Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:08 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Value Considerations

https://www.london.edu/mba/programmes733.html

FT2005 ranks LBS #91 in Value for Money
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
LBS has an extremely efficient and streamlined application process. I have applied for the MSc. in Finance and from the time they received my application, it took only 1 week before they said I was shortlisted for an interview. Although it took 3 weeks before they could put me in contact with an alumnus(something beyond their control due to unavailability of many of them), I got an admit 2 days after my interview.

I believe that if you have been shortlisted for an interview from LBS, it is a very good sign that you will get an admission. Just make sure that you rehearse your letter of intent and be coherent in what you say. Also, it seems true that European B-schools, similar to Canadian schools, tend to automatically favor higher GMAT applicants so it would be wise to get the highest GMAT score possible for these schools (at least get their average GMAT). It is said though that INSEAD already rejected 800 applicants so just make sure you prepare well for the interview. Here is a good website on accepted.com on how to prepare for the interview:
https://www.accepted.com/mba/InterviewFeedback.aspx

Another thing for London is that there is a lot of paperwork to fill out before moving but I assume it might be similar with any other schools. They seem to require a lot in terms of personal financial information in order to open a bank account so be ready to provide it and prepare yourself 2-3 months in advance.

I will keep you up-to-date with further developments as to how school life is and what job opportunities are. Hjort, should I keep posting it here or make another post under the "share your b-school experience" forum?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Paul. I too have been shortlisted for LBS and my interview should happen within a few days. Are you going there? Let me know
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, I was admitted for the MSc. finance at LBS. You can read my profile here: https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16146
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
WOW. read ur profile. I took the GMAT once only, got a poor 620. While i was planning to take it again in mid May, I had already received three acceptances into the top Canadian MBAs, and an interview request in LBS and IESE!!! Yes, with a 620 GMAT score! Goes to show that GMAT is a small factor, I was able to put together a great story and thus this neutralized my average GMAT score. Some ppl take the GMAT way too seriously and in the process ignore the other parts of the application. Just ask yourself this, whats teh objective of the GMAT?

Anyhow, still have my interview with LBS, do you know how many ppl are short listed for the interview and how many are selected after that?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Paul,

I would continue posting here for information about the school itself (e.g. your impressions of the people, courses, facilities, program design etc.). For information on the application process per se, I think that the other forum would be better.

Hjort
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
Re: London Business School [#permalink]
great post
GMAT Club Bot
Re: London Business School [#permalink]