Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I have set up my interview to happen on-campus and they explicitly said to dress in business attire. It's probably fine to do business casual with an alum...especially if you're in California. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Had my interview on Thursday, went business professional, which is what I tend to do for all interviews regardless of the setting. Goodluck to everyone, I'm in for round 1.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, 1st year Kellogg student here. Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to help. Best of luck to all applicants!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
str1der wrote:
My recommender informed me, after submitting my recommendation, that he had to put everything in one page and upload it. No space to paste responses

Does that mean that all questions should be answered within a single page, or that one word document containing all answers is fine?

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
ankitkankane wrote:
Are the recommendation questions online?

a. Please comment on the candidate’s career performance and impact on the organization. Cite specific examples (e.g., ranking relative to others in the industry, progression within the organization, evidence of initiative and goal orientation).

b. Evaluate the candidate’s demonstrated leadership and potential (e.g., developing others, ability to influence others and advocate for his/her ideas, smart risks he/she has taken, ability to deal with ambiguity).

c. What are the three areas you perceive as the candidate’s weaknesses? Provide an example of how the candidate has dealt with constructive feedback and made efforts to address these weaknesses.

d. What observations do you have about the candidate’s interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with and support others (e.g., maturity, self-awareness, integrity, listening skills, sense of humor, respect for different viewpoints, resilience, sense of others)?

e. Please comment on the candidate’s intellectual and problem-solving abilities (e.g., analytical and quantitative skills, critical-thinking abilities, creativity, curiosity)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
I wanted to check if a 380 word essay is okay for the 500 word limit essay...

While most posts I read on gmatclub have people exceeding the limits, I always have a hard time reaching close to the maximum limit. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.71
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
I just got interviewed today (by an alumni, off-campus). The questions are pretty standard, nothing too surprising, and I think I did well. Only time will tell though. Good luck for you guys.

Originally posted by pascalchristian on 04 Oct 2012, 09:38.
Last edited by pascalchristian on 04 Oct 2012, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
xinga wrote:

While most posts I read on gmatclub have people exceeding the limits, I always have a hard time reaching close to the maximum limit. :)

IMHO wasting real estate on an essay would just show that you do not have enough items to showcase when compared to the other applicants ... but then again if the 380 words are going to blow the adcom away then there is no problem at all ... its a judgement call ... but technically you will be ok.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pyarapopat wrote:
xinga wrote:

IMHO wasting real estate on an essay would just show that you do not have enough items to showcase when compared to the other applicants ... but then again if the 380 words are going to blow the adcom away then there is no problem at all ... its a judgement call ... but technically you will be ok.

lol..thanks...will attempt to get as close as possible to the limit :)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Has anyone from the SF Bay Area received an off-campus interview invite yet?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
xinga wrote:

It's really hard to advise you without reading the essay, but if you feel you made your point and you've done the best you can to captivate the reader, then it's fine. But if you feel like more detail would help, you certainly have the room to add it and possibly illustrate your story better.

One thing you may want to consider is that the Admissions Officer will know that you are more than 100 words below the maximum because visually they know what 500 words looks like. If your essay is great, then this will probably work in your favor since the officer will be impressed that you told your story succinctly. If your essay is not that good, then the Admissions officer will wonder why you didn't use the extra space.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
xinga wrote:

It's really hard to advise you without reading the essay, but if you feel you made your point and you've done the best you can to captivate the reader, then it's fine. But if you feel like more detail would help, you certainly have the room to add it and possibly illustrate your story better.

One thing you may want to consider is that the Admissions Officer will know that you are more than 100 words below the maximum because visually they know what 500 words looks like. If your essay is great, then this will probably work in your favor since the officer will be impressed that you told your story succinctly. If your essay is not that good, then the Admissions officer will wonder why you didn't use the extra space.

Thanks for the inputs. I have told all that I probably could. If I need to stretch it close to the 500 word limit, I will have to elaborate more on the content that is already covered.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview yesterday (off-campus).

Really friendly, nice guy. Enjoyed the experience. After visiting Kellogg, speaking with several friends who are current students, and meeting this guy, definitely getting the sense that Kellogg's culture is truly distinctive. Seems like an amazing place!

Interview was fairly standard. Walked him thru my resume, spending time on my undergraduate school and on each job I've had ... discussed both why I chose to attend the school/accept the job, as well as highlights of my experience at each place. Same for community activities. Finally, discussed why I want an MBA and why Kellogg. Finished with questions I had for him.

I have yet to submit Part II of the Kellogg app, but essays are done, so will probably submit next week ... then it's just a waiting game!

Oh, I saw above that some people were wondering about dress code. I went full business attire (suit and tie) - can't go wrong that way, even though I'm sure some interviewers wouldn't care if you came in business casual. I personally chose to eliminate any risk and just go full business attire.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.59
WE:Accounting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
stompy wrote:

Yes I have in San Jose with an alum , I submitted part 1 on sept 16th and got notification for interview on the 25th
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
supax wrote:
stompy wrote:

Yes I have in San Jose with an alum , I submitted part 1 on sept 16th and got notification for interview on the 25th

I see - I requested one in SF haven't heard anything yet getting kind of worried.

Good luck with the interview let us know how it goes!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I submitted my app for an off-campurs interview on 9/18. I haven't heard anything so I'm worried since I've seen people get off campus interview invites already.

Anybody else submit around this time? Should I assume that they probably just haven't gotten to my app since it was close to the deadline?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
I submitted my app for an off-campurs interview on 9/18. I haven't heard anything so I'm worried since I've seen people get off campus interview invites already.

Anybody else submit around this time? Should I assume that they probably just haven't gotten to my app since it was close to the deadline?

They just haven't gotten to you yet. Sit tight. It could be an issue with finding an alum in your area who's trained to give interviews.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts