Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 418 [1]
Given Kudos: 282
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.75
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [1]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Re: Inconsistent performance in tests [#permalink]
Kudos
The general consensus is that Manhattan's tests can present more difficult questions than the GMATPrep does (particularly for math). So that could be a factor. With that said, a drop of 100 points is probably too big. Did you take both tests under realistic test conditions (all sections in one sitting, limited time breaks, etc.)? And, as bb asked, how was your day or schedule before and during the Manhattan test?

And given that you currently study 30 minutes to one hour per day, your expectations are unrealistic. You will either need to revise your target score downward or devote more time and effort to your studies.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Thanks for the replies.

Some info as sought: I am planning to give the test in 10-2 slot. So I am giving the test only during those timings. All the tests were given at home and under almost similar environment. Breaks are taken as instructed and the sections are taken at one go.

@BB: I gave the first test around 1.5 months ago. After that, I have been preparing mostly for SC, because my performance in other areas was fine as per my analysis. I gave the first MGMAT test within 2 weeks, I could not complete quant section (2 questions were left over) but I cannot really say, I took the test in professional environment. Study time was generally during office hours and/or after work. Material used was MGMAT SC, OG 13 and GMAT CLUB

I continued to concentrate on verbal SC and added CR too (MGMAT verbal CR showed that I needed some improvement). After that I have been preparing for .5-1 hour a day and gave the 2 test last week. This time one verbal question left unanswered.

I was elementarily aiming to get 40+ V score as I was "assuming" my capabilities in quant. MGMAT seem to have toppled that, but I am now confused. However, I have now re-strategised and added quant too to my daily preparation.

My results are as follow:

CAT 1: Q 34, V 38 IR 3.7 (I have been giving IR too, could that be a factor?) 2 qns in quant were unanswered.

CAT 2: Q 43, V34 IR 5.27 1 question in Verbal was unanswered.

I am really desperate to cross the 40 barrier for verbal. I am confident about quant in spite of not-so-great performances, because I know I am not practicing quant.

Please let me know your views on my approach, should I continue to concentrate particularly on Verbal until I get desired results? I have now added a 30 minute slot for Quant review and practice, though.
GMAT Club Bot