Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Just to report, me too on the queue
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS, INSEAD
Send PM
Yesterday I had my Cranfield interview. It was one of the best interviews , rather discussion as mentioned by interviewer. I get to know Cranfield better and I would like to share here. Cranfield is mainly meant for senior guys who have around 5-7 years of experience and this is obvious from their class profile. Also average age of their class is around 31. To me , Cranfield is a friendly , experienced , mature and prestigious management institute. Their method of teaching and curriculum is a bit different as well.

Overall interview was quite good. Around 20 min were spent on presentation and related discussion. After that we discussed about WHY MBA , WHY Cranfield. Also there were questions related to work experiences , leadership abilities and personality.

Do contact me if you need to know anything else about Cranfield.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Fraz wrote:
Yesterday I had my Cranfield interview. It was one of the best interviews , rather discussion as mentioned by interviewer. I get to know Cranfield better and I would like to share here. Cranfield is mainly meant for senior guys who have around 5-7 years of experience and this is obvious from their class profile. Also average age of their class is around 31. To me , Cranfield is a friendly , experienced , mature and prestigious management institute. Their method of teaching and curriculum is a bit different as well.

Overall interview was quite good. Around 20 min were spent on presentation and related discussion. After that we discussed about WHY MBA , WHY Cranfield. Also there were questions related to work experiences , leadership abilities and personality.

Do contact me if you need to know anything else about Cranfield.

I completely agree with you.

One interesting thing came up during my discussion (I mean interviews) was why Cranfield is not called Cranfield Business School, rather called as Cranfield School of Management (very unique indeed!!)?. Lot of insights came up and I am very much convinced that it is meant for matured managers!! I got a reassuring conviction that they truly understand the big spectrum of management.

I read somewhere "Cranfield makes manager a better manager" and that humble and practical statement perfectly resonate with me as I have huge doubt about other school's tall claim of turning a 2 years grad into a business leader!!

Fraz, let us know your outcome and we will be glad to see you in Sep 2013
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Why so quite during this peak time of admission?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just to update that there is a closed facebook group for Cranfield admitted students
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 2.9
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Guys !

After being a silent spectator for ages, thought I should post something on this forum.

Today I had an interview call with Mr. David Simmons. It was a more than one hour discussion. Very insightful and never knew when the one hour went by. The only tricky part was the presentation, but then even before entering the program, Cranfield succeeded in providing challenging and thought provoking assignment. I am really interested in Cranfield due to its high acceptance of more than 10+ years of work experience candidates.

Hope to get in...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Send PM
Hello guys,

I am looking forward to give my interview on coming 18th may at Cranfield SOM. I attended their preview day in march & was impressed enough to put in my application. Though I have applied to couple of other universities in UK, I am really looking forward towards cranfield. Hope I will make it.

Any guidance regarding interview prep will be welcomed.

Regards,

Rohan.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just be yourself.

You must appear as logical and your statements/stand should appear convincing supported by reasoning.

You will enjoy the interviews, like many of us did. I know the interviews was the tipping point for many of us to select only Cranfield, nothing else.

Cheers and best of luck. See you on 30th Sep.

rohanchaudhari wrote:
Hello guys,

I am looking forward to give my interview on coming 18th may at Cranfield SOM. I attended their preview day in march & was impressed enough to put in my application. Though I have applied to couple of other universities in UK, I am really looking forward towards cranfield. Hope I will make it.

Any guidance regarding interview prep will be welcomed.

Regards,

Rohan.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Send PM
Hello Guys,

I can confirm now that I have been admitted to Full time MBA 2013.

Looking forward to see you all on 30th Sept.

If anyone want to talk more on & about Cranfield, drop me a message here & I will reply right away. I am currently in UK & been to Cranfield campus 3 times now. so if anyone has questions regarding campus, I will try n give answer with best of my knowledge.

Regards.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So finally how many are getting in?

Looking at the actions in various UK school threads, does not look a very promising year. Whether you like or not, such little enthusiasm in UK school will affect quality of students getting admitted!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I just got the email with the offer to Cranfield MBA and think to accept it as Cranfield was my first choice.

Hope to see you all soon,
Nik
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NKovalev wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just got the email with the offer to Cranfield MBA and think to accept it as Cranfield was my first choice.

Nik

Congrats!

Welcome to the group. Speak to Helen and join the facebook group soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NKovalev wrote:
Hello everyone,

Nik

Hey! Congrats! :-D

I will have a telephone interview soon with Cranfield SOM (MSc Strategic Marketing 2013) and do you guys have any advice please? It is my first choice as well. I have more than 3 years marketing relevant working experience but I have not learned much marketing theory. What types of cases will they give?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey I'm so glad to be offered a place in MSc Strategic Marketing, looking forward to going there in Sept 2013 hahaha

So thrilled
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello
how long does it take for the university to send an offer after an interview call?
Can anyone fail the interview call?

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply

This discussion has been closed due to inactivity. Please start a new topic in the Business School Applications Forum if you have a similar question or a comment.

Thank you,
GMAT Club Moderator Team.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts