Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:06 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [7]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Attended the information session a couple of hours back. Here are the answers to the questions a few people asked:

1.) Applications are segregated geographically. These are given to separate app readers (going forward these readers will specialize in a particular region). Also, the selection (for an interview) of a candidate may happen as soon as the reader reads the application or after all the apps have been read. So, you may expect not a lot of difference (in days) between invites for candidates from the same country.
2.) R1=R2>R3>R4 in terms of both scholarships and acceptance ease (still not sure about acceptance rates - she did not have the numbers)
3.) You may be waitlisted without an interview. You are then compared with the subsequent pool.
4.) The adcom have just begun or will be beginning to read applications. So, in all probability the invites have not gone out yet.

There were only 20 of us. So it was a nice little session with a lot of interaction.
We discussed almost everything under the roof. So if you have any specific questions shoot out, and I may be able to answer those.

Best of luck to the folks who are waiting.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
Attended the information session a couple of hours back. Here are the answers to the questions a few people asked:

1.) Applications are segregated geographically. These are given to separate app readers (going forward these readers will specialize in a particular region). Also, the selection (for an interview) of a candidate may happen as soon as the reader reads the application or after all the apps have been read. So, you may expect not a lot of difference (in days) between invites for candidates from the same country.
2.) R1=R2>R3>R4 in terms of both scholarships and acceptance ease (still not sure about acceptance rates - she did not have the numbers)
3.) You may be waitlisted without an interview. You are then compared with the subsequent pool.
4.) The adcom have just begun or will be beginning to read applications. So, in all probability the invites have not gone out yet.

There were only 20 of us. So it was a nice little session with a lot of interaction.
We discussed almost everything under the roof. So if you have any specific questions shoot out, and I may be able to answer those.

Cheers!

just began reading apps eh? cornell mentioned on its blog that the apps reading is rolling. :evil:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
bodu wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:

Cheers!

just began reading apps eh? cornell mentioned on its blog that the apps reading is rolling. :evil:

I'm sorry.
So what I meant was the lady I was chatting to, had just started to read the apps. And she was catering to Indian and middle east applicants. It might so happen that process of reading applications from the US started earlier.

This also does not mean Indian/ME applications have just been started. Because, I am not certain if she were the only one who is doing this geography. So basically, you can not conclude anything from this.

What this means is, you can continue wait for some more longer without feeling too bad about the whole thing. :) And also do keep an eye on the rest of the folks from your area.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
bodu wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:

Cheers!

I'm sorry.
So what I meant was the lady I was chatting to, had just started to read the apps. And she was catering to Indian and middle east applicants. It might so happen that process of reading applications from the US started earlier.

This also does not mean Indian/ME applications have just been started. Because, I am not certain if she were the only one who is doing this geography. So basically, you can not conclude anything from this.

What this means is, you can continue wait for some more longer without feeling too bad about the whole thing. :) And also do keep an eye on the rest of the folks from your area.

thanks for the generous tip! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Anybody get any interview invites?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
I'm interviewing as part of Johnson Women in Business this week. This is not R1 application-based and I did not receive a separate invitation - instead, I submitted a separate application for JWiB earlier this fall and was accepted. As part of that event, Johnson offers attendees the opportunity to interview with admissions during their (our) visit to campus.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
skm wrote:
I'm interviewing as part of Johnson Women in Business this week. This is not R1 application-based and I did not receive a separate invitation - instead, I submitted a separate application for JWiB earlier this fall and was accepted. As part of that event, Johnson offers attendees the opportunity to interview with admissions during their (our) visit to campus.

That's pretty cool skm, best of luck with yor interview while you're there, and enjoy the campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
anyone else still "submitted"?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Bennybob wrote:

I am. :| Its been surprisingly quiet here so far.

Although as jumsumtak mentioned in an earlier post, a lot also depends on the region you are from.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
RajatSrivastava wrote:
Bennybob wrote:

Although as jumsumtak mentioned in an earlier post, a lot also depends on the region you are from.

Mine as well - still says submittted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
RajatSrivastava wrote:
Bennybob wrote:

My status reads "Submitted" as well.

I was at a Johnson information session held earlier this week and from what I understand, Johnson has moved to a new application review platform (completely paperless. Using iPads or something like that). So R 1 applications would be the first set that will be reviewed on this new system. Since adapting to this may take a little bit of time, things are probably moving little slowly at Johnson.

I was also going through 2011 forum and I see that most interviews started going out around 10-15 of November. SO, my guess is we may see some action from the school over the next week or 10 days.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
I was just invited to interview - international student :o :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Anyone from India received interview so far?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Sharpie wrote:

Congrats! When did your app go under review??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
waiting for an interview invite from Johnson....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
Sharpie wrote:

Dont know when it went into review, I submitted on the 14th of Oct. As mentioned Latin American Int. student.

By the way, we pretty much applied to the same schools.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Sharpie wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
Sharpie wrote:

Dont know when it went into review, I submitted on the 14th of Oct. As mentioned Latin American Int. student.

By the way, we pretty much applied to the same schools.

Nice, mine was submitted on the 16th... maybe we'll start to see invites roll out steadily now.

also, I guess we just have great taste in schools :-)

Good luck on your interview, let us know how it goes.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts