Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks machichi and vibhav. I was able to cut down a bit more so it is even less than 5% more now. Also my other essays are within limit so hopefully it would be fine overall :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

My recommender has submitted the recommendation, but he did not notice the 250 words limit per question. He has around 1900 words (total), according to him, in his recommendation.
I am sure he might have written a very strong recommendation, but worried if the extra words would effect my chances.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
sasankadc wrote:
Hi,

My recommender has submitted the recommendation, but he did not notice the 250 words limit per question. He has around 1900 words (total), according to him, in his recommendation.
I am sure he might have written a very strong recommendation, but worried if the extra words would effect my chances.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The recommendation is the recommender's prerogative and not yours. Even if you wrote the recommendation yourself (not saying you did, I'm just giving the extreme case example), the adcom sees it as something submitted solely by the recommender. Hence, if that person exceeds the word limits, it reflects poorly on them not you. Further, given this is something you cannot control (as you are not supposed to see your recommendation and hence wouldn't know if the word count has been exceeded), why would it affect your chances anyways?

Don't worry - and all the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
cvsmech wrote:
Just had an interview with the Alumnus today. It went great for the most part.

I got some feedback in the end, mostly positive. Interviewer said that I have a very good profile and is very impressive work experience and accomplishments. He said that if I don't get in it will only be because of lack of extra curricular activities. I don't have substantial amount of extra curricular activities other than mentoring students, small fundraiser and teaching. Although it is only his opinion, he still has some say in the decision making process I'd say.

Would like to know if someone has had similar experience?

How much information do the interviewers have? Do they essentially have access to all of part 1 of the application? Or is the interview blind, and your interviewer learned everything through the interview itself?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Management Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
cvsmech wrote:

I got some feedback in the end, mostly positive. Interviewer said that I have a very good profile and is very impressive work experience and accomplishments. He said that if I don't get in it will only be because of lack of extra curricular activities. I don't have substantial amount of extra curricular activities other than mentoring students, small fundraiser and teaching. Although it is only his opinion, he still has some say in the decision making process I'd say.

How much information do the interviewers have? Do they essentially have access to all of part 1 of the application? Or is the interview blind, and your interviewer learned everything through the interview itself?

Blind interview, they only have your resume that you need to send to them (nothing else from Part 1). In my interview, the interviewer had not reviewed the resume prior to our meeting, not sure if this is by design or if they were just too busy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
cvsmech wrote:

The interview is always blind ... the interviewers just have access to your CV
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
str1der wrote:
sasankadc wrote:
Hi,

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The recommendation is the recommender's prerogative and not yours. Even if you wrote the recommendation yourself (not saying you did, I'm just giving the extreme case example), the adcom sees it as something submitted solely by the recommender. Hence, if that person exceeds the word limits, it reflects poorly on them not you. Further, given this is something you cannot control (as you are not supposed to see your recommendation and hence wouldn't know if the word count has been exceeded), why would it affect your chances anyways?

Don't worry - and all the best!

Thanks.. that cooled my nerves a bit... :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
quick question for the people online..

did you submit your gmat score report for kellogg.

it says If you have access to your GMAT test score, please upload your score report. Uploading an electronic copy of your official test scores is not a required element of the application, but may help expedite the processing of your application.

My report has the other schools I sent it to - do I want them seeing that???? Will they see it anyway when GMAC sends them the official report???

Thoughts...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:

it says If you have access to your GMAT test score, please upload your score report. Uploading an electronic copy of your official test scores is not a required element of the application, but may help expedite the processing of your application.

My report has the other schools I sent it to - do I want them seeing that???? Will they see it anyway when GMAC sends them the official report???

Thoughts...

Upload only the first page of your score report. You can extract the first page using Adobe Acrobat. I dont think schools you send your official report to can see the other schools you are submitting your scores to. And even if they did, it doesnt matter - every school knows you are applying elsewhere as well. Whether you applied to a HBS, Cornell, Tuck etc. along with Kellogg won't affect your chances in any way.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Thoughts...

I uploaded just the first page, which has the scores. I would doubt that GMAC would send the list of the schools to every school we choose to report our scores to. The official report would be different than the unofficial report we get from GMAC. My two cents.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Just submitted my part II. It took me like 3 weeks after my interview to actually complete my essays, wow.... Glad it's in now, though.

Good luck to everyone here!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I had interview with alumnus in hong kong, and it was pretty casual and conversational.
He asked me what I would do in next 5 years after MBA, community activity, greatest achievements, any difficult situation i dealt with at work, which is pretty generic questions you can easily expect: there is no curve ball type questions at all.

He was willing to share his MBA life at Kellogg, and the more I listen, the stronger my desire for the school.

Now I am done with everything I can do for admission with interview and part 1 and 2 which I already submitted.

And just waiting part is left until mid-Dec. phew.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Now that the deadline is just hours away, does anyone know if Kellogg has a grace period for recommenders? One of mine still hasn't submitted (despite multiple reminders :) ), and I'm hoping I won't be pushed to R2 if worst comes to worst.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Part 2 submitted. Phew! Good luck to all applicants!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
kcw984 wrote:
Now that the deadline is just hours away, does anyone know if Kellogg has a grace period for recommenders? One of mine still hasn't submitted (despite multiple reminders :) ), and I'm hoping I won't be pushed to R2 if worst comes to worst.

I don't know about Kellogg specifically, but I know Admissions Directors at other schools have told us in info sessions that they generally give a grace period of about a week
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know how to schedule On-Campus interview?
I just submitted Part I & II yesterday. It says waiting for 2 business days after submitting to call Adcom.
Do I get a Email from Kellogg Adcom saying "please call us"?
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Good to hear that the interviews have gone well so far. I'm planning to apply in R2.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts