Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
What a Great way to kick off the weekend then with a ding email...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
We already knew that was coming. For the past month at least. This is a just a formality.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
anantharamv wrote:
We already knew that was coming. For the past month at least. This is a just a formality.

I don't think we will get a decision by July 15th, even though they told me that through email.
I just spoke with them again because I found a new job in another city and I need to sign a one year lease on a condo. I got the feeling that they will drag this thing until orientation. :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh wow. At least you are moving to a new city. I'm already making plans to go to another school. It's going to be very tight (I don't even think it's possible) for an international to make it, if they decide a day before orientation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yup, July 15 has been passed. And the wait continues...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.31
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
The wait does indeed continue, but considering that we're now entering the final 15 days of July, for better or for worse (hopefully for the better!:)), the waiting is almost at an end!

You mentioned you are preparing for your other school anantharamv, does that program start at a late enough date so that you may amend your plans should you receive The Call from the Johnson AdCom?

Ever the optimist, I'm holding on to the hope of receiving positive feedback within the next few weeks and rooting for everyone on the gmatclub still on the WL! I'm also trying to remain practical though, so I'm preparing to take the GMAT again to strengthen my re-application efforts in the Fall.

anantharamv wrote:
Yup, July 15 has been passed. And the wait continues...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No it does not :( In fact, it starts slightly earlier (the orientation that is) than Johnson's... I waited till the 3rd week of June to see if there was a decision, after that I had no choice. The visa process in India (getting an appointment etc) is difficult, so I went ahead. If there is some positive news from Johnson, I'm not sure how this visa thing is going to work out :( Though my hopes aren't high, because I think the class is full this year with a unexpectedly high yield.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.31
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Well I'm glad you've got the international visa process started, I'm not too sure what the process is if you change schools in the middle of the visa application and will that have any impact? But perhaps that would be something to research while you wait and I figure it should not really delay or impact receiving the student visa whichever institution you ultimately decide to attend.

In all scenarios though, *Congrats* are in order since you will surely be attending a business school in the Fall for your MBA! Thats one step closer to achieving your dream and a much better position than quite a few of us hopefuls who only primarily applied to and are still on the waitlist of our dream school! :)

anantharamv wrote:
No it does not :( In fact, it starts slightly earlier (the orientation that is) than Johnson's... I waited till the 3rd week of June to see if there was a decision, after that I had no choice. The visa process in India (getting an appointment etc) is difficult, so I went ahead. If there is some positive news from Johnson, I'm not sure how this visa thing is going to work out :( Though my hopes aren't high, because I think the class is full this year with a unexpectedly high yield.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a re-applicant to Johnson (interviewed and dinged last year), so I really don't have another shot (3rd time applicant anyone?). Johnson is my dream school as well for more than two years now :) So this is the make or break year, which is why I'm going ahead with what's in hand, but hoping against all odds that Johnson calls me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anantharamv wrote:
I am a re-applicant to Johnson (interviewed and dinged last year), so I really don't have another shot (3rd time applicant anyone?). Johnson is my dream school as well for more than two years now :) So this is the make or break year, which is why I'm going ahead with what's in hand, but hoping against all odds that Johnson calls me.

I hear you, man. It's tough.
Anyway, it looks like it's over. According to our forum, there was only one person that got accepted after July 15th. :(

Anyone knows if they offer deferrals?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It is over, just waiting for the inevitable...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't think that person got accepted from the waitlist after the 15th. Pretty sure that person got an admit originally and is just updating his/her final status....

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Btw, do you know if anyone has actually been rejected off the wait list yet? Or is it still that the entire pool is waiting? I would have expected the pool to at least narrow down by now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've heard nothing and ive never heard of them offering deferred admissions to the next start class. In any case I've switched to the reapplicant mindset already. Last year it looks like they offered feedback to certain waitlisted applicants but that's not even happening this year so I think that says a lot about the application volume this year. Someone from admissions will be at the MBA Tour in my city this week and I plan to go.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks mbawannabe2015. Then please do ask that admissions representative what they have in mind :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Human Resources
GPA: 3.5
WE:Human Resources (Education)
Send PM
Hi,
I have decided to go for an MBA starting fall 2013 and have already started preparing for the GMAT, have wrote a couple of mocks and the minimum I scored was 740
If all goes well I expect to score around 750-760 in the GMAT
I have around 4 years of work experience in the human resource domain have worked in consulting as well as core HR roles such as learning and development, comp & benefit etc.
Now, Cornell MBA pretty much tops my priority list but then agin I am not sure whether to go for the traditional MBA or the MILR program
I am interested in an MBA with concentration on human resources and strategic management and aiming for a post MBA career in the same, more in the consulting domain of HR
Can you please let me know which one will benefit me in the long run or should I try for the MBA/MILR dual degree option
As an international applicant is it advisable to apply for the MILR program in case I would like to come back to my country of origin
What kind of scholarship options are available for international candidates for the MILR program

My Profile
B.A.LL.B ( Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws ) GPA 3.5
Work Ex almost 4 years ( will be 4+ at the time of applying )
Loads of ECs and Community Service

TIA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i got the ding email today. :x