Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
theK wrote:
Does anyone know whether the Kellogg Admissions office tend to offer acceptance or ding you very close to each round's final notification date, or may call you as soon they've completed their assessment even though it's weeks before the final notification date?

The results will be out only on the notification date.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hey future Kelloggers - I wanted to let you know We've created a 1Y thread here: northwestern-kellogg-1-year-2013-calling-all-applicants-141110.html

No activity yet - but I'm sure there must be some of you out there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Kudos
FYI, just had my on-campus interview yesterday, here are some tidbits:

Adcom member did the interview with a 2nd year student who was "training" to start doing interviews. I am applying for the JD-MBA program but all the questions seemed like the typical MBA program questions as it is all handled through Kellogg.

1. Walk me through your education choices, why did you choose the university you did? Why did you choose the major you did?
2. What did you learn in your specific major, what business skills can you attribute to your undergrad experience?
3. Why did you choose your first employer? What did you learn there? Why did you leave? (Basically asked this same question for all three employers I had on my resume)
4. Why an MBA? Why now? What do you hope to learn?
5. What are your goals post-MBA? Would you be able to reach those goals without an MBA?
6. What do you do in your spare time?

That was about it...overall it seemed okay, but no feedback of course so you can't tell if they like what you're saying or not.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
pyarapopat wrote:
theK wrote:
Does anyone know whether the Kellogg Admissions office tend to offer acceptance or ding you very close to each round's final notification date, or may call you as soon they've completed their assessment even though it's weeks before the final notification date?

The results will be out only on the notification date.

Last year notifications started going out one week prior to the final decision day. Both admits and denials were sent during this time. Admits are usually called, but they will also email you if they cannot reach you. WL and denials are communicated through a status update on line which you will be notified about via email (or just manically refreshing your application status).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Got my off-campus interview invite! Applying from Brazil.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2015
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Quick question: I was given an interviewer on 10/8. I immediately e-mailed and have had a somewhat disjointed back and forth. He cancelled a few times and now hasn't responded in a couple days. My 3 week interview period is up on Monday and I haven't been able to get him to commit to a day. Should I contact the admissions office now or wait? I don't want to get the interviewer in trouble as we still have a few days before the period is up. I also don't want to put myself at a disadvantage. It's a weird, sticky little situation. Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Nevermind, got an email to come over within the hour for an interview. Sans haircut, shave and suit. Whatever, gotta be in it to win it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
astrochris wrote:
Got my off-campus interview invite! Applying from Brazil.

Congrats buddy.. I am in the same boat.. Haven't heard about my interview though..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Send PM
I received my interview notice on 3 Oct & I just did my interview yesterday (23 Oct - just within deadline). I'm located in Singapore, so it was off-campus with an alumni.
She was really nice & it was very casual at a Starbucks. No difficult questions, everything was as other people have reported. Lots of emphasis on leadership & teamwork. I also felt she was particularly curious about my weakness/failures and my personal interests, maybe to get a rounded view.

All that's left for me now is waiting for the decision!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
tinkered wrote:
I received my interview notice on 3 Oct & I just did my interview yesterday (23 Oct - just within deadline). I'm located in Singapore, so it was off-campus with an alumni.
She was really nice & it was very casual at a Starbucks. No difficult questions, everything was as other people have reported. Lots of emphasis on leadership & teamwork. I also felt she was particularly curious about my weakness/failures and my personal interests, maybe to get a rounded view.

All that's left for me now is waiting for the decision!

I received an off-campus interview assignment on 10/23, asked for a good time and am waiting to hear back from the alumni. When you meet in coffee shops for interviews do you still wear business professional? Seems weird but then again I wouldn't leave anything to chance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I got my off-campus interview invite today. Applied on 16th morning itself (Part1 + Part 2) and had selected option to be interviewed at off-campus. I was actually expecting a waiver since I had applied so late. Do you guys think its better to be interviewed than getting waived?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Send PM
lfa, I came to the interview from work, so I just wore my usual office/work clothes (long-sleeve shirt & slacks - we don't wear suits or jackets here due to the tropical weather!) But I think it's best to remain formal regardless of the venue
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
manu1981 wrote:
I got my off-campus interview invite today. Applied on 16th morning itself (Part1 + Part 2) and had selected option to be interviewed at off-campus. I was actually expecting a waiver since I had applied so late. Do you guys think its better to be interviewed than getting waived?

Manu - are you in india? Whats ur background like? Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Applied the night before the Part I deadline. Got my interview invite (in D.C.) w/ an alumn on 10/23.

Problem is I'm traveling for work through 10/31 and then leaving again for Japan for work from 11/2 to 11/11 - deadline to get interview done is 11/13.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Applied the night before the Part I deadline. Got my interview invite (in D.C.) w/ an alumn on 10/23.

Problem is I'm traveling for work through 10/31 and then leaving again for Japan for work from 11/2 to 11/11 - deadline to get interview done is 11/13.

really hoping this goes well - back to back dings wed and today :cry: feeling pretty beatdown
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
str1dr, i am from India but have been living in Canada for past 8 yrs. have got 5 yrs of operational exp and 1 yr in strategy in O&G
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
manu1981 wrote:
str1dr, i am from India but have been living in Canada for past 8 yrs. have got 5 yrs of operational exp and 1 yr in strategy in O&G

Thanks - I think all the Indians on this forum (including me :)) got a scare. All the best with your interview man. Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Just had my off-campus interview with an alumnus today. He was very friendly, and assured me at the start that there is no trick to this. He then said that the interview is just a part of the application, and its purpose is for Kellogg to get to know the applicant a bit better. The standard questions were asked:
Why MBA? Why Kellogg? How would you like to get involved at Kellogg?

Neither the 'biggest accomplishment' nor 'significant challenge' question was asked explicitly, but instead he asked me to tell him more about a particular experience that resulted in me winning an internal award at my firm.

We finished the interview in 30 minutes. I then asked a few questions, and at the end he advised me not to read too much into the timing of the notification since the Kellogg Admissions Office may notify applicants who've been interviewed any time between the interview and the notification due date.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts