Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:59 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 812 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT Date: 08-16-2012
GPA: 3.05
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [1]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: 620 : Shocked but not defeated [#permalink]
Hey Rajeev,

Sorry to hear about your problems on the D Day. If possible book the evening slot for your retry. I was forced to choose 5 PM slot for my exam because none was available at 9 AM and guess what, it was a blessing in disguise. I have never been nerveous about exams but night before GMAT I had real trouble sleeping for no apparent reasons. I think it is subconsious thing that happens sometime and it is hard to control. Your mock results suggest that you can get much better on real GMAT so just retake and good luck !
Retired Moderator
Send PM
@ uledssul Thanx for ur motivational words...yeah let's get the desired score..
@ AbhiJ .. Buddy, I've given more than 14 practice tests however only 6 or 7 of them were complete 4 hrs tasking and the rest were without the AWA and IR. I will surely incorporate this time. Also, I did used the error log and revised it regularly. Thanx for ur suggestions.
@ Kaps07...Man, ur a motivational pill. I read ur debrief and it says how amazing you are. I'll be giving the test next time during either afternoon hours or evening hours.
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Don't loose your patience... i have seen your contributions to GC.

You seem to have nailed it, but sometimes there are bad days... and it was one of those

all the best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 620 Q41 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q40 V38
GMAT 3: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 4: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Kudos
Rajeev,

Don't lost faith. You will make it! I agree 100% with OasisGC's comments. Clearly, your practice test scores show that you can do it. You just had a bad day. I also agree very much with Kaps07's comments. I would recommend booking your next appointment for the time of day that your mind tends to work at it's best. That may be late afternoon or evening. I think I will take this advise also for next time.

I do have a question for you. Actually, this question is to both help you and me. I noticed that in your practice tests scores you broke through the 700 barrier during the month of April. Then, from that point forward your scores stayed above 700. What changed during April that your scores improved so much? Was there something in particular that you were studying, or otherwise doing in April that this improvement is attributed to?

I am guessing Jeff's practice sets helped here, but I am not sure.

I wish I had your quantitative scores, they are excellant! But, I am working on it.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
@rsampson, thanx for ur encouraging words buddy. Regarding the jump in scores during the April month, I think the reason is that i completed all the concept books in march beginning and thereafter practiced a lot here. So that could be the reason. I would love to trade ur verbal score for my quant ...
Rick, The race is long but we have to finish it winningly...
@OasisGC...yeah buddy, there is no other option for me but to nail it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Rajeev,

It was the same case with me. 6 months preparation and my practice tests score were similar to the ones you had mentioned. I had booked for the evening slot.
I took the test before IR. June 1, 5 PM was the slot. It was my first attempt. I never thought of such a dismal one. It was just 540. I felt the same as what you had mentioned. I read the lines..again n again...but somehow lost. I am totally shattered and after that never touched my books still... Its so disheartening after solid preparation and used to seeing decent scores before the real exam.
I had taken a career break for this. I was pretty confident during the exam but till today I don't know what happened on that day. Definitely it was not even 50% of my usual performance. I dint take any medicines but still I felt the same things you had mentioned.

I know I should get back to my preparation but I would appreciate some proper guidance and advice from seniors.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V25
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
I dont want to eat into this thread, but I can sympathize with what Rajeev must be going through. Even I appeared for my test yesterday, and man ... it was kind of devastating. Worst that where I had started (Got a 610(QA-48 and VA-25). Probably it was just a little of over-confidence to kill it.

After all its not that easy as we take it to be.
But in last 24 hours, I have read much more posts here than I did in last 2 months of my prep. I know I had hurried thinking that if my friends can I
also can.

Good that I realized it with this mistake, that you need to commit yourself thoroughly to achieve a feat :)

I am all prepared to restart my preparation after a break. Only thing that worries me again and again is that if it can happen with someone like you who gave it 6 months, what if it happens again with me.

But then it should not a deterrent. Hopefully we both will kill it in our next shot.

Cheers !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Rajeev,
Guess it was that analgesic that brought you down
Trust that you will do better next time and here's wishing you all the best, and as Kaps07 says book an evening slot .
Your cat scores seems good, 730 on a MGMAT is a sign that you can expect +/-30 points atleast on the real one.

I took a look at your RC startegies.Which one did u use on the GMAT?
How was your accuracy intially with the method?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts