Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
taksi wrote:
It is times like these when I turn to advice of one of the greatest moral philosophers of our time: Carrie Bradshaw. In her words "As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.”

Haha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
taksi wrote:
It is times like these when I turn to advice of one of the greatest moral philosophers of our time: Carrie Bradshaw. In her words "As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.”

I seriously thought Carrie Bradshaw was some philosopher I hadn't heard of before I looked her up on Google!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
niksworth wrote:
taksi wrote:

I seriously thought Carrie Bradshaw was some philosopher I hadn't heard of before I looked her up on Google!

Same here:)))
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Congrats to those of you who got the invite... Has anyone from Europe in Consulting (MBB) gotten one?

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: HBS '15 (D)
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Really, I don't think they sent invitations according to clusters... It would be unfair against specific industry/regions clusters right? At least because they would give to those less time to find an interview slot in hub cities...

Rather, I would focus on Dee's statement "No secret patterns as to which go out on the 17th vs. the 24th". Last years she used to mention specific splits or distributions of invitations, this year she didn't. I like to take this as a sign of a 50/50 distribution...

And by the way guys, the number of invitations that go out on a specific day DOES NOT INFLUENCE your odds of being interviewed. Your profile has strengths or weaknesses with no regard to the invitation bucket you belong to. The probability stuff can be applied to the applicant group as a whole, not to individuals. So, my suggestion is enjoy life!!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.53
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Rather,
MedicMBAFanatic wrote:
I would focus on Dee's statement "No secret patterns as to which go out on the 17th vs. the 24th". Last years she used to mention specific splits or distributions of invitations, this year she didn't. I like to take this as a sign of a 50/50 distribution...

I had the same feeling the first time I looked at her message and didnt find an email...

We will see what happens, otherwise there are plenty of other good schools!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
zaneflj wrote:
niksworth wrote:
taksi wrote:

Same here:)))

My HAHA comment, highlighting the part with Carrie Bradshaw as a philosopher, could have been a starting point indicating something was amiss :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MedicMBAFanatic wrote:
Really, I don't think they sent invitations according to clusters... It would be unfair against specific industry/regions clusters right? At least because they would give to those less time to find an interview slot in hub cities...

Rather, I would focus on Dee's statement "No secret patterns as to which go out on the 17th vs. the 24th". Last years she used to mention specific splits or distributions of invitations, this year she didn't. I like to take this as a sign of a 50/50 distribution...

And by the way guys, the number of invitations that go out on a specific day DOES NOT INFLUENCE your odds of being interviewed. Your profile has strengths or weaknesses with no regard to the invitation bucket you belong to. The probability stuff can be applied to the applicant group as a whole, not to individuals. So, my suggestion is enjoy life!!!

That's a rather wise piece of advice... I think I am gonna go do that :-D At this point, there is only so much we can do about the whole process...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
So we know the percentage for R1 last year was 85% - 10% - 5%.

But how about R2??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
[EDIT - Best of luck everyone!]

Originally posted by OptimisticApplicant on 18 Oct 2012, 06:56.
Last edited by OptimisticApplicant on 23 Oct 2012, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Definitely true, the chances went down. But if we want to pursue careers of impact and leadership, then we`re going to have much tougher moments than waiting for schools to send us interview requests. In the future, our problems might involve investors pulling out money, board members trying to kick us out, sales declining rapidly in our most established markets, having to decide in what product to invest in when the focus groups and surveys provide no clear answer and the budget deadline is approaching.

If what we wrote about our future in our application essays is true, then we will face a lot more uncertainty and bigger decisions than this in the future. We better get used to it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
They did not post stats about R2 last year, from what I can tell by reading the Director's blog.

Also - from a previous post, I just want to say that Dee only posted R1 stats in R2 last year. She did not prep round 1 people for the amount of invitations that were going to go out - only after the fact.

I totally understand the reasons to continue with on with life and that statistics don't mean anything, but we all handle things differently. I wish I could wait patiently until next Wednesday, but since I can't, I analyze things. I'm an analyst, it's in my blood. And it keeps me busy while I wait. That doesn't mean I'm not jealous of those of you who can wait patiently :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: HBS '15 (D)
Send PM
Kudos
Well on Oct. 24 2011, Dee said "We're going to send out invitations on the next 3 Wednesdays - October 26, November 2 and November 9. NOT on any day in between. Many will go out on October 26, some will go out on November 2 and 9".

As you can see, she set upfront the distribution. This year, she did exactly the opposite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
You're right. Good catch, I was looking at the hard numbers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Europe IB - got an invite yesterday. Good luck to all those waiting.

Can somebody please clarify who conducts interviews? The official communication says a "member of the Admissions Board" but I've heard first hand about senior (CEO level) alumni helping and the Unofficial HBS Interview Guide says so too.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
What happened to the comment about 480 interview spots for Boston, with only 3 available? Or am I imaging things? :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
Jorbal wrote:
What happened to the comment about 480 interview spots for Boston, with only 3 available? Or am I imaging things? :shock:

I saw that too. Maybe he was worried about getting in trouble somehow? But for those of you that missed it, someone posted that he was invited to interview and when he logged in today, there were 480 interview slots in Boston alone, and all but 3 were full - lending to the conclusion that the majority of invites did go out yesterday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts