Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: MGMAT score higher than actual test [#permalink]
But i have heard that MGMAT CATS 5-6 are more close to the level in terms of diffculty that you may see on the actual one.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
The problem is that people get good at taking the MGMAT tests but the real GMAT is slightly different and the math isn't usually as convaluted as it is in MGMAT tests. The trick is to do as many actual gmat problems as you can and to then go over your errors to make sure that you don't make them any more. The difference between the GMAT and MGMAT exams is something like the difference between playing full court five on five basketball and playing 21 (I'm going to assume that you know what it is... if not you might want to google it). The skills are mostly transferable between both sports but if you train for 5 on five then your solo 21 game will probably be good but not as good as it could be if you had trained for 21 and used 5 on 5 full court as a means to focus on certain skills sometimes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Booth '15
Send PM
While people will (correctly) focus on the Quant, the verbal is also very different. MGMAT tests allow for significantly more errors than GMAT Prep/Actual Gmat while still giving you harder questions. I believe I got a V45 with around 12 wrong on MGMAT, and this will almost never happen on the real test.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
DJ2012 wrote:
While people will (correctly) focus on the Quant, the verbal is also very different. MGMAT tests allow for significantly more errors than GMAT Prep/Actual Gmat while still giving you harder questions. I believe I got a V45 with around 12 wrong on MGMAT, and this will almost never happen on the real test.

I guess you might be right. They are somewhat different. But I think that mgmat's verbal part is the most accurate at predicting your score. The mode of my verbal scores was 42 and that's exactly what I got on the real exam.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
The initial 3-4 tests of mgmat are harder compared to last ones because they have a limited set of 700 level questions and these questions are exhausted if someone has scored around 700 in first three tests. There is not much variation in the score obtained in gmatprep or mgmat tests( max +/- 30) however the drop in performance during the actual tests is because of test day anxiety, lack of sleep( if one has sleep issues) and exhaustion (lack of stamina ). The abstract issues are as important as the theoretical knowledge.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 596 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Send PM
i AGREE..!! that was what hapend wid me .. I used to get score more than GMAT Prep and on the t test day... my score was 100 point bellow than MGMAT TEST..and exactly same score as GMAT prep..!!..
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts