Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 508 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Supply Chain, Logistics
WE 1: IT 1 Yr
WE 2: Supply Chain 5 Yrs
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 778 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Books - Latest Update [#permalink]
vandygrad11:

I see what you meen. The issue for me is that its my first time and i really need to score 700+, thats why im so in to studying like a maniac. But you got a solid point there, im just very nervous about the exam and the amount of materials you have to go through. The most important thing is to be productive. My study plan was to start very early, at like 07.00-08.00, finish by 17.00-18.00 and right after hit the gym ( to clear my mind) and then relax for the rest of the day. But i will shorten it and be as productive as i can. Just gonna find a good study schedule for the next 8 weeks and then start the whole process with a prep test to see where i stand.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I will do the first free test in the next fews days. Never tried the GMAT before.
I have a quick question, on a similar note as the previous poster.

What's best amongst these options?

1. The Manhattan Complete Prep Set, USD290
2. The Premium GMAT Study Collection, USD 264
3. The Manhattan Complete Prep Set, USD290 + The GMAT OnDemand Study Collection, USD185
4. The Manhattan Complete Strategy Guide, USD192 + The GMAT OnDemand Study Collection, USD185

...or other packages/combinations

Thanks!

(I quoted the official RRPs, they might be cheaper somewhere else)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GPA: 1
Send PM
buy from amazon - a lot cheaper

BTW has anyone tried PR's new 1037 questions book? Is that any good?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Right, in addition to my question above...Here's another one.

Looks like the Manhattan Strategy Guides 5th Ed. (which now comprises of 10 books) + the 3 Official Guides (Review, Quant and Verbal) are a must have. Do I need to buy any other book (for example to have more practice questions/tests/etc)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GPA: 1
Send PM
buy sackmann's extreme challenge set, $25 I believe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello GMATclub!

I've been interested in taking the GMAT for a quite while and as I just finished my first semester of my BSc I thought it would be a good idea to start early with preparations.

The problem I'm facing is probably to find the best study plan for myself. I am worried cause I'm not from a country where you speak english and my math knowledge is very basic. That might require me to do some extra studying apart from the test-structure.

My question is therefore: Out of all the books out there, are there any that helps someone that's a complete blank paper to becoming ready? Or should I start learning the basics of math and english grammar before I start looking for a suitable GMAT test-prep book?

I'm sorry if my english wasn't understandable. Feel free to ask me anything to make my question clearer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi bb,
Hi guys,

as you know - I've been quite for a while around here and am some months into my GMAT preparation. Unfortunately, starting April, I only had few possibilities to study and therefore got behind schedule. Initially, I wanted to take GMAT before the conversion in June, but then decided that the Integrated Reasoning section won't be that much of a difference.

My question:

Having in mind that I already have the MGMAT 4 Ed. 8 pack (just CR from Powescore), OG 12 pack (with VG2 and QG2), as well as both MGMAT Foundations books, which new books should I buy now to be updated? I definitely think of getting OG13 (Verbal 3? Quant 3?), but am still unsure about the new MGMAT books. I will definitely need something about Integrated Reasoning.

I surely want to sit for the GMAT until the End of July.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I like "1,012 GMAT Practice Questions (Graduate School Test Preparation) (Paperback)" and i think this one is cheaper and useful for GMAT Test.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
MichelleVelasquez wrote:
I like "1,012 GMAT Practice Questions (Graduate School Test Preparation) (Paperback)" and i think this one is cheaper and useful for GMAT Test.

i think you are referring to the PR 1012 questions. They have released a new book a month ago with 1039 questions and IR section included.
It is quite good as a question collection but does not contain any strategies or materials to learn to improve, just questions and explanations.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello again

I was just wondering if these books are enough to aim for a 700+ score, or should i order some more.

FOUNDATIONS OF GMAT VERBAL (manhattan)
THE OFFICIAL GUIDE (13)
FOUNDATIONS OF GMAT MATH (Manhattan)
MANHATTAN GMAT, SET OF 8
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing
Send PM
I currently have the 11th edition of OG, but planning to buy the MGMAT Guides; having trouble deciding b/w the 8 books of the 4th edition or the 10th books of the 5th edition (about a $30 difference - every $ I save counts). Should I opt to buy the 5th edition of the guides and buy the 13th edition of OG? I am planning to use self-prep along with the Magoosh premium service. Just FYI - will need a strong math review. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I quote my question :) What should I buy in order to be able to sit for the new GMAT?

Thanks!

bgpower wrote:
Hi bb,
Hi guys,

as you know - I've been quite for a while around here and am some months into my GMAT preparation. Unfortunately, starting April, I only had few possibilities to study and therefore got behind schedule. Initially, I wanted to take GMAT before the conversion in June, but then decided that the Integrated Reasoning section won't be that much of a difference.

My question:

Having in mind that I already have the MGMAT 4 Ed. 8 pack (just CR from Powescore), OG 12 pack (with VG2 and QG2), as well as both MGMAT Foundations books, which new books should I buy now to be updated? I definitely think of getting OG13 (Verbal 3? Quant 3?), but am still unsure about the new MGMAT books. I will definitely need something about Integrated Reasoning. Would you recommend me to buy the the MGMAT IR?

I surely want to sit for the GMAT until the End of July.

Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Send PM
How many new questions have been introduced in OG 13 that are not available in OG 12. Does OG 13 has more SC problems that deal with meaning issues (as are seen in the new GMAT format).

Is it absolutely essential to buy OG 13 to ace the new format? How about the IR section of OG 13? Is it helpful?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am a bit concerned with the answers here as there isn't much about the Manhattan GMAT Complete Strategy Guide Set, 5th Edition

and therefore I was wondering if this version is different or better than the previous edition (from 2009 I believe)

I was thus sceptical about the necessity of buying the last version !

I am also going to buy the OG13, after having read a lot of this forum I figured out those two should be a strong basis that I could complete anytime afterward with more specific material.

D'avance merci !

I am sorry that I haven't taken yet the time to introduce myself nor to complete my profile but I am in a bit of a hurry as I need to get those books asap
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
There is a deal happening on Facebook's GMAT page for $185 you get a number of books. What do you think of the value of this deal?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Send PM
Please post the link to the above deal.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I want to start and complete my study without leaving any gaps. Specifically, I want to make sure that I have covered all the possible quantitative parts, and all the possible verbal parts, as well as a good quality practice tests. However, I do not want to have multiple books that aim for teaching the same field. There are so many books that you may get lost among them. So, does anyone have the suggestion about the best combination of books?

Best one to cover quantitative topics A to Z: ?
Best one to cover verbal topics A to Z: ?
Best one in terms of practice tests for 750+ score: ?

After reading this thread I started thinking that having ONLY OG and Manhattan GMAT would cover everything from A to Z. What do you think?

Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11