Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
what i could see from clearadmit blog that wharton has not released all interview dates.
Only certain interview times have been released to date, as part of an effort by Wharton to hold time slots for candidates not invited to interview until later in the invitation period. Additional interview times will be released in time, though the Admissions team members did not share specifics regarding when.

so ideally we should wait till Nov 9.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
mooseman2142 wrote:
I was invited yesterday but cannot seem to actually register for an interview. when I log in and click "My Events" under the "Events" section, it tells me I have no events. Using the search also yields no events.

Am I alone with this problem?

Don't search for interviews. After you log in, go to the "My Events/Interviews" link at the right side (it's under your name). Once you click on that, you'll find your "Group Invitation" and you can sign up via that link.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
str1der wrote:
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
Thanks strider!

You wrote "maximum one week before" - is it true? Why should they make it a last minute thing?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

They shouldn't that's why I am saying MAXIMUM one week. If I had written minimum 1 week, then that would have meant they can send you an invite even upto the interview date. We are talking of a reverse deadline so the meaning of the word Maximum as implied is different.

hence, if the Wharton interviews in Mumbai are Nov 6-8, I am saying that the invite will come Maximum by Oct 30-Nov 1. Else it won't.

And this is my view and hence a theory. If they did in fact invite me to interview in Mumbai on the 5th of November, I would be pissed. Because a) taking leave on a working day at short a notice is impossible, b) the airfare will be ridiculous that close to the date I have to fly on, c) no time to prepare for the interview.

Completely agree.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
str1der wrote:
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
Thanks strider!

You wrote "maximum one week before" - is it true? Why should they make it a last minute thing?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

They shouldn't that's why I am saying MAXIMUM one week. If I had written minimum 1 week, then that would have meant they can send you an invite even upto the interview date. We are talking of a reverse deadline so the meaning of the word Maximum as implied is different.

hence, if the Wharton interviews in Mumbai are Nov 6-8, I am saying that the invite will come Maximum by Oct 30-Nov 1. Else it won't.

And this is my view and hence a theory. If they did in fact invite me to interview in Mumbai on the 5th of November, I would be pissed. Because a) taking leave on a working day at short a notice is impossible, b) the airfare will be ridiculous that close to the date I have to fly on, c) no time to prepare for the interview.

But aren't you assuming there will be no more future slots in Mumbai after Nov 8? What if Wharton has held them back for future candidates?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
mourinhogmat1 wrote:
str1der wrote:
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
Thanks strider!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

But aren't you assuming there will be no more future slots in Mumbai after Nov 8? What if Wharton has held them back for future candidates?

Well for one thing they are in delhi on the 9th :) also, adcom members travel with a very specific travel schedule. They will def not stay back for more interviews, especially as that will mean inviting tleast 4-5 more ppl and hence a new time slot as this year the team discussion is also there. Also, they have past data to use to predict number of ppl they want to invite, which is how they plan travel schedule.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
str1der wrote:
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
Thanks strider!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Thanks for the clarification.
Let's just hope we'll all get invited soon :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
str1der wrote:
Well for one thing they are in delhi on the 9th :) also, adcom members travel with a very specific travel schedule. They will def not stay back for more interviews, especially as that will mean inviting tleast 4-5 more ppl and hence a new time slot as this year the team discussion is also there. Also, they have past data to use to predict number of ppl they want to invite, which is how they plan travel schedule.

So, what does the adcom do for second/third round do they come back to these cities? or there is some other arrangement. There is also a possibility of a set of adcom members covering separate regions.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
mourinhogmat1 wrote:
str1der wrote:

So, what does the adcom do for second/third round do they come back to these cities? or there is some other arrangement. There is also a possibility of a set of adcom members covering separate regions.

I assume they'll visit the international cities again in R2 and R3, as long as they have enough interviewees per location to have enough group interviews. Like str1der, I don't think adcom members will travel to the same international location twice (or more) in one round of interviews.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone try to contact admission office to find out that whether all the invites have been sent for round 1 candidates in India. This is becoming extremely difficult as i don't even know whether they have read my application or not but anyways we don't have a choice here. Wish i could know the status.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
rash wrote:
Did anyone try to contact admission office to find out that whether all the invites have been sent for round 1 candidates in India. This is becoming extremely difficult as i don't even know whether they have read my application or not but anyways we don't have a choice here. Wish i could know the status.

I understand how it feels. We've to wait for a few more days buddy.
Happy for those who got invited. Hope most of us get invites too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
has anyone else from India got the interview call in the last couple of days?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nashster wrote:
rash wrote:

Thanks for your kind words but i am not very hopeful now as the interviews are on 6-8 in Mumbai and on 9th in Delhi.
May be i belong to the toughest pool Male/Indian/IT :-( Though my score is pretty decent (740).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nashster wrote:
rash wrote:

It would be great if you could let me know that what is your application status . Does it show as submitted or anything else.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Real Estate (Venture Capital)
Send PM
rash wrote:
nashster wrote:
rash wrote:

Thanks for your kind words but i am not very hopeful now as the interviews are on 6-8 in Mumbai and on 9th in Delhi.
May be i belong to the toughest pool Male/Indian/IT :-( Though my score is pretty decent (740).

Chill out dude, I just scheduled my interview and there were no slots available at any time after thanksgiving; while according to them interviews will run until Nov 30th.

This is due to the fact that each discussion needs at least 5 people in order to happen. No point in opening up the entire interview pool if you have only invited 20% of the candidates, since they would have almost no slots with the required 5 people.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any idea about the timings of the invite mails.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
rash wrote:

Don't know what day they go out - but historically if there is a round of invitations they go out at around 2PST.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dwinters wrote:
rash wrote:

Don't know what day they go out - but historically if there is a round of invitations they go out at around 2PST.

Not sure if there is a particular slot at which interviews go out. Someone reported on BTG that they got the mail at 5:17 EST.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts