Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q158 V164
GPA: 3.84
WE:Underwriter (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
madammepsychosis wrote:
Aeneid wrote:

Haha I imagined some really bad replies to that essay as well. Actually, I am not writing the "what would you do with 3 free hours" essay, but my answer to the "pick a Wharton club/co-curricular" question has a very personal tone and highlights one of my passions, so it kind of serves the same purpose.

My #2 essay was about going home, playing some video games until like 8 oclock, making dinner and watching some tv (If I was going to be real with them).. I decided to go with Essays #1 and #3.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Well, R1 is about to get interesting this upcoming week. Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Interested in learning how the group interviews go. This isn't taking the place of the one on one interviews, and or is it? Still on the fence about Wharton.. To those who have visited campus, how safe is the school and living areas?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:
theK wrote:
sid05 wrote:
This is what was listed:

The off-campus interviews will be held in Dubai, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, New Delhi, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo.

Thanks, sid05. That corresponds to what Adam Markus has on his blog:

For the international applicants that have been invited to an interview, can anybody share with me the dates for the sessions in Singapore? Much appreciated.

Invites won't go out until Oct 23 to Nov 9. Hang tight until then.

Hey- could you share where u got the info? Does it mean I can expect invite from the admin ANYTIME between the two dates and need to sign up for the slots immediately? Thats horrible...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
skydiverwahoos wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:

Hey- could you share where u got the info? Does it mean I can expect invite from the admin ANYTIME between the two dates and need to sign up for the slots immediately? Thats horrible...

This info is from the email from Wharton (with the subject "Wharton Round One Information"). Yes, invites can come in ANY TIME between these 2 dates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
c00guy wrote:
skydiverwahoos wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:

This info is from the email from Wharton (with the subject "Wharton Round One Information"). Yes, invites can come in ANY TIME between these 2 dates.

Thanks a lot. we'll see. bless all of us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
One more day before invites go out...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
Pashya wrote:
I feel like this slightly throws me out of my comfort zone. I mean, I was mentally prepared for one-on-one interviews with my colleges. Now we're going to be scrapping for footage time in a room full of ultra smart people. I think its going to be interesting but excruciatingly nerve wracking.

Alright, this is loser talk. You my friend are a member of GMATClub. You scored highly on your GMAT. You are applying yousrelf to one of the top busines schools in the world. From this I can tell you are a bright driven individual. If you are getting an interview at Wharton, you will be one of those ultra smart people in that room. You are clearly on par with the best of the best. If you cant muster up the self confidence and courage to get in there and make a few points during the discussion, then you don't deserve Wharton. Its not about scrapping for time, I am very reserved in these situations, but I will go in with a game plan. I know I wont dominate the conversation, but I will try to get a few key points in and build off others in the room.

Come on, we got this.

Haha. You're right. I completely take every point you made in there. Got to believe in one's self. However, that email from them did throw me off a bit. One step a time though - let's hope to land that interview call!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
mourinhogmat1 wrote:

Anyone know how invites go out tomorrow? Do they just send out a mass group of interview invites to numerous people at the same time tomorrow and then trickle the remaining invites out through November 9th? Do they send out any direct rejections tomorrow?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Judging by last years Calling all Applicants thread, its going to be one mass time period of everyone posted I got an interview. Thats the next step in this process, and can shatter my dreams or make me happy.

Best of luck to all tomorrow!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
mourinhogmat1 wrote:

Anyone know how invites go out tomorrow? Do they just send out a mass group of interview invites to numerous people at the same time tomorrow and then trickle the remaining invites out through November 9th? Do they send out any direct rejections tomorrow?

Thanks.

I think they're doing it Ed McMahon style. Someone will show up at your front door with a HUGE envelope containing an invitation. I just hope they don't go overboard with TV cameras and balloons.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [4]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
mourinhogmat1 wrote:

Thanks.

No rejections will be sent out until the mid decision day (Nov. 9 I assume). Last year interview invites went out in increments roughly once per week. There wasn't one mass emailing for 80% of invitees. From what I saw it seemed like a pretty steady # of invites in each wave. I can't tell you the frequency of the waves or at what time of day the emails are sent. I can tell you that the invites on a particular day are all sent out at the same time (i.e. if people report interview invites around 2:00 p.m. then there won't be more at 3:00 or 4:00). It is possible to be invited on the very last day.

Try to stay calm during the interview window. Don't try to look for patterns or meaning in who gets invited when. When you submitted your app has no bearing on when you will receive an invite. The first letter of your last name will not determine when you are invited. Geography may be a factor in invite timing (last year the international applicants seemed to get their invites first). International applicants, do not panic if you aren't invited in the first wave. Even if hub location slots are full you can still be invited. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
mourinhogmat1 wrote:

Thanks.

No rejections will be sent out until the mid decision day (Nov. 9 I assume). Last year interview invites went out in increments roughly once per week. There wasn't one mass emailing for 80% of invitees. From what I saw it seemed like a pretty steady # of invites in each wave. I can't tell you the frequency of the waves or at what time of day the emails are sent. I can tell you that the invites on a particular day are all sent out at the same time (i.e. if people report interview invites around 2:00 p.m. then there won't be more at 3:00 or 4:00). It is possible to be invited on the very last day.

Try to stay calm during the interview window. Don't try to look for patterns or meaning in who gets invited when. When you submitted your app has no bearing on when you will receive an invite. The first letter of your last name will not determine when you are invited. Geography may be a factor in invite timing (last year the international applicants seemed to get their invites first). International applicants, do not panic if you aren't invited in the first wave. Even if hub location slots are full you can still be invited. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Good luck!

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
If you're feeling anxious, feel free to join and chat throughout the decision process!

https://gmatclub.com/chat/

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:

This is extremely useful information :!: Thank you very much!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Ne1 heard anything yet?
Manager