Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
HeFe wrote:
The email with the interview instructions says: "If you do not hear from the interviewer within 2 business days of sending your email, please contact us"

Posted from my mobile device

Good point, I`ll send them an email. Does anyone know what they do if your original alumni can`t make it? Mine seems to be working in a different country from mine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
astrochris wrote:
HeFe wrote:
The email with the interview instructions says: "If you do not hear from the interviewer within 2 business days of sending your email, please contact us"

Good point, I`ll send them an email. Does anyone know what they do if your original alumni can`t make it? Mine seems to be working in a different country from mine.

Don't worry, they'll find someone else for you. Just shoot the adcom an e-mail.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Completed CFA exams
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Booth '17
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi All, has anyone interviewed already? If yes, could you guys share your experience. Appreciate it. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [3]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Kudos
ankitgupta88 wrote:
Hi All, has anyone interviewed already? If yes, could you guys share your experience. Appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi,

Interviewed a few days ago with an alum internationally. Typical questions (why booth, why now, walk me through your resume, etc.) with some add-ons about your leadership style - How would you describe it? Examples? What are your biggest challenges at work?

Mine was a very natural conversation and we ended up chatting about non-business related things for a good 10 to 20 minutes.

Hope that helps someone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
https://blogs.chicagobooth.edu/n/blogs/b ... r&entry=75

Booth Interview Tips Blog Post, Nov 6th
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was assigned an interviewer here in Brazil who is in another city, so we need to coordinate how to meet up. Did anyone else have a similar issue? Or did everyone get them in the same city?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
astrochris wrote:
I was assigned an interviewer here in Brazil who is in another city, so we need to coordinate how to meet up. Did anyone else have a similar issue? Or did everyone get them in the same city?

Its a different city for me here in India. I have had a series of mail exchanges with my interviewer to work the logistics out. So what's happening in your case is quite normal.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Completed CFA exams
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Booth '17
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
dwal44 wrote:
ankitgupta88 wrote:

Hi,

Interviewed a few days ago with an alum internationally. Typical questions (why booth, why now, walk me through your resume, etc.) with some add-ons about your leadership style - How would you describe it? Examples? What are your biggest challenges at work?

Mine was a very natural conversation and we ended up chatting about non-business related things for a good 10 to 20 minutes.

Hope that helps someone!

Thanks dwal44 for sharing. Wishing you all the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Hi All,
I'm an international applicant who meets an interviewer of his same nationality.
I'm wondering if the interview must be in English or it depends on the interviewer.
Does anyone have a clue on this?
Thanks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Sannuzzo wrote:
Hi All,
I'm an international applicant who meets an interviewer of his same nationality.
I'm wondering if the interview must be in English or it depends on the interviewer.
Does anyone have a clue on this?
Thanks

The interview should be in English. I would default to English, but if your interviewer moves the conversation to your native language I wouldn't be surprised by that either.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Just had my interview, the guy was extremely nice and laid back. It was more of a casual conversation, what do you want to do, why MBA, walk me through your resume, what do you outside of work. Then talked about why he chose Chicago, about the school and community itself, and his career choices.

Does anyone know how long until we hear back??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Actually, based on last year's posts, looks like they were called the day before the deadline.. so December 18th
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Guys, do you know a probability that invited applicant is finally admitted? Some one told me its about 1/3. Is it correct?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
win921 wrote:
Guys, do you know a probability that invited applicant is finally admitted? Some one told me its about 1/3. Is it correct?

assuming they invited bw 40 and 50% of applicants, then the chances are about 40-50% once you are interviewed.
On an unrelated note, whats the best answer when asked what you''l do if you dont get into Booth. Is it ok to say you'll weigh other options or do they wana hear that your gung-ho booth and will wait again to apply next year
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Jts320 wrote:
win921 wrote:

assuming they invited bw 40 and 50% of applicants, then the chances are about 40-50% once you are interviewed.
On an unrelated note, whats the best answer when asked what you''l do if you dont get into Booth. Is it ok to say you'll weigh other options or do they wana hear that your gung-ho booth and will wait again to apply next year

My personal opinion is that it's better to say that you will look for other options as this seems more practical... I think that business schools are of course looking for loyalty (high yields) yet if one is putting all of the eggs in one basket, it may seem as if that person is not a very savvy investor. However, if ONLY Booth can provide what you are hoping to get from a MBA I guess the answer will be different. Really depends on your story. Just my two cents :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Hi bb/hpak82,

Is there any thread related to Booth MBA application discussion in general..I mean the bigger picture..broader perspective..

If we don't have any such can we start something like that in an organized way..??

Appreciate your thoughts on this..!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
jerseyny wrote:
Jts320 wrote:
win921 wrote:

My personal opinion is that it's better to say that you will look for other options as this seems more practical... I think that business schools are of course looking for loyalty (high yields) yet if one is putting all of the eggs in one basket, it may seem as if that person is not a very savvy investor. However, if ONLY Booth can provide what you are hoping to get from a MBA I guess the answer will be different. Really depends on your story. Just my two cents :)

Keeping it practical is key is what i think. In my case, I'd say I'll apply next year because I applied only to 3 schools. I have been dinged in one, and the second seems to be going that way. I am not in a sucky job so staying on one more year won't affect my career goals in a big way. Who knows, i may get a lucky break and decide even not to do an MBA immediately! So depending on your personal story saying that you will apply next year might still seem practical.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts