Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 08-16-2012
WE:Corporate Finance (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Re: My GMAT Journal :: Exam Date - August 20, 2012 [#permalink]
Sounds like a serious plan :-D . I have the same timing and the same goal +720. I'll also focus the begining of my plan with Number properties & Sentence correction (MGMAT).

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
I got an identical target score and will be writing my GMAT around the same time. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello team,

Thank you for the encouragement and support. Since we're all looking at the same score and timeframe, let's keep each other accountable. Feel free to check in and post your progress. It's going to be a long summer but I'm definitely excited to give this a crack.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Seems like you haven't posted for a while, are you still studying towards the GMAT?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Caspar wrote:
Seems like you haven't posted for a while, are you still studying towards the GMAT?

Hey Caspar, thanks for checking in.

I made a huge mistake of overpiling myself this year. Needless to say, I'm going to have to put this off towards the end of the year. The biggest lesson I've learn throughout this experience is that you have to plan your life around the GMAT if you want to do well and not the other way around. After some thought, I'm going to push it around October since that's when I'll be done with a LOT of things. I will resume studying in about a month. Hope to receive everyone's encouragement again then.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: My GMAT Journal :: Exam Date - October 19, 2012 [#permalink]
back on it.... won't let it slip away from me this time around... also added 3 weeks to my study schedule just to factor in any screwups that may occur during the study schedule.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
I was in a similar situation like you. From Jan to June end, there was too much work to make any progress on GMAT. I hardly gave any tests during this period. My suggestion would be to study for 5-10 hours every week to keep things fresh.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
I was in a similar situation like you. From Jan to June end, there was too much work to make any progress on GMAT. I hardly gave any tests during this period. My suggestion would be to study for 5-10 hours every week to keep things fresh.

Thank you for the advice, AbhiJ.

Work picked up to about 55 hours. That isn't a huge amount but I'm also the President of an organization and right now we're going through heavy restructure and planning. I was also taking an extension course to create an "alternative transcript." Started with an A but slipped to a low B. I ultimately dropped the course since the GMAT is priority to me right now. I also let go of a lot of my other responsibilities as I cannot push the GMAT back any longer. With an Oct. 19th exam date, that will leave me less than a month to submit for RD. 1. I'm really looking forward to my new free time to focus completely on taking this GMAT heads on. Very excited for this fresh start. Thank you for your support.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Nice thread!!! I'm wondering if you guys could share me, in here or pm, your study plan until your test date. It would be appreciated because I'm on the same boat except that I took the gmat twice :(( and did not win a good score (latest 660: q48, V34). Target: improve +1 score for quant but will mainly focus on verbal to get +38 (need to improve +4 scores), overall +710.

I plan to take the gmat in late August. I'm dedicating this week for quant, reviewing all advanced chapters of MGMAT quant books and practicing sets of Jeff Sackman (great problems btw, I like gmatclub quant too but find Jeff Sackmann's more appropriate to real gmat problems) this week. Will work on verbal and practice tests from then until my exam.

Practice tests I will take: 5 gmatclub, 5 grockit, retake 6 MGMAT & GmatPrep. May buy Gmat question pack 1 (by GMAC) if I still have time to practice. Already did OG too many times and remember most of the answers :(

I would appreciate any advice or comment on the above strategy.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Here's my 14 week outline (I've left many "free" days in case I need it to catch up with something to review a concept).

Weeks 1-6: go through all 8 official study guides. I would read the chapter and answer the listed questions. After week 3 and 6, I'll take a CAT exam (verbal/quant sections only). Throughout this section, I want to review my answers as well. I may spend an entire weekend on just going through my results and reviewing any concepts necessary through practice problems.
Weeks 7-8: go through AWA and IR study guides that I've found on this website. 4 full-length CAT exams to start building stamina.
Weeks 9-12: narrowing down strengths and weaknesses by assessing my CAT scores. Review concepts. Utilize extra resources such as GMAT Club tests/online videos, etc.
Weeks 13-14: Practice, practice, practice. CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT!

Hope this helps.
GMAT Club Bot