Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
Send PM
Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
rona0521 wrote:
Hi All -

Hoping someone can provide me some advice-I'm still in the pool of applicants waiting to hear from Stern.

I'm currently located in SF, but last week received an offer to work for an organization in NYC. This job is a huge promotion for me and a step in the right direction for what I want to do long term. I wrote about this job in the option essay- that I was interviewing and planning on moving to NYC this summer and will be able to work for about 2 months before starting in the Langone program.

My question is, now that I've actually gotten the job, should I email the adcom and let them know? Or do we think that this is pestering them, especially since I already wrote that I was in the final interview stages with the organization.

Any thoughts would be helpful,
Thanks.

You should let AdCom know as this will certainly have positive impact on your application. I would suggest you should attach the updated resume and work history to highlight your new role.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
imdaShiy wrote:
loser wrote:
I would recommend reviewing the threads from previous years and see if there is a case similar to yours.

I found something about sending them information but it is regarding waitlist candidates. hxxps://applicant.stern.nyu.edu/statusc ... stFAQ.html

In my opinion, they have already accepted people with fitting credentials and they are precessing the ones that lack a factor or two. So it would hurt updating your case, specially since they already know you had something pending.

Hope this helps.

That waitlisted page mentions "New information about employment" should be submitted. In this case here with OP not hearing back yet, sending this information would hurt OP's chances of admission? I would think not, since this offer from the new employer solidifies what was just a plan outlined in the original application. Also, I would hope that for $225, reading a few lines in an extra e-mail with relevant information should not backfire on an applicant.

You are right, that's what i meant... i somehow didn't type the "not" and the meaning changed. Sorry.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Operations
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I will submit just a line or two and also update that work history excel sheet we had to fill out.

And FYI- Yes I would take this job even if I didn't hear from Stern. This is way too great of an opportunity to pass up and likely a position I would have applied to post-MBA, so I see no reason not to take it now and apply again later... but hopefully it will not come to that :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
rona0521 wrote:
Hi All -

Hoping someone can provide me some advice-I'm still in the pool of applicants waiting to hear from Stern.

I'm currently located in SF, but last week received an offer to work for an organization in NYC. This job is a huge promotion for me and a step in the right direction for what I want to do long term. I wrote about this job in the option essay- that I was interviewing and planning on moving to NYC this summer and will be able to work for about 2 months before starting in the Langone program.

My question is, now that I've actually gotten the job, should I email the adcom and let them know? Or do we think that this is pestering them, especially since I already wrote that I was in the final interview stages with the organization.

Thanks.

I think its a good idea to send an email. Make sure that you don't sound desperate.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Has anyone that was admitted started the Kroll verification process? Have you heard back and how long does it take?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kira88 wrote:
Has anyone that was admitted started the Kroll verification process? Have you heard back and how long does it take?

Hey, I started it a week ago, and just heard back today that they can't get ahold of my previous employer. I provided them proof of employment (offer letter, W-2), and they said that should be it, but the case will be open for another 10 days just in case that employer calls them back (after 5 unanswered tries).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V42
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
kira88 wrote:

I attempted to start it yesterday, but I wasn't in their system yet...I was accepted on June 20th, so there seems to be a slight delay. They said to just keep trying for the next week or so.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Hey Guys, it seems some results came out today from NYU. Does anyone know how many spots are left for the Fall Part Time program? Is it normal for so many people to be waiting at this point, considering there's only couple weeks left till Aug 1st?

Thank you, appreciate any help.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Yes, it looks like (on the excel sheet) someone got admitted today. Congratulations! I wonder how many of us will get answers tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vashet wrote:
Hey Guys, it seems some results came out today from NYU. Does anyone know how many spots are left for the Fall Part Time program? Is it normal for so many people to be waiting at this point, considering there's only couple weeks left till Aug 1st?

Thank you, appreciate any help.

Not sure how many spots are left at this point, but there are seven total core groups for the fall semester. Five are Manhattan weeknights, and one each for Westchester weeknights and Manhattan weekends. Each group is around 60-70 people, so about 450 in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Operations
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
brainchild wrote:
rona0521 wrote:
Hi All -

Thanks.

You should let AdCom know as this will certainly have positive impact on your application. I would suggest you should attach the updated resume and work history to highlight your new role.

Hi BrainChilld- I emailed the adcom and attached an updated work history form. However I didn't feel like it was appropriate to attach my resume, since i haven't actually started the job yet. But they wrote back and asked me to update my resume to give the adcom a more full picture of the new resonsibilities. Any thoughts on what I should include in my resume? Obviously the position facts, but it would seem weird to write about projects that are part of the job description, but not anything I've actually worked on yet, right?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
Send PM
Hi Rona0521, you can list down top 3 key responsibilities in new role. You can refer the job description for same. If you have visibility of targets for next year then you can mention that as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
I got accepted. Good Luck to those still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ShanMBA wrote:
I got accepted. Good Luck to those still waiting!

Congratulations ShanMBA !!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Accepted into the Manhattan Weeknights program today around noon! Yes, they clearly announce the decisions on Wednesdays. Looking forward to September. Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I'm dying to get into NYU but my chances of getting in are one in a million ( super super low GMAT) but I'm hoping for a miracle. The GMAT has been so stressful for me and I don't really want to take it again( ( I've taken it 4 times). I haven't heard back yet, I'm assuming they send the rejection notices towards the end?I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a rejection letter yet. I hope I don't have to wait until the very end.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ajoy17 wrote:
I'm dying to get into NYU but my chances of getting in are one in a million ( super super low GMAT) but I'm hoping for a miracle. The GMAT has been so stressful for me and I don't really want to take it again( ( I've taken it 4 times). I haven't heard back yet, I'm assuming they send the rejection notices towards the end?I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a rejection letter yet. I hope I don't have to wait until the very end.

Many people are still waiting....don't give up...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11