Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: HBS '15 (D)
GPA: 3.98
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi all.
When you log in the Booth Application systems, does it say anywhere "Application under review" or "Application received for Round 1" etc.? In my personal page I see a list of material with a green tick symbol, a couple of items (GMAT and TOEFL) still awaiting and the "Payment received" confirmation.
But no message confirms that my application has been correctly received within Round 1 and is currently under review.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
MedicMBAFanatic wrote:
Hi all.
When you log in the Booth Application systems, does it say anywhere "Application under review" or "Application received for Round 1" etc.? In my personal page I see a list of material with a green tick symbol, a couple of items (GMAT and TOEFL) still awaiting and the "Payment received" confirmation.
But no message confirms that my application has been correctly received within Round 1 and is currently under review.

I don't see that either. I'm not worried about it. They say they don't match the official GMAT and TOEFL scores to the correct applications until later, so it sounds to me like your application is complete and is under review assuming you got the other items on the checklist in by the R1 deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Less than ~2 days to go... people think all invites will be email versus all dings online?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
KillerApp wrote:
Less than ~2 days to go... people think all invites will be email versus all dings online?

I think it should be the same format, operationally it would be a pain to differentiate. Does anyone know how it happened last year?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
astrochris wrote:
KillerApp wrote:

I think it should be the same format, operationally it would be a pain to differentiate. Does anyone know how it happened last year?

Last year emails were sent either way. The subject line read, "Your Chicago Booth Application Status." Interview invites were in the body of the email with a link back to the app status page which has a status update link with directions for setting up an interview. If you are not being invited to interview I don't know if that is communicated in the email or if you're directed to the app status page to find out your fate. A lot of people didn't wait for emails. They just checked for status updates ad nauseum. I don't believe Booth waitlists people without an interview, so it will either be an invite or denial. HTH.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
If we are to get invited, do you think it makes a difference whether we interview on campus or off? I already visited campus and sat in on a class. Obviously, interviewing with an alum in my city would be easier, but I would go to Chicago if it would be better for my application...
Thoughts?

Originally posted by top10mbacandidate on 29 Oct 2012, 08:00.
Last edited by top10mbacandidate on 18 Dec 2012, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
astrochris wrote:
KillerApp wrote:

Last year emails were sent either way. The subject line read, "Your Chicago Booth Application Status." Interview invites were in the body of the email with a link back to the app status page which has a status update link with directions for setting up an interview. If you are not being invited to interview I don't know if that is communicated in the email or if you're directed to the app status page to find out your fate. A lot of people didn't wait for emails. They just checked for status updates ad nauseum. I don't believe Booth waitlists people without an interview, so it will either be an invite or denial. HTH.

Thanks! Is there a specific time at which they will release all the decisions? (a.k.a. time we should start refreshing the updates)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
If we are to get invited, do you think it makes a difference whether we interview on campus or off? I'm within 6 hours of Chicago driving, but already visited campus and sat in on a class. Obviously, interviewing with an alum in my city would be easier, but I would go to Chicago if it would be better for my application...
Thoughts?

Interviewing on campus or off campus doesn't make a bit of difference, especially if you've already visited. Last year I visited in November and interviewed off campus with an alum in February.

There isn't any trick to this. Since both options are available both give you an equal shot at admission (or rejection). Booth does recommend interviewing on campus if you have yet to visit, but that's so you can do the campus visit program in conjunction with the interview. Visiting the school is for your benefit, not Booth's. If you already visited then there's no need to make an additional trip here unless you just can't get enough of the free beer and appetizers at LPF.

astrochris wrote:
Thanks! Is there a specific time at which they will release all the decisions? (a.k.a. time we should start refreshing the updates)

Didn't Booth send a communication stating that interview decisions would be released on 10/31 @ 9 a.m. CST? That's when I assume the emails will go out. I am sure people will start checking their statuses before then to see if they can find something out prior to the email release.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
Didn't Booth send a communication stating that interview decisions would be released on 10/31 @ 9 a.m. CST? That's when I assume the emails will go out. I am sure people will start checking their statuses before then to see if they can find something out prior to the email release.

You are correct. It is 9AM CST per the Booth Insider Blog post.

Thanks for the info about interviewing, it's always nice to hear from an insider.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi there

Anyone else still sees the "Awaiting" status on the application checklist for the GMAT and TOEFL reports?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Yes, my GMAT still has the "Awaiting" status
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HeFe wrote:
Yes, my GMAT has still the "Awaiting" status

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
HeFe wrote:

Mine changed to a green tick about a week after deadline

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager
Send PM
abou wrote:
HeFe wrote:

Same here, all Green ticks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Are we supposed to send actual GMAT score reports to Booth?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
astrochris wrote:
abou wrote:
HeFe wrote:

Same here, all Green ticks.

I wonder whether I should give them a call... Even tough it says on the website that they would contact us if something is missing, it's not comfortable to have the red marks with less than 24 hours before they publish the decisions! I'm sure I have sent the reports to the right school, tough
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dwinters wrote:
Are we supposed to send actual GMAT score reports to Booth?

Have it sent by GMAC, online
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts