Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
1) Mobile phones are the new FMCG :) . By the time I join a school i shall have about 8 years of product dev exp with a top notch organisation that makes these devices. I think it gives a little competitive edge over the run of a mill software engineering services job.
:). True that. Definitely a good idea to go with the more specific "Mobile Phone" insdustry.

2) Since technology is not only a business enabler but also a thriving business in itself (Apple Inc. being the most valuable company in the world) and owing to my love for technology my primary motivation behind an MBA is carrier advancement and not a carrier switch, which pretty much reflects in my choice of schools. So basically I have a clear thought about my rational behind joining a B-school which is to understand the business part of the technology business.

For sure, and I totally agree with you that this is the best way for you to go. HOWEVER (you knew this was coming), this doesn't make your applicant pool any smaller!

3) I am firm believer of "A little less conversation, a little more action please", which shows in my extra curricular and personal activities like individual mentoring, teaching and few business initiatives.
That is definitely the way to go, in your essays as in life. More action. But the belief itself is not necessarily that unique in of itself... certainly a great idea though.

4) I have a really positive carrier growth graph in my current job despite the organisation struggling to stay afloat and going through multiple splits and merges. This facet of my profile can be enhanced by strong recommendation from my current/previous supervisors and colleagues.

This can be a very good one. Constant "overperformance" hopping from position to position, and showing overall rapid career advancement is definitely one of the best ways to drive the point home.

For the rational behind retaking a GMAT, an improved score may help in scoring a few scholarship. Though I completely agree to your point that in a competitive pool like mine, an additional 20 will not add much value. My score though 710, has a good balance of Quant Vs Verbal, a little low on AWA part can be compensated by a top notch essay.

True that! but you have to get in first. :) Actually, the debate about retaking the GMAT or not depends on one single thing: TIME. If it won't cut into your application time (like you'd be taking a holiday or something, then great!) If it will, and you want to apply this year, then well... maybe better off not...

Would really love to receive your expert inputs on my profile story line.
Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Girish

Go gettem Girish!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You my dear sir are the b-school admissions Jedi.
All charged up to tackle 'em.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
No doubt!
But we have to beware the Dark Side....
.... (insert dramatic film music here)...
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts