Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:30 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Submitted just now. Part of me feels empty, knowing there is nothing left I can do. The other part of me is telling me to do the rest of my schools apps now.

Good luck to all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Just submitted for round 1. Second application in and done. Best of luck to all!

-eventus
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Am in too. But one of my recommenders is still to submit :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Submitted - All the best everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Did anyone have problems getting the "Awards" section from the General Information area to show up fully in the PDF? I only used ~1100 of the 2000 available characters, but the last 3 lines of my response are cut off in the PDF. Suggestions?

Edit: Deleting returns worked well enough.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Best of luck to all the gmat clubbers.

Does anyone know when they will begin and stop releasing interview requests? I know the deadline just ended but just wanted to set an expectation.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
Congratulations to those candidates who applied in R1. While it is a relief to get the application in, the next few weeks will be stressful waiting to hear if you got an interview. Our advice is to assume that you will be awarded an interview -- so start practicing as soon as possible. If you are granted an interview, the interview is pretty much the make-break of the application; meaning you have to perform extremely well. If you have not invested in professional assistance on your applications, I would recommend that you do in this case.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:
stompy wrote:

Does anyone know when they will begin and stop releasing interview requests? I know the deadline just ended but just wanted to set an expectation.

I'm not sure when invites will officially go out but there is a chat scheduled for Oct 24 about interview tips/advice. Therefore, I'm guessing most if not all invites will be out by then.

Posted from my mobile device

I was on the last chat with the AdCom, and lot of ppl asked this question. The members from the AdCom said something like they will start sending invites around end of Oct, and will continue doing so till mid November. Also, the invites will not be sent in any particular order.

I find it difficult to understand why they can't really send them atleast in a certain order. Do they print out all the files, put them in a big box and jumble them up and distribute the files among themselves :shock:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
qtrip wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:
stompy wrote:

I'm not sure when invites will officially go out but there is a chat scheduled for Oct 24 about interview tips/advice. Therefore, I'm guessing most if not all invites will be out by then.

I was on the last chat with the AdCom, and lot of ppl asked this question. The members from the AdCom said something like they will start sending invites around end of Oct, and will continue doing so till mid November. Also, the invites will not be sent in any particular order.

I find it difficult to understand why they can't really send them atleast in a certain order. Do they print out all the files, put them in a big box and jumble them up and distribute the files among themselves :shock:

The only pattern that was obvious last year in R1 and R2 was that the first couple waves of interview invites went primarily to international applicants. Domestic applicant invitations started coming during the 3rd week of the window. By the end invites were coming for both domestic and international applicants. In R1 several people were invited on the release date. I would take these observations with a grain of salt as things change from year to year.
I would also say that which wave your invitation comes in DOES NOT MATTER. I was not in the first wave of domestic invitees and was still accepted w/ a fellowship last year. A friend of mine who is now a WG'14 was one of the last people invited and was also admitted w/ a fellowship. Please don't assume anything about your chances based on when your invite comes. Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if they put up transcripts of the chats for those who couldn't attend?

I couldn't find that. I too had joined the chat late and wanted the full transcript, but couldn't find a link to that anywhere.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [3]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
All those who submitted an app in Round 1 would have received an email from the admissions team at Wharton. Main highlights:

1. Your status reads Complete - All material received by admissions team and app forwarded to committee for review (My status is Complete)
2. Your status reads Received - They are still processing your application or still waiting for official/hard copies you were to submit (eg: GMAT Score).
3. Over 60% of all applicants submitted their R1 apps within 24 hours of the deadline. Hence, the team may take some time to review your materials
4. Interview invitations will start going out on Oct 23rd and will continue till Nov 9th. You need to complete your interview by Nov 30th
5. Interviews on campus will be held by Second Year students, off campus will be done by adcom members
6. Those who are not invited for an interview by 9th November, will be released from the process
7. Final admit decisions will come by 5 PM Eastern Time on 20th Dec

Also, the email smartly incorporates the element 'assuming you submitted all your material by the deadline' or something to that effect. Means, if your recommender submitted late, you may be in trouble.

Hope the above is helpful. All the best everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
str1der wrote:
All those who submitted an app in Round 1 would have received an email from the admissions team at Wharton. Main highlights:

1. Your status reads Complete - All material received by admissions team and app forwarded to committee for review (My status is Complete)
2. Your status reads Received - They are still processing your application or still waiting for official/hard copies you were to submit (eg: GMAT Score).
3. Over 60% of all applicants submitted their R1 apps within 24 hours of the deadline. Hence, the team may take some time to review your materials
4. Interview invitations will start going out on Oct 23rd and will continue till Nov 9th. You need to complete your interview by Nov 30th
5. Interviews on campus will be held by Second Year students, off campus will be done by adcom members
6. Those who are not invited for an interview by 9th November, will be released from the process
7. Final admit decisions will come by 5 PM Eastern Time on 20th Dec

Also, the email smartly incorporates the element 'assuming you submitted all your material by the deadline' or something to that effect. Means, if your recommender submitted late, you may be in trouble.

Hope the above is helpful. All the best everyone!

Yup... Got mine too... Post that I went and checked out in applyyourself... Status read: Complete Round 1

How I wish they are able to update the status with Complete: Round 1 with no typos and other auto ding stimuli..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
Still on 'submitted' here. Clicked the 'submit' button on 9/30, 2nd rec didn't go in until ~3PM yesterday. I assume that is making the difference.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
sid05 wrote:
Still on 'submitted' here. Clicked the 'submit' button on 9/30, 2nd rec didn't go in until ~3PM yesterday. I assume that is making the difference.

Dont fret over it.. I submitted mine ages ago on 9/26.... They have even said in the mail that it would take about a week for them to confirm that your app is complete...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
taksi wrote:

Dont fret over it.. I submitted mine ages ago on 9/26.... They have even said in the mail that it would take about a week for them to confirm that your app is complete...

Hard not to be anxious about any step of this process. :)

However, I'm now showing 'Complete.' So no worries there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
sid05 wrote:
taksi wrote:

Hard not to be anxious about any step of this process. :)

However, I'm now showing 'Complete.' So no worries there.

Funny. I'm complete, yet still worried... lol!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
Completed for R1. Keeping fingers crossed. :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  81