Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
Send PM
Re: Loan conditions for MBA students [#permalink]
mappleby wrote:
I'm guessing from your writing that you are a foreign applicant. If that is the case I understand it can be very difficult to get loans in the US. Simply being admitted will not be sufficient and you are better off trying to obtain financing in your home country.

If I'm mistaken and just mis-reading your English and you are a US citizen then you have a plethora of options. You should qualify for roughly $20,000 in Federal Loans, you can get additional loans at higher rates from the government, private banks or even Sallie Mae. Most graduate student loans will allow you to take out a loan up to a maximum of the Student Budget the school gives you. So theoretically you could take out a ~$90k loan to cover all your expenses. Each loan will vary on when you get the money and the method/terms of repayment.

With QE3 well underway, I presume it would be easier and cheaper for us to get loans? Invest in GLD and take out a bunch of loans in USD. It may not be that hard to pay back when you are done.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Loan conditions for MBA students [#permalink]