Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:53 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
 Q44  V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: MSc Accounting
Schools:Stockholm School of Economics
Send PM
Re: Stockholm School of Economics -2014 MSc Business & Economics [#permalink]
Kudos
alexgmd wrote:
Are there any members of GMATclub admitted to the Stockholm School of Economics – MSc Business & Economics?
I’m primarly interested in Student Profiles, since there is no information on the website about things such as average GPA or GMAT, age, and so on.

Hi,

In the accounting specialization we had an age range from 22 to 29, I believe with average around 24. The average GMAT for MSc accounting students admitted for Fall 2011 is 679 (confirmed by the faculty). Most student seem to me to have working experience already (at least part time), most of them lived or studied abroad at least for a short time. Half of us are internationals from all around the world with the majority being Germans, Russians, Italians,etc.

I hope that gives some sort of picture. The admission office should have the stats though. Have you tried emailing them?

juvi999
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Stockholm School of Economics -2014 MSc Business & Economics [#permalink]
Kudos
deleted

Originally posted by omnikey on 09 Jan 2012, 07:43.
Last edited by omnikey on 24 Apr 2015, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I was just offered a place by SSE in their MSc in Finance program. I intend to major in Investment Management. They selected me as an "outstanding candidate" eligible for early admission, and I immediately accepted. I was extremely surprised by this, because I thought my chances to get admitted were very slim.

My profile for comparison purposes:

GMAT: 710 (Q47, V41, 5.5 AWA)
IELTS: 8.5 (9's in listening and speaking, 8.5 in reading, and 8 in writing)
GPA: 4.2/5.0 BSc in Engineering, major in Logistics from a local unknown university.
Work experience: 48 months on a multi-product sales & trading desk at a TOP 10 investment bank in Russia. I worked as head of trading for the last 2 years managing a team of 4 traders.

Nationality: Estonia (EU). Russian-Jewish ethnicity.
Extra-curricular: The only thing worth mentioning is that I passed the CFA Level I exam last year and I am currently a Level II candidate.

The admissions office told me that the status on universityadmissions.se will change only in March after everyone receives their results.

Good luck to everyone else who applied to this program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Stockholm School of Economics -2014 MSc Business & Economics [#permalink]
deleted

Originally posted by omnikey on 12 Feb 2012, 12:29.
Last edited by omnikey on 24 Apr 2015, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
alexgmd wrote:

congrats! when did you get your offer?
and btw when did your documents arrive to Sweden?

Thanks!

I got my offer on 08.02.2012
My documents arrived on 10.01.2012.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I'm going to apply for the Msc in finance & accounting starting fall 2013 and I'm currently not studying at SSE. The admission office of SSE have confirmed that students enrolled at any of their bachelor programs will no longer be guaranteed a slot at one of the master programs. However, SSE will keep a number of slots reserved for their own students. Does anybody know the number of these reserved slots? I couldn't find any information regarding this on their website and I haven't been able to contact their admission office for various reasons so I thought I'd ask here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT Date: 01-07-2013
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
fnusse wrote:
I'm going to apply for the Msc in finance & accounting starting fall 2013 and I'm currently not studying at SSE. The admission office of SSE have confirmed that students enrolled at any of their bachelor programs will no longer be guaranteed a slot at one of the master programs. However, SSE will keep a number of slots reserved for their own students. Does anybody know the number of these reserved slots? I couldn't find any information regarding this on their website and I haven't been able to contact their admission office for various reasons so I thought I'd ask here.

I will also apply for next fall 2013. What is your profile?
I have relative low GPA, about 50% A+Bs
Two semester abroad at recognized universities. At one school with average grades and the other with straight A:s.
As I will apply directly after my bachelor, my work experience is limited.

I asses my chances of getting accepted as fairly slim. I will probably need to attain a GMAT result of 670-680 to be considered and 700+ to be safe.

Any information whether the removal of slots for sse students will affect the admission? Should at least lower the GMAT-average.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
70% a+b, GMAT: 680, 4.5AWA, 6IR. No relevant work experience.

According to the admission office at SSE, the the average GMAT for finance fall 2012 was 680. It's hard to say how much weight they put on grades. Your exchange studies will most certainly work in your favour.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fnusse wrote:
70% a+b, GMAT: 680, 4.5AWA, 6IR. No relevant work experience.

According to the admission office at SSE, the the average GMAT for finance fall 2012 was 680. It's hard to say how much weight they put on grades. Your exchange studies will most certainly work in your favour.

Do you have a gmat-average for MSc in Economics as well?

Aiming for Economics for fall 2013 but Im worried that my gmat score 660 is a bit low. Hopefully my 100% A+B will make up for it. Have had a part time job during uni but not really relevant for my education.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Giraffen wrote:
Do you have a gmat-average for MSc in Economics as well?

Aiming for Economics for fall 2013 but Im worried that my gmat score 660 is a bit low. Hopefully my 100% A+B will make up for it. Have had a part time job during uni but not really relevant for my education.

I don't I'm affraid. But admission@hhs.se will give it to you. I have read that the gmat average is lower for economics than for both Msc finance and Msc Management. I'd rather have your stats than my stats to be honest.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Could anyone tell me if it would be possible to get admitted without a bachelor in business administration at SSE?
I have a master in Product development (which has quite a lot of management and economics)

They write this as requirement:
"Bachelor degree with at least 90 ECTS in Business Administration (including up to 30 ECTS in Economics) with a minimum of 15 ECTS in Management."

I've had more than 15 ECTS in management and have a good basic in economics but it can't be considered a bachelor in business administration..

Any chance a good record and high GMAT (770) might convince them?

And yes I wrote them but I don't think I will get an answer any time soon

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rubca wrote:
Could anyone tell me if it would be possible to get admitted without a bachelor in business administration at SSE?
I have a master in Product development (which has quite a lot of management and economics)

They write this as requirement:
"Bachelor degree with at least 90 ECTS in Business Administration (including up to 30 ECTS in Economics) with a minimum of 15 ECTS in Management."

I've had more than 15 ECTS in management and have a good basic in economics but it can't be considered a bachelor in business administration..

Any chance a good record and high GMAT (770) might convince them?

And yes I wrote them but I don't think I will get an answer any time soon

Thanks in advance!

Which program are you looking at? SSE have MSc in General Management which is open for students with BSc from degrees other than business or economics. Might take a look at that one?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would be mainly interested in the MSc in international management since it allows you to follow the CEMS trajectory
But I can't seem to find a university with the CEMS program that takes on students without a degree in Business administration..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rubca wrote:
I would be mainly interested in the MSc in international management since it allows you to follow the CEMS trajectory
But I can't seem to find a university with the CEMS program that takes on students without a degree in Business administration..

Ah, unfortunately I don't think you meet the requirements without a degree in Business. The MSc in Finance & Accounting has the requirement is "90 ECST Social Sciences (including but not limited to Finance, Business Administration* and/or Economics)" so I would guess they would have requied that instead of "90 ECTS of Business" specifically.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Send PM
I have applied for Msc in Finance and Accounting specialization in Corporate Fianance or Inv. Management for the autumn semester 2013.
My profile is 23 m Greece
Gmat : 690 Q48 V35
Relevant work experience primarily part time, and also full time experience in family business.
GPA : i dont know how to convert it..here in Greece it is 7,3 / 10
IELTS : 7,5
Can anyone comment about my profile and my chances for admission in SSE?
I have also applied at RSM but i think SSE is my first choice!
Thanks in advance!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vagos89 wrote:
I have applied for Msc in Finance and Accounting specialization in Corporate Fianance or Inv. Management for the autumn semester 2013.
My profile is 23 m Greece
Gmat : 690 Q48 V35
Relevant work experience primarily part time, and also full time experience in family business.
GPA : i dont know how to convert it..here in Greece it is 7,3 / 10
IELTS : 7,5
Can anyone comment about my profile and my chances for admission in SSE?
I have also applied at RSM but i think SSE is my first choice!
Thanks in advance!!!

I think it's an interesting profile! Did you get an offer?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Send PM
yeap, i got an offer at SSE which I accepted!!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts