisions went out and R3 deposits are due on the 4th of June. From last year's WL forum it appears that a couple of decisions (both ins and outs) were posted around this time (and I believe the R3 deposit last year was the 6th or 8th of June)...
Has anyone heard anything from NU since the start of May? Any insights or suppositions about what the next week will look like?
I am just about bursting to receive a definitive answer. Obviously I'd love it to be positive above anything, but I'm just dying to have an answer either way. (And I do realize that logically, given the number of spots that may open up and the number of us waiting to hear, the odds are very much against me, but I'm still hoping for an answer from NU before I have to pull myself off the list...)

Molly.

Do you have any backup options in case Kellogg dings you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
theresalwayshope wrote:

Looks like you got into Ross, congrats! Are there any other schools that you got into? Did you get a decent sized scholarship at Ross?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ahhmee wrote:
I just spoke with my WL manager -- he basically said that those who did not hear back yesterday are on the summer waitlist and that we will receive notification of this by late May/early June. He also told me that any acceptances from here on out will be on an adhoc basis up until one week before fall orientation. Good luck everyone! I'm still holding onto that sliver of hope that I might get in this year...

Did you get into any schools this year or is Kellogg the only one you applied to?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
Send PM
mollylemon wrote:

Molly.

Molly,

I share your sentiments. I recommend using a password manager; it makes the whole "Check Application Status" a point and click affair which is somehow more dignified than typing in one's Username and Password 15+ times a day.

Paranoia and poor time management led me to analyze last year's Waitlist Thread -- there were admit/deny decisions posted on May 31, June 10 (primarily denials), and July 12. Logically, I'd say we should expect to see movement the week of June 4, since the Adcom "should" have a true yield picture by then. Illogically, I suspect I'll be keeping a not so loose eye on this thread, and the Application Status Page, for the next few months.

Best of luck to all of you, except to whoever takes my spot (/joke).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's easy to figure out when they'll probably release decisions.

June 4th is the deposit deadline so by June 5th, they'll release their first "batch" or waitlist acceptances. They are probably reviewing them this week and the next.

They will give those June 5th admits about 3wks to decide, and then have a second batch ready (much smaller). So June 26th we should expect to hear of a few more admits. It will probably continue that way until classes start.

It makes sense for them to want to speed things up so that they get the best candidates before they potentially hear back from competing schools.

I estimate that there are about 100 people on the summer wait list right now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Wharton R2 (Int), Columbia (Ding), Kellogg R2, Duke R2 (Int)
WE 1: International Development (2 years)
WE 2: Ibanking (3.5 years)
Send PM
I spoke with my WL manager for about 10 minutes on Friday. He told me that on June 9th they will be offering spots to the summer wait list. That list will be smaller than the current list so expect some dings to be coming on or around June 9th. He did not make any indication that admits would be released then as well (but maybe there will), more so was saying how for those that make the summer WL it will drag on deep into the summer. He also said that there is no way to predict summer WL movement, some years there are quite a few and other years there are none.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I don't want to disclose my source as it is a personal connection but I would say that there will most likely be almost no additional admits forthcoming. I received the following quote on the 13th of May.

Quote:
We have had a great pool of applications this year, and our yield rate is up by a nice margin. While this is good news for Kellogg, it means that it is unlikely we will be going very deep into our waitlist.

Hate to rain on anybody's parade(mine included) but I wouldn't be holding your breath for a summer admit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
^ First, props for informing the rest of the class about this. I had an inkling when the size of the Facebook group didn't decrease at all, even weeks after the R2 deposit deadline. I try and look at the positive side of most things but it really is unfortunate that the one year we are on the wait list, they have an unusually high yield.

I'll be reapplying next year in R1 and will do my best to not be stuck on the darn wait list again!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
Send PM
Any movement? This is like Illinois Water Torture.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
June 9th is a Saturday so I doubt we will be contacted about the summer waitlist then... Who knows anymore. I wish they didn't even have such a thing as a waitlist... ugh.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
anything?????
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
just got an email....ding!!

any more updates???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Ding here
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Ding. Finally, closure. Now working on a stronger application for next year. Good luck everyone else - with business school or wherever else your life takes you!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23