Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: From Aringo: *Awesome* Application Self-Assessment Tool [#permalink]
What about schools that use rolling admission? does it matter when you apply during the first round before the final deadline?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If they read application by the order they receive them, then I guess there is an advantage to applying early. Of course in that case you don't have to stress about a specific deadline so you can take your time and submit your application when it's ready and strong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Regarding this discussion on application rounds, I think that if you are a really strong candidate, you will be admitted, regardless of the round in which you apply. Remember that you don't know your competition in each round, you don't know how strong are the applicants who apply in a specific round, so you can only guess. It is possible that sometimes it will be easier to get accepted in round 2 or even 3.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What about the eternal question about whether an improvement in the GMAT is worth postponing the application submission to the next round? is a possible increase of 10-20 points on the GMAT worth waiting for round 2 or 3?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think it depends on the actual score:
An improvement from 690 to 710 is substantial, but an improvement from 710 to 730 doesn't matter as much in my opinion. In addition, some schools allow updates from candidates after application submission, so you can apply early and then improve the GMAT and update the school with your improved score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I heard that it's easier for female candidates to get into some B-schools. Can anyone tell me if it's true?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Well, I also heard about it but I don't know if it's true for every school. I guess that guys are more management-driven in general so more of them try to apply there. It's a known fact that schools try to make their classes as heterogeneous as possible so naturally they'll want more female students. I guess a woman can do better than a man with the same GMAT score (given all other parameters remain equal…).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Right, they like diversity (male-female and also nationality-wise) and they take pride of having high percentage of women in class.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Absolutely - many b-schools nowadays are trying to attract more women, which probably makes it a bit easier for women to get accepted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I took it in retrospective and it was rather accurate, although I couldn't remember some of my stats (promotions, awards) so I gave an estimate.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think this tool gives too much importance to the GMAT score. Career progress and accomplishments are much more important, and it tells more about a candidate than a test you can prepare for and take many times.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I agree, although it's not the tool's fault, the b-schools are the ones giving too much importance to the GMAT score. That's just the way it is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Unfortunately it's true, and I think that way they are missing some of the best candidates, only because their GMAT is too low.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
I took this several months ago... According to the assessment (if I answer realistically), I am a stretch at every school I am applying to.

Why would I let this tool stop me from reaching out to my goals and dreams? This tool knows nothing about me. It knows nothing about any of you. Dont let it deter you.. the more time we waste worrying about this thing the less likely you are to get in cause your essays arent being polished...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm with you on this, you or anyone else shouldn't let it stop you from going after your dream! if you think you have what it takes, go for it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I took it retroactively and the results were pretty close to my actual results, although while doing it I thought there should be more importance for some factors and less for others. For example, promotions at work and managing more people is more important than community service.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's a useful tool.. gives good insight into what adcoms value most in GENERAL but of course should not be taken as FACT! It's just a fun tool to test your chances, but certainly you shouldn't be the basis for choosing schools at all
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10