Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: 750(Q-51,V-40) Gunned down the GMAT [#permalink]
Although it is too late to ask as I have my GMAT coming up on this Monday, but do you remember how many questions did you get from P&C. I'm a bit jittery about quant as I have not touched P&C at all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatsamurai07 wrote:
Although it is too late to ask as I have my GMAT coming up on this Monday, but do you remember how many questions did you get from P&C. I'm a bit jittery about quant as I have not touched P&C at all.

Don't bother much about P&C now rather don't bother about anything at this stage. Think like this: "What I know is ENOUGH. And even with what I already know, I can manage a good score. " So just be in the right frame of mind now because that is what is more important in the last few days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
gmatgunner wrote:

Don't bother much about P&C now rather don't bother about anything at this stage. Think like this: "What I know is ENOUGH. And even with what I already know, I can manage a good score. " So just be in the right frame of mind now because that is what is more important in the last few days.

I think you are right. Even if I do something of P&C now, chances are good that I won't be able to apply whatever I learn so wont be of much use. Am focusing on thinking about what to do under different situations during the exam.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatgunner wrote:
You may want to go through this link.I highly recommend that you use the resources by a veteran member Bunuel. Go through his signature and you'll find the links to a lot of good resources for DS.
gmat-math-book-87417.html

Thanks. There seems to be a lot of resources by Bunuel on the quant forum. Will go through them
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
gauravdangi wrote:
Thanks. There seems to be a lot of resources by Bunuel on the quant forum. Will go through them

You may also wanna try some gmatclub tests. On some special days you can have free access to them. You need to check the list of such days though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
I really like the systematic way in which you went ahead with your preparation. How many times do you think should one take the GMATPREP CATs ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
hustler22 wrote:
I really like the systematic way in which you went ahead with your preparation. How many times do you think should one take the GMATPREP CATs ?

I think that you should take the GMATPREP at least twice. Since on retaking the same test, you are bound to see some repeat questions, so you will get inflated score. Ideally, you should pause for around 1 minute and not to anything when you get a repeat question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
hustler22 wrote:

I think that the GMAT should be taken thrice. The reason is that each section of each test has 250 questions and you want to ensure that you use all of them to get a good hang of the type of questions you are likely to see on the GMAT. If you don't want to take them thrice, then you may want to download the GMATPREP SC,CR Compilations documents from the SC and CR forums here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
archimittal01 wrote:
I think that the GMAT should be taken thrice. The reason is that each section of each test has 250 questions and you want to ensure that you use all of them to get a good hang of the type of questions you are likely to see on the GMAT. If you don't want to take them thrice, then you may want to download the GMATPREP SC,CR Compilations documents from the SC and CR forums here.

Whoa! I never knew that there are 250 questions each per section per test. That's not a large sample for a CAT but still quite good though. Thanks for the info
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Thanks. Is there any difference between the Old GMATPREP and the new GMATPREP software except for the IR section. I mean are there new questions on Verbal/Quant ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hustler22 wrote:
Thanks. Is there any difference between the Old GMATPREP and the new GMATPREP software except for the IR section. I mean are there new questions on Verbal/Quant ?

No there is no difference in the questions. The questions remain the same both on Verbal and on Quant. Only the interface has changed and the IR section has been added.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatgaga wrote:
hustler22 wrote:

No there is no difference in the questions. The questions remain the same both on Verbal and on Quant. Only the interface has changed and the IR section has been added.

Can you please tell me whether the old PowerPrep software is still good for practice ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Great performance. Congrats
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gauravdangi wrote:
gmatgaga wrote:
hustler22 wrote:

Can you please tell me whether the old PowerPrep software is still good for practice ?

yes, you may do it. It has a lot of questions from OG10 though . The questions especially the maths one seemed to be on the easier side, but all in all good for practice
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
shovitdhar wrote:
surya02 wrote:
shovitdhar wrote:
Thank you. I think that bb is the great motivator for all of us here. :) It's because of him that we have such a great forum. Don't worry too much about the profile. Just think about ways of distinguishing yourself from rest of the folks and you should be there! :)

Who is bb ?

bb is the big boy here-the head of the brotherhood i.e. the founder of gmatclub :)

bb- big boy ; big boss ; big brother ..... :-D

GMATGUNNER: You got an awesome score....congrats.... I wish to see the same break up same score...... same way I want to gun down the GMAT.
Your score is what I dream of every night while sleeping and every day while dreaming,,,, :-D

Congrats again and do keep us updated about your application progress....Good luck !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Excellent score CONGRATS!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Awesome score. I'd love to have that perfect balance in the sectional scores. I'm having difficulty in sentence correction and would appreciate your inputs
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts