Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: LBS '14 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: LBS '14 (S)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Chem21 wrote:
Geography wrote:
coulibaly14 wrote:
Just received call from CT. Accepted from the R2 waitlist! I had weekly communication expressing my plans and reservations about being on the waitlist (I had started applying for program intakes Fall 2013). Also sent an email expressing excitement about the new Abu Dhabi MBA module (tip: follow INSEAD on twitter and keep up-to-date on what's happening there). Anyhow, #mindblown, it's been a crazy month and I can't wait to begin meeting others!

Congrats!

Can someone post the total number of acceptances? Also, does anyone know the total number of seats in the Jan cycle?

In 2011, there was a total of 1009 candidates (for both July and Dec).
In 2010, there were 988 candidates.
I don't have the stats for 2009.
In 2008, there were 915 candidates.
In 2007, there were 885 candidates.

So, with the trend of increasing numbers as the years go by, and if we assume the 2010-2011 increase of 2% will also follow for 2012 and 2013, then maybe we can expect the 2013 numbers to be about 1050.

The 13J class has 490 candidates, so the possible class size for 13D should be between 519 (without any increase in class size from 1009) to 560 (with 2% increase in 2012, 2013).
Classes starting in Jan will see more candidates since this is not in competition with the American B-schools which start in Sept.
And the last i heard, there were 477 registered on MBA Connect for 13D, which I presume to mean that this is the number of acceptances.

So that means there are between 42-83 places remaining for R3 and R1 and R2 waitlists.

Hope this helps! :-D

brilliant! Thanks bud :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Scholarship question for the North Americans out there.

I am trying to apply for the need-based pool of scholarships with the INSEAD SchlMgmt tool and when I click on 'apply', North America is the only region without access to the need-based scholarships. Did everyone else experience this? and if so, do you have any idea why? Are North Americans really not eligible for these scholarships? I don't consider myself particularly 'needy' however that's exactly why there is an application process with supporting documents. Lets allow the scholarship committee to determine exactly who is needy enough before excluding certain regions. Unless there is some financial or governmental reason for excluding our little region, then I would understand.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
I was reading the forum of 2012 and we should expect wailist moves by 14/Oct.

Can someone post an update of admitted? Brazilians as well?

How are the R3 interviews going?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GPA: 3.24
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi all... I haven't had my interviews yet... one of my interviewers has not yet come back to me on a date or time at all... and another one hasn't confirmed a time....though he has suggested a date.... I wanted to finish them off as soon as possible, but clearly it's not going to happen. I have informed my adm-coordinator about it though.
Just wanted to check with the rest of you- has anyone uploaded a third recommendation? If yes, then does it have to be in a certain format? INSEAD hasn't mentioned a lot about it in its website....and since i have got the time on my hands...i was just thinking if it would be a good idea.... any pointers?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.35
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hello All

Could somebody be so kind and post the current number of total students and Americans now that the deadline for round 2 has passed.

Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:LBS, INSEAD
Send PM
majdeegans wrote:
Hello All

Could somebody be so kind and post the current number of total students and Americans now that the deadline for round 2 has passed.

Thanks again!

Total: 497
American: 49
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Could someone please update the number of Indians admitted as well!

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
howardhughes wrote:
Could someone please update the number of Indians admitted as well!

Cheers

Indians - 70
(several have dual nationality)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any movements in R2 waitlists!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Helllo all,
I just completed both of my interviews. I traveled to another city in India for them. One was confirmed beforehand. The second one postponed many times, mostly without notice, but finally managed to give me some time because I was in the city for a short time and only for the interviews and did not have much of a choice.
Both the interviews were at coffee shops.
The first interview was very thorough. I was asked a lot of questions like, why MBA, why INSEAD, what are my strengths and weaknesses, what do I think about the economy and the way it's headed, how would I contribute to INSEAD, if in a group what role would I play. I have not applied to any other B-School and the person was surprised to hear that and I replied that if I dont get through I will focus on other applications and I mentioned a few other schools. The interview lasted for about 1.5 hrs and it was very friendly and conversational and I got a good feedback as well.
The second interview - well I am not sure how it went. It wasn't that long so I felt as if I could have said so much more ... The style was again very friend;y and conversational, but this time there were very less questions. He got two calls in between and he took both of them. Then he constantly urged me to apply to other schools, i don't know if he was trying to throw me off, but I replied that if this doesn't work out then I will surely explore other schools.
He did not ask me or probe into the why MBA/why INSEAD question too much either - just kind of touched the topic and moved on. He inquired about any challenges that I faced during my career and spoke about my international exposure and that was about it. He did wish me luck but did not give any feedback or any sort of clue as to how he thought it went and I did not dare to press him for one.
I have sent a thank you note to both of them.

Now all I can do is wait my fingers/toes/everything else crossed!
Good luck to all others who are waiting for decisions or interviews....
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
Hi

I applied for R3 on 8/12 and got pre-selected for the interview on 9/14. I set up the interviews on 9/22 and 10/1. The first one was at starbucks and went on for 1.5 hours and was very friendly. The second one was more formal and ended in less than 20mins. I could not make out anything from the second interview whereas I could say the first one was pretty positive. Now waiting for the final results! Anxious! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
Hi

I applied for R3 on 8/12 and got pre-selected for the interview on 9/14. I set up the interviews on 9/22 and 10/1. The first one was at starbucks and went on for 1.5 hours and was very friendly. The second one was more formal and ended in less than 20mins. I could not make out anything from the second interview whereas I could say the first one was pretty positive. Now waiting for the final results! Anxious! :)

I had a very similar experience, first guy really friendly and relaxed. Second one a bit sharper and formal. Fingers crossed now...

good luck guys!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Okay, both of you seem to have had a similar experience with the interviews.... I am also really anxious.... good luck to both of you ... :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So what do people think the chances are for R3 applicants with 497 admissions already!?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Tdotgirl27 wrote:
So what do people think the chances are for R3 applicants with 497 admissions already!?

Actually, one of the alumni told me that is not the correct number. He said the no. does not refelct those who declined the admission in the real time. I applied for R3 and decided not to care about the 497 admissions!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Human Resources (Retail)
Send PM
My first interview with the younger alumnus was a lot more detailed, didn't seem to go fantastically, I left with a bit of a ?
Hope it didn't go too bad though....
The second was with an older female alumnus, she was very nice, friendly and supportive, she asked very broad questions, no specifics - that seemed to go a lot better so hoping it swings the other one and keeping my fingers crossed.
Both of them focused alot on my previous experience and why I want to do an MBA, not too much on plans after or current affairs/economy as some of the other questions indicated...
Next week is THE week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also not too bothered about the 497 Admits and 70 Indians. I assume that if they went as far as to invest time in screening and interviewing for round 3 if they definitely plan to admit candidates.

Hope to stay updated on progress on the forum.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback guys - I am hoping that despite all the admits already, they really took special care in deciding who to invite for interviews in R3 (so as not to waste time at such a late round) and provided our interviews were not totally off the mark, we will be invited to join the class of 2013.

Fingers crossed. Cant believe in a week I will find out if my life is going to dramatically change in 2013 or not :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts