Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink]
I graduated from NYU's college of arts and sciences with a 2.6 and recently scored a 650 on the GMAT. I also have 5 years work experience as a Financial Analyst. Is there anything, besides scoring better on the GMAT, that I can do to offset my low undergrad GPA?
Send PM
Hi JLD299,
Unfortunately there is not much you can do about your undergraduate GPA at this point. My advice to you is to make all other parts of your application as strong as possible. Meaning your GMAT score, your work experience, your letters of recommendation, etc... Are you looking to apply for the full-time or part-time program? This can make a big difference as well.

My final recommendation is to provide a personal statement addressing your lower undegraduate GPA. Sometimes we ask students for this, but it looks even better when the student supplies it right off the bat. Additionally, make yourself available to come in for a personal interview so that we can get to know you better (you can state this in the personal statement). Although if you are applying for the full-time program, an interview is required anyway.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly at: skolodiy@business.rutgers.edu

Stephan Kolodiy
Admissions Officer
Rutgers Business School – Newark and New Brunswick
1 Washington Park, 1st Floor, Room 124
Newark, NJ 07102

Of 502 AACSB-accredited MBA programs nationwide, Rutgers is
#1 Public MBA program in NYC region – US News & World Report, 2012
#3 MBA program in NYC region – US News & World Report, 2012
#3 MBA Supply Chain Program, nationwide – Gartner Supply Chain Leaders, 2011
#13 in awarding ≥ 10 degrees to Fortune-500 CEOs, US News & World Report, May 2012
#30 in employment outcomes – US News & World Report, 2012

*Top-4 among 600+ universities worldwide (2008, 2011, and 2012) – CFA Institute Research Challenge*
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I am currently a NJ resident attending an online business school (Jones International University) while working to help pay for it. I am currently earning a 4.0 GPA making Dean's List after the first semester. I am also currently studying for my GMAT, scoring 700+ on every practice exam I have taken so far.

My question is about the degree I am earning. I know that online programs are viewed as, well, less than impressive. Even having a 4.0 GPA, is this still frowned upon for admissions? Will it negatively affect my chances of being accepted?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Steve Hunter
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 496 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 510 Q36 V25
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Hey ,
I am Currently working in the IT industry and im looking forward to do my MBA- supply chain management in your prestigious university. I will be having 2+ years experience when i apply for fall 2014. However, i would like to know whether my work experience would be suffice to grab a spot because almost everyone applying have 5+ years of experience .
I have a strong academic background - Bachelors in Engineering with 4.0 GPA .
I am very worried about whether my work experience would let me down :cry:

Thanks
Ajay
Send PM
thinktank wrote:
Hey ,
I am Currently working in the IT industry and im looking forward to do my MBA- supply chain management in your prestigious university. I will be having 2+ years experience when i apply for fall 2014. However, i would like to know whether my work experience would be suffice to grab a spot because almost everyone applying have 5+ years of experience .
I have a strong academic background - Bachelors in Engineering with 4.0 GPA .
I am very worried about whether my work experience would let me down :cry:

Thanks
Ajay

Hi Ajay,
Thank you for your interest in Rutgers Business School. Our average years of full-time work experience in the traditional MBA program is 4.5 years. However, this is an average and we do have students who come into the program with 2 years of full-time work experience. 2 years is the absolute minimum. So if you have 2 years when you apply, it is ok. However, you would be a stronger candidate if you had 3-4 years of experience.

I hope that answers your questions. If not, please let me know.

-Stephan Kolodiy
Rutgers Business School
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
deleted

Originally posted by sinst10 on 11 Jan 2013, 08:32.
Last edited by sinst10 on 28 Jan 2013, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 422 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Hi Stephan,

I've completed my Rutgers application in January. However I received an email saying the application is incomplete due to education evaluation requirement.
Will my application be pending for review until I submit the education evaluation?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
@RutgersMBA

Hi Mr. Kolodiy

I am planning to apply for the full-time MBA program (Fall 2014). I have few queries, hope you can help me out.

(1) I currently run a Design service firm and I intend to get one of the recommendation letter from our client, is that fine with the school?

(2) Is there any specification on the type of font family & size that has to be used for essay, I use Arial Narrow (12 pt), double spaced.

(3) I was previously in US in business visa & later in work visa. My work visa has expired and I still hold my B1 visa. Will the above history of visa's will cause a problem when applying for F1 visa.

(4) Will there be any consideration with the final tuition fee amount. I have a GPA of 3.42 (according to World Education Services{WES}) and work experience of 10 years and I am yet to write my GMAT & TOEFL. My industry of experience are Information technology, Medical and construction.

(5) Do I need to get my transcripts evaluated by WES.

(6) Does the school provide any TA opportunities or any other financial assistance for international students. Is there any scholarships that targets (helping) the students from developing countries/Asia.

--
Thanks,

K.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Katz '17
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi Stephan,

I am Indian and interested in applying to the Rutgers MBA program for fall 2015. I have worked in International Business - Pharmaceuticals for last three years and that said, the Rutger's MBA in Pharmaceutical Management captures my interest.

My question is - Does Rutger's provide merit based scholarships/funding to International Students?

Thank you kindly,
Gauri
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, I am looking to apply to the Phd program in accounting. Does the program have a minimum GMAT requirement and what is a competitive GMAT score for the program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hi iam santosh patra from india

I have in total 9.5 years of work exp in manufacturing and SCM.
My gmat score is 690.
Am i eligible for this programe.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Scheller (S)
Send PM
Hi RBS,

I have been working as Network Engineer for more 5 years and want to pursue Part Time MBA from RBS.
Having Pure Engineering background, I am concerned about post MBA opportunities.

Is there anyone in the PT MBA class with similar profile as mine?

Regards,
Ronak
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply

This discussion has been closed due to inactivity. Please start a new topic in the Business School Applications Forum if you have a similar question or a comment.

Thank you,
GMAT Club Moderator Team.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts