Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Anyone else here who has not yet been able to schedule an interview? I registered for an off-campus interview yesterday and got a mail saying that their system was not able to patch me up with an interviewer. I was asked to write to admissionsinterviews@chicagobooth.edu and I did. But I haven't heard from them since. Should i follow up or give it some time?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
nullvoid325 wrote:
dwinters wrote:
nullvoid325 wrote:
So unfortunately, I received a ding letter from Booth yesterday. After coming to the terms with it, today, I received an email "Chicago Booth Interview Information" from them, stating that I am matched with an interviewer in my city, along with other interview details. (And no emails after that). So I, of course, called the Admissions office, and they said, "We're very sorry, that was a clerical error." How brutal is that?

You shoulda asked for your money back haha...

It's been a roller-coaster ride. But it's final. I'm indeed invited to interview. So thrilled!

Wow - that`s crazy. Congratulations though!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
integraldx wrote:
Anyone else here who has not yet been able to schedule an interview? I registered for an off-campus interview yesterday and got a mail saying that their system was not able to patch me up with an interviewer. I was asked to write to admissionsinterviews@chicagobooth.edu and I did. But I haven't heard from them since. Should i follow up or give it some time?

The same thing happened to me - I wrote directly to Anna (her email is in the email you got) and she replied matching me with an interviewer. Then a few hours later I got the email with the name and contact info of my interviewer.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
nullvoid325 wrote:
dwinters wrote:
nullvoid325 wrote:
So unfortunately, I received a ding letter from Booth yesterday. After coming to the terms with it, today, I received an email "Chicago Booth Interview Information" from them, stating that I am matched with an interviewer in my city, along with other interview details. (And no emails after that). So I, of course, called the Admissions office, and they said, "We're very sorry, that was a clerical error." How brutal is that?

You shoulda asked for your money back haha...

It's been a roller-coaster ride. But it's final. I'm indeed invited to interview. So thrilled!

That's so ridiculous! Congratulations though! Thank goodness this wasn't the other way around!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
integraldx wrote:

That happened to me too, I'm still wating for an answer from admissionsinterviews@chicagobooth.edu
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.32
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Thanks astrochris and Hefe. I think I'll write to her because the adcom is probably visiting my city on 6th for the executive MBA info session. So maybe i can squeeze in an interview there.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
realdezlee wrote:
Hi guys,
I was denied now in R1 without interview when I was interviewed and waitlisted last year in R3 (7 months ago). Does this seem strange only for me? Is anyone in the same situation? Thank you for your comments.

Sorry to say, but no it doesn't seem strange. Last year I remember several reapplicants who had been waitlisted the prior year and were denied without interview in R1. Each application year is different and you can't assume that this year will simply be a continuation of last year. The applicant pool is different. Plus, when you're WL through the summer it's very difficult to show improvement in your profile between the WL and next year's R1. Unfortunately being WL in one year isn't a guarantee that you're on deck for the next one. I'm sorry I don't have a concrete explanation for you, but just know that you aren't the only person who has been in this situation.

I sincerely wish you the best for your remaining applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
HeFe wrote:
integraldx wrote:

That happened to me too, I'm still wating for an answer from admissionsinterviews@chicagobooth.edu

Same here.. Wrote to them early this morning... I wouldnt follow up until Monday.. Obviously the poor Lady is flooded...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.77
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
AT what point do you find out who will be conducting your interview? My interview is scheduled but it makes no mention as to whether it will be with an alumni or a member of the admissions committee. Has anyone received this information yet?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Round1ThisFall wrote:
AT what point do you find out who will be conducting your interview? My interview is scheduled but it makes no mention as to whether it will be with an alumni or a member of the admissions committee. Has anyone received this information yet?

Is your interview on campus? If so, it will be with a 2nd year student.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MDF wrote:
Round1ThisFall wrote:

No it will be in London.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
Round1ThisFall wrote:
MDF wrote:
Round1ThisFall wrote:

No it will be in London.

Then you should be interviewing with an alum. For off campus alum interviews they provide you with the person's name and contact info and you schedule the date and time with him/her, not Booth. Are you sure you have a scheduled date and time?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Ran into an issue with my scheduling. I selected On-Campus interview and then my browser crashed - it now shows me as having completed the interview scheduling step in my app status page and I can't progress past that - I think the system recognizes me as having scheduled even though I never even got to the page where you pick a date and time.

Anybody else have this issue.

I called admissions and left a VM for the coordinator, but was wondering if anybody else had this issue. I'm about to get on a plane to Japan so I was wanting to schedule this before then...bummer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
I am not sure yet, but I am considering doing the interview on-campus. Is it better to schedule a morning or an afternoon interview, if I also want to sit in a class? It probably does not really matter, but was just wondering if someone thought one fits better in the day's agenda over the other.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes definitely have an exact date an time. Maybe its a bit different this year because the interviews are conducted on the Executive MBA campus. I will follow up next week if I don't hear anything else. Thanks for the help though.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nullvoid325 wrote:
I am not sure yet, but I am considering doing the interview on-campus. Is it better to schedule a morning or an afternoon interview, if I also want to sit in a class? It probably does not really matter, but was just wondering if someone thought one fits better in the day's agenda over the other.

I would say if it doesn't affect your stamina schedule your interview for after your class visit/ student lunch session. You could probably develop some good talking points on that same day if you have never been to visit campus before.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
Round1ThisFall wrote:
Yes definitely have an exact date an time. Maybe its a bit different this year because the interviews are conducted on the Executive MBA campus. I will follow up next week if I don't hear anything else. Thanks for the help though.

Cheers

Aahh!! I see. That makes sense. Okay so if you're interviewing on the executive campus I am going to assume that's like an on-campus interview. In the case of on campus interviews you won't know who your interviewer is until you get there. If you're trying to prepare I would only adjust the questions you ask at the end of the interview. Have one prepared for an adcom and one for an alum or current student (although I doubt that a 2nd year would be an interviewer for London, but better safe than sorry) that way you're prepared either way. Other than that there should be no difference in your preparation. Congrats on the invite and good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts