Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: The ordeals of an oil man!!! [#permalink]
IR score was indeed surprising. I guess the difficult questions are all experimental, at least for the time being.

I am looking for a date around mid-November. I am randomly practicing quant questions at the moment. Not sure if this is going to work :(

There were a couple of tricky DS questions- tricky in the sense that it was tempting to choose the wrong one. But that is what DS is, after all!!

In PS,the questions didn't trouble me at all. I think 2 questions on exponents were the only ones which merit more than 2 mins. But, to my big surprise, i could score only 46.

When are you taking gmat?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Have u taken leave for GMAT? how many quant practice questions u do in a day and what is the source?
I also practice/review around 10 quant questions per day after office and i know studying exclusively for quant will have a negative effect on verbal but i just
cant seem to get time to manage both of them.
I am planning for a november end date(hopefully).Gave gmatprep2 last week and scored just 680(Q48,V35) so quant and verbal both need improvement.

Thanks,
Shreeraj
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
GmatClub Quant CATs (14 of them) and Jeff Sackman's challenge sets are , in my opinion, the most useful resources available to push your Quant scores to the 49-50 level. Make sure that you review each test thoroughly. Your verbal score is already at a decent level, so I do not see major hiccups there. Keep practicing verbal questions and focus on these tests. One month is good enough to boost your scores.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks viking. I have heard a lot about jeff's books and will surely try them. In gmat prep tests i am scoring 49 in quant, while in mgmat i am hovering around 45-46. But i want to hit 50 in quant as i think i have reached a saturation level in verbal. I am now consistently scoring 40 in verbal and it doesn't seem like improving any further.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ shreeraj, yes. You have to work on both quant and verbal. In verbal, try to do gmatprep collection which is there in gmatclub.
I am also facing issues with managing work and study. Anyway we have to get around it somehow. The key is to practice at least few questions everyday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Great job man! You can definitely improve on that Quant and verbal score!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Argon wrote:
IR score was indeed surprising. I guess the difficult questions are all experimental, at least for the time being.

I am looking for a date around mid-November. I am randomly practicing quant questions at the moment. Not sure if this is going to work :(

There were a couple of tricky DS questions- tricky in the sense that it was tempting to choose the wrong one. But that is what DS is, after all!!

In PS,the questions didn't trouble me at all. I think 2 questions on exponents were the only ones which merit more than 2 mins. But, to my big surprise, i could score only 46.

When are you taking gmat?

GMAT quant is indeed tricky. I score 49 in my first attempt 2 years back but I had scored Q51 on all of my gprep and even on MGMAT quant I scored Q51 Q50.... :-D but 49 on real gmat. It hurted my ego and I even called gmat customer care to check whether something went wrong. But now 2 years have passed and I m again giving my gmat , keeping aside the quant ego and respecting the tricky questions of gmat.

MGMAT advance quant book is quite helpful. So you must give it a try along with the gprep question pack 1 of mba.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks gurpreet and hedgefund. I am giving my best this time :) It is now a race between me and work, GMAT and essays.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts