Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

Apologies for the long silence... I'm back and will apply myself to answer all of your questions since mid-June. If i have missed yours, please don't hesitate to poke me :-)
Kind regards,
Camille
Send PM
agentzap wrote:
Hi, Insead team
I have several questions regading filling the application form. can you please help with them?

1) Academic Degree - FINAL GRADE* (p.5). In my Institute we had 5 points scale (5 - Excellent, 4- good etc.) plus we had pass/not passed Subjects. How can I calculate my final grade?
2) PREVIOUS FULL-TIME POSITIONS: STARTING GROSS ANNUAL SALARY (p.7). To which position this field relates to?
3) Please list part-time work, internships and summer jobs starting with your most recent position (p. 7) - Is it required for a person with 9 years of full-time jobs?

Thanks!

Hi Agentzap,
You most certainly have found answers to your questions by now, but this might be helpful to the community so here it is:

1) Academic Degree - FINAL GRADE* (p.5). In my Institute we had 5 points scale (5 - Excellent, 4- good etc.) plus we had pass/not passed Subjects. How can I calculate my final grade?
--> calculate the average yourself (like 3.5) and put that in the form. You are required to upload a scan copy of your transcript anyway so the admission department can check. Don't worry, the GPA grade system is the most common but not the only one and we're use to see other grading system. Our admission officers are perfectly familiar with those other system too.

2) PREVIOUS FULL-TIME POSITIONS: STARTING GROSS ANNUAL SALARY (p.7). To which position this field relates to?
--> this field is mostly for people coming from consulting. If this doesn't really apply to your experience, fill in what you can, but again don't worry too much.

3) Please list part-time work, internships and summer jobs starting with your most recent position (p. 7) - Is it required for a person with 9 years of full-time jobs?
--> Indeed not really in your case

Cheers!!
Cami
Send PM
gaurshar wrote:
Hi

Would INSEAD consider someone who already holds an MBA degree from a top 10 B-school in India? Pre MBA work-ex of 2 yrs and post MBA work-ex of 4 years?

Thanks !

Sure! No problem at all.
Send PM
mybusiness wrote:
I hope you return Camille because boy do I have questions for you!

1.) Tell me about this Abu Dhabi campus. Can I please spend some time at it?

2.) How rare is it for special language classes to form at the France campus? I am particularly interested in Mandarin and Arabic.

3.) Do I understand correctly that I don't have to take a foreign language test until I am ready to enroll in INSEAD?

4.) How awesome would it be to go to INSEAD? I bet it would be the greatest!

Hi mybusiness,
Thank you for your post, it's nice to feel wanted like this :-). June has been an absolutely crazy month!

1.) Tell me about this Abu Dhabi campus. Can I please spend some time at it?
--> We will offer the opportunity to our students to spend some time on the Abu Dhabi campus very shortly (less than a year). I don't know the specifics yet.
2.) How rare is it for special language classes to form at the France campus? I am particularly interested in Mandarin and Arabic.
--> Mandarin and Arabic are not rare languages at INSEAD :P. We have a partnership with a local language school who offers on campus individual classes in 8 different languages including Mandarin and Arabic
3.) Do I understand correctly that I don't have to take a foreign language test until I am ready to enroll in INSEAD?
--> If English is your mother tongue, then you have until the interview decision to provide a certificate of your practical knowledge of your second language. You are required to provide a certificate of basic knowledge of your 3rd language before the end of your MBA.
4.) How awesome would it be to go to INSEAD? I bet it would be the greatest![/quote]
--> Indeed!! 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi INSEAD Team,

I have an essay-related question:
One of my essays goes over the word limit by 8%, but I really like the way it is. Would this be a big problem?

Thanks for your time!

Lydia.
Send PM
lydia792 wrote:
Hi INSEAD Team,

I have an essay-related question:
One of my essays goes over the word limit by 8%, but I really like the way it is. Would this be a big problem?

Thanks for your time!

Lydia.

Hi Lydia792,
It is acceptable to go over the word limit by more or less 10%. Let me reassure you, your text won't be cut off.
Cheers,
Camille
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
syog wrote:
I am planning to apply for INSEAD 2013 intake. I am a computer science graduate (Bachelor of engineering) from an unversity in India where all the courses were taught in only English language. I am wondering how can I prove that in my application?

The language policy is no where mentioned explicitly in my marksheets or degree certificate.

Hi Syog,
As an Indian applicant who studied in India, you are qualifying for the TOELF waiver. We are aware that, in India, all post-graduate studies are conducted in English. So no need to prove anything.

Cheers,
Camille
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
arunpanda22 wrote:
Hi INSEAD team,
As I see the questions have not been answered for a long time. the team must be busy in admissions season. however I would like to post some questions. If you have some time please clarify.

I have two queries regarding the application
1. "If you are currently not working, what are you doing and what do you plan to do until you
start the MBA programme if applicable? (250 words maximum)"
In this question if you are currently working and plan to continue till just before you join INSEAD how do you bring that out. shouldn't this be an optional essay??

2. My recommenders do not have official email id. Lots of government departments use their own intranet rather than using internet official ids. So will INSEAD accept public domain email ID in my case??

Hi Arunpanda,
1. This question is indeed optional, so if not applicable to you, you may skip it.
2. I believe that as long as the email address is valid, your recommender will not have any problem. If your recommender was to face any issues, i would suggest that he use his personal email address.

Good luck with the application process,
best,
Camille
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Hi Camille,

Thanks for you responses and participation. I have several questions.

1) I would like to know how INSEAD calculate work experience duration. Does internship during undergrad years count toward the overall work experience time? Or is it start after?. For example, the summer between my 1st and 2nd year of undergrad, I had an internship for 3 months. Again, between 2nd and 3rd, I had an internship with the same company. Then, I took a year off between my 3rd and 4th to intern with difference company in my industry. Then, I went back to school to finish my degree. That is a cumulative of 1.5 years. I graduated in 2010, and i have full-time job ever since. I am planning to apply for the Jan 2014 intake. By that time, I would have roughly 3 years of full-time working experience. Does the previous work experience before undergrad count ?

2) I am not a native english speaker, but i graduated from an U.S School. I read in the language policy document that the transcript need to state that the all courses are taught in English. Is this a given if my transcript is from a U.S school ?

3) Where could I find admission statistics that indicate number of people apply vs. number of people accepted ?

4) I am originally from Vietnam. Is there a Vietnamese student organization at INSEAD ? I tried to find the percentage of smaller asian country students beside the big three (India, China, Singapore), but it nowhere to be find.

Again, your response is appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Insead '13
Send PM
Hi INSEAD Team

I'm hoping to get an answer to the following questions below:
1) Is there a difference between Round 1 and Round 2 applications?
2) I intend to retake my GMAT to aim for a better score but I'm not sure how early should I take GMAT prior to the application deadline. For example, Round 2 deadline for Jul13 intake happens to be on 05 Dec 2012 - do I have to take it 20 days before this date (since GMAC mentioned on their website that it takes them 20 days to send the score to the school)?
3) My employer / direct supervisor doesn't look favourable on MBA (yes, unbelievable as that sounds) so requesting a reference off from him is almost as good as submitting my termination letter. Can I approach ex-supervisors (who had since left the company)?

Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Schools:ISB, IMD, INSEAD
 Q39  V25 GMAT 2: 670  Q44  V38
Send PM
Dear adcom,

I am a dentist by education and clinical researcher by profession. I have a total work experience of 5 years in both medical e-learning and clinical research, out of which 3 years is mangerial experience. I am planning to apply for the coming round 1. I have a gmat score of 670 with 66 percentile in quant and 84 percentile in verbal. However, Insead requires a 70 percentile in both sections. Can you kndly tell me what chance do i stand in getting admitted.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Ramya
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM