Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Did my interview and it ended up being a lot of fun. It was as if everyone was propping each other up rather than putting the other folks down. Great experience and obviously many highly intelligent and accomplished interviewees. Goodluck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '15
Send PM
Was it more discussion-focused (everyone shares thoughts about the topic) or task-based (form a consensus, develop an action plan as a team)? Also just wondering what level of preparation they expected: do you need to find research to back up your viewpoint or just have a reasonably well-thought response to the prompt?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Send PM
Tovin wrote:
Did my interview and it ended up being a lot of fun. It was as if everyone was propping each other up rather than putting the other folks down. Great experience and obviously many highly intelligent and accomplished interviewees. Goodluck to everyone.

Sigma26 and Tovin,
Since you've been asked explicitly to not disclose details on the group discussion, would you mind sharing details of your one-on-one. How long did it last, what questions you were asked etc? Did you interview in Philly?

Thanks! and Good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.47
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
MJ22

We were told not to discuss ANY details about the interview. The one on one was a very quick 10 minutes and was VERY straightforward. Best way to prepare for it is probably to just skim over your application once or twice beforehand. I know its hard, but everyone needs to take a deep breath and stay calm, the interview is really low pressure and easy to get through.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody who interviewed in Philly know if they had a reception the night before? i know they did for some international candidates but not sure if they do that for domestic candidates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
DreamerfromPQ wrote:
Anybody who interviewed in Philly know if they had a reception the night before? i know they did for some international candidates but not sure if they do that for domestic candidates.

I interviewed in Philly and didn't hear about a reception, so I don't think they offer them for domestic candidates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GRE 1: Q167 V170
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
DreamerfromPQ wrote:

I interviewed in Philly and didn't hear about a reception, so I don't think they offer them for domestic candidates.

Yep, I'm interviewing in Philly on Friday and haven't heard about a reception either.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys, jus wanted to make sure I did not miss an email
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,

I am a R2 applicant and am currently filling out the online form.

2 questions:

1) In the education section, one can include the awards for each school. In the the general information section, Wharton asks again for university awards etc. So if I had full scholarship for a school, I include it twice?

2) General Information: Activities section. I started with most of my activities before college and am still highly involved. So I decided to include them in activities after college section. It does not make sense to put them also "while in college " activities? Correct?

Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the replies.

@Dbalk - Thanks. Wow that's a great GMAT score. I agree keep doing what you are passionate about. I think all of us are passionate about doing an MBA. I've looked at my profile and talked to my recommenders. Recommendations were strong. I also got some perspective from a friend who got into Booth. He said my essays were weak, GMAT score and GPA below average. I can't help my GPA, but my next step is going to be to improve my GMAT scores and spend a lot of time on the essays. I guess I didn't value my knowledge of the schools and went by information I found online.

@candayam - I agree with you. These are top schools, but we are top candidates. We just need to now how to represent ourselves better. I think we can make a better impression in both essays and resume.

@catalan1980 - I thought Wharton looks favorably on re-apps. Is that not true?

As for me, I'm going to take a break for a bit and then get back on the horse. I'll start with improving my GMAT score to make up for my below average GPA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
Send PM
anyone else's heart jump a bit when they got the "thank you for participating in the in the TBD" email :P ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Retail Banking)
Send PM
dare02 wrote:
anyone else's heart jump a bit when they got the "thank you for participating in the in the TBD" email :P ?

Yeah, mine did a little. Then I kept reading and the Financial Aid section wiped away any excitement.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
gringomex wrote:
dare02 wrote:

Yeah, mine did a little. Then I kept reading and the Financial Aid section wiped away any excitement.

Why are they asking us to think of this now? Are they sending it to everybody or who they think have really low salaries? :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Does Wharton have some kind of "Graduate Ambassadors" so that applicants can connect with current students with similar career interests or backgrounds? What is the best way to reach out to Wharton students for an international applicant who cannot make a campus visit?

Thanks,
Vikram
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
VikramMukhi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Does Wharton have some kind of "Graduate Ambassadors" so that applicants can connect with current students with similar career interests or backgrounds? What is the best way to reach out to Wharton students for an international applicant who cannot make a campus visit?

Thanks,
Vikram

Possible ways to reach out are: a) attend an off-campus info session / admissions event, b) ask people you know to connect you with Wharton alumni in your city, c) call/email any questions that you have to the president/coordinator of a club that's of interest to you
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
c00guy wrote:
VikramMukhi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Vikram

Possible ways to reach out are: a) attend an off-campus info session / admissions event, b) ask people you know to connect you with Wharton alumni in your city, c) call/email any questions that you have to the president/coordinator of a club that's of interest to you

Agree. Better way yet: visit campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.71
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
VikramMukhi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Vikram

I'm not sure what your career interests are, but I am a HCM applicant and after a short email to the HCM department I received the class' resume book, which contains every contact address from every single graduates it has that year.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts