Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618707 [0]
Given Kudos: 81586
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
harshvinayak wrote:
I dont know how feasible it is to implement this but here are my two cents on the 'Question of the Day'. The 'preview' (listed at the right column, for example in the 'Latest in Blog' section) often reveals the correct answer in its text. My eyes wander and I frequently end up reading the correct answer choice before solving the question and it spoils all the fun :( . It would be awesome if something could be done to keep it hidden :-D

Thank you for the suggestion! Yes - absolutely can fix it.
Can you give me a link to a page or a screenshot where I can see this?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Can you give me a link to a page or a screenshot where I can see this?

Yep.. Here you go :-D
Attachments

File comment: sample
GC.jpg
GC.jpg [ 22.48 KiB | Viewed 2843 times ]

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you! We will figure out how to hide them. No idea why it shows them :-/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you! We will figure out how to hide them. No idea why it shows them :-/

:-D Thanks bb. Till then I will try not to let my eyes wander to that corner of the screen 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
Is there an errata page/thread for the GmatClub Ultimate Grammar Book? I tried to post this in a couple of other Ultimate Grammar Book threads but found them locked, so dont sue me, this isnt really what you would call a 'suggestion' :)

I found the last line on page 108 (example of nonrestrictive clauses) a little off. It should be who instead of whom. Wanted to clarify specially since the topic before this was dealing with who/whom/whose (Im having bad days after all ;) ). I think I found a couple of others too like this. Not that I am looking out for errors :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1111 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Kudos
First off, I would like to thank you all for the last improvements. I like them all.

You have a useful Timer in every topic. It saves a user's progress( correctly/incorrectly answered and a date of an answer)

I suggest in a topic to save info about time that took a user to answer a question. As a result, when a user is back to this question next time, he will see the following -Correct . time taken -03:00. Now when we are back to the same question, we see only the correctness of answering this question and the date last answered
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
LalaB wrote:
First off, I would like to thank you all for the last improvements. I like them all.

You have a useful Timer in every topic. It saves a user's progress( correctly/incorrectly answered and a date of an answer)

I suggest in a topic to save info about time that took a user to answer a question. As a result, when a user is back to this question next time, he will see the following -Correct . time taken -03:00. Now when we are back to the same question, we see only the correctness of answering this question and the date last answered

Thank you - we do want to improve our timer (have a few crazy ideas) and some simple ones such as ability to edit/delete answers in the workbook.

Will add.

Thank you!
BB.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
harshvinayak wrote:
Is there an errata page/thread for the GmatClub Ultimate Grammar Book? I tried to post this in a couple of other Ultimate Grammar Book threads but found them locked, so dont sue me, this isnt really what you would call a 'suggestion' :)

I found the last line on page 108 (example of nonrestrictive clauses) a little off. It should be who instead of whom. Wanted to clarify specially since the topic before this was dealing with who/whom/whose (Im having bad days after all ;) ). I think I found a couple of others too like this. Not that I am looking out for errors :P

I have checked with the residential grammar expert and technically "Whom" is the correct expression.

Thank you!
BB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.75
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi Mods,

Firstly let me congratulate you guys on maintaining such a resourceful and organized forum. Looking forward to be actively involved.

Secondly, I was wondering why Tapatalk was not working with this forum. The forum is getting searched but its not going to the next step. I searched and saw there were some 3-4 discussions on the same wherein, MODs were to check the feasibility of re-starting the Tapatalk with this forum. It would be very helpful if this forums works with Tapatalk.

Cheers,
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
dipen01 wrote:
Hi Mods,

Firstly let me congratulate you guys on maintaining such a resourceful and organized forum. Looking forward to be actively involved.

Secondly, I was wondering why Tapatalk was not working with this forum. The forum is getting searched but its not going to the next step. I searched and saw there were some 3-4 discussions on the same wherein, MODs were to check the feasibility of re-starting the Tapatalk with this forum. It would be very helpful if this forums works with Tapatalk.

Cheers,

Thank you!
We have tried adding tapatalk but it has had some issues with our customization and a conflict between the forum and tapatalk.
Let me ask the programmers again (i have a conf call on Friday).

BB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Thanks BB.

Much Appreciated.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
dipen01 wrote:
Thanks BB.

Much Appreciated.

The prelim news is that it is looking promising. Do you have any other forums that you use tapatalk with for reference? I want to try them out to see if they have similar bugs to what we have experienced or that's purely our issues.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
dipen01 wrote:
Thanks BB.

Much Appreciated.

The prelim news is that it is looking promising. Do you have any other forums that you use tapatalk with for reference? I want to try them out to see if they have similar bugs to what we have experienced or that's purely our issues.

Thanks!

Currently using Tapatalk with following forums and its working flawlessly. System wasn't allowing to POST URLs hence posted uncoded words

erodov forums
techenclave forums
broadbandforum dot in forums
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi bb,

I noticed that the calendar on the top of the screen includes customized deadline/result dates for the schools in my profile. Awesome!

Is there any way to incorporate the schools' dates with the rest of the calendar? Right now it goes Jan 1-31 of events and then Jan 1-31 of school results. It'd be great if these could be combined together in chronological order.

Also, thoughts on including schools events and admit weekends to the calendar? I know collecting that data would be a rather manual process, but given the number of posts on GC, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
aerien wrote:
Hi bb,

I noticed that the calendar on the top of the screen includes customized deadline/result dates for the schools in my profile. Awesome!

Is there any way to incorporate the schools' dates with the rest of the calendar? Right now it goes Jan 1-31 of events and then Jan 1-31 of school results. It'd be great if these could be combined together in chronological order.

Thank you - yes. That's a bug and we'll address it.

Quote:
Also, thoughts on including schools events and admit weekends to the calendar? I know collecting that data would be a rather manual process, but given the number of posts on GC, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Thanks!

Thank you! We will add some of those to the calendar and see how much effort/space it will take.

Anything else, please let me know!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thought of in part due to the "how do I stop getting emails" thread -- can we include a list of all the threads one is subscribed to in the profile section somewhere? That way, if you want to unsubscribe from 1 or more topics, you can do so all in one place instead of having to go to each individual topic and unsubscribe from each?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
aerien wrote:
Thought of in part due to the "how do I stop getting emails" thread -- can we include a list of all the threads one is subscribed to in the profile section somewhere? That way, if you want to unsubscribe from 1 or more topics, you can do so all in one place instead of having to go to each individual topic and unsubscribe from each?

Yes, that's a great suggestion!
And totally makes sense.... it also makes sense so that if I choose not to receive notifications, the forum would update my existing threads/preferences rather than just going forward. Probably the easiest change/modification. (this forum software was not built in this logical way...)

Let me ask - thank you as always!
BB.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  44