Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:47 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3670 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: e-gmat or gmatpill for RC? [#permalink]
Is not there anybody in the forum who has used both gmatpill rc and e-gmat rc? Actually I'd love to get some comparison between these two from the real users. However, I'd also like to hear experiences of people who have used either one of these (assuming not many people have tried both)

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Originally posted by gmatda on 10 Jun 2012, 05:24.
Last edited by gmatda on 10 Jun 2012, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks sprusty and gmatpill.

Sprusty,
I am unable to find enough reviews on e-gmat RC since e-gmat introduced it only 2 months back. Can you please elaborate your experience a bit for me?

Thanks
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I'm currently doing the E-gmat course for RC . I feel it's fairly good , but a bit time consuming . The thing with RC is you should try a bunch of strategies and see what works best for you . There isn't one universal strategy that works for everyone . Also for RC and CR I recommend that you stick to OG questions as far as possible .

What specific areas are you making mistakes in ? Detail questions ? Main point question ? or some other type ?If you want to know something more specific about the E-gmat RC course , send me a PM .
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30776 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear gmatda,

You are correct that the e-GMAT RC course is quite new - in fact its only 2 months old. Yet, we have had quite a few success stories (over 10 in May). We are still in the process of publishing those interviews. However, every e-GMAT course goes through alpha and beta trials and below is some of the feedback from our beta trial users.

When you choose a course, you should look for a few things:

1. Coverage of concepts: Does the course cover all the concepts. For example, does the course teach the various kinds of inferences tested on the GMAT, talk about how to approach application questions, details questions etc - not just by solving some passages but using a much more fundamental approach.

2. Does the course have practice exercises: The e-GMAT course has 35 passages (we are adding more soon) and overall 170+ practice questions. These are passages that the e-GMAT team has created.

3. Does the course come with support : Every RC concept in e-GMAT course has its its own dedicated forum. So you not only learn from your doubts but also from queries posted by your fellow GMATers.

4. The overall quality: Take the fee trial and gauge the quality.

5. Target audience: A often ignored but very important factor. Our courses are designed for non-natives. We validate their efficacy by involving alpha and beta testers and because of such exhaustive testing we have a very high hit rate with non-natives.

Below are a few more reviews by our Beta trial users.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bP6aD7ibrA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4uZchV30xs
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi there,

When I was studying for my GMAT, I used the GMAT Pill resources. I'm a native speaker of English, though, so I can't speak from my own experience. As Zeke has noted above, however, the GMAT Pill works even for non-native speakers. If you run through the GMAT Pill's materials and pick up Zeke's various strategies for tackling the different types of Verbal questions, you should be more than well-prepared for the perils of the GMAT.

How are your scores looking now? Is there any particular type of help that you think you need?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Hi folks,
Can any e-GMAT's student share how your experience has been with e-GMAT 's RC course?

Much appreciate your feedback.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30776 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi bagdbmba,

I am sure some of our students will chime in. However, the best would be if you go through the free trial. Also look at these videos below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bP6aD7ibrA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4uZchV30xs

Regards,

Rajat Sadana
GMAT Club Bot