Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Asset Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Did anybody else get asked questions on the current market environment? My interview started with the standard:

1.) walk me through your resume
2.) Leadership experience within the first couple years of your career.
- How did you deal with difficult people
- How did you deal with setbacks
3.) Whats your leadership stlye.
4.) Why Booth?
5.) What if you Don't get in.

But then he started going into a lot of technical questions and what my view was on the current market conditions with regards to very specific regulatory requirements and how they are impacting the profitability of the investment management industry. We didnt disucss my goals for after MBA at all. Thought it was pretty unconventional. Not really sure how it went. Anybody else have a similar experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Round1ThisFall wrote:
Did anybody else get asked questions on the current market environment? My interview started with the standard:

4.) Why Booth?

But then he started going into a lot of technical questions and what my view was on the current market conditions with regards to very specific regulatory requirements and how they are impacting the profitability of the investment management industry. We didnt disucss my goals for after MBA at all. Thought it was pretty unconventional. Not really sure how it went. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Interesting. I also come from an IM background but my interviewer was in marketing so nothing technical on the industry. More along the lines of the typical interview questions posted here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.32
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Is there a status update or something when the interviewer submits his feedback?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.77
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
integraldx wrote:
Is there a status update or something when the interviewer submits his feedback?

My status says: "Interview Complete" under the 'Recent Activities' section. I'm assuming that means the alumni has reported everything he needed to?.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Round1ThisFall wrote:
integraldx wrote:

My status says: "Interview Complete" under the 'Recent Activities' section. I'm assuming that means the alumni has reported everything he needed to?.

Mine doesn't but my interview is over. Does that mean that the alum hasn't submitted his report?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
c00guy wrote:
Round1ThisFall wrote:
integraldx wrote:

Mine doesn't but my interview is over. Does that mean that the alum hasn't submitted his report?

Yes. I can't see "Interview Complete" either. Hence the query. Guess we need to give it sometime. I imagine the alum will need to sit for a while to put down his thoughts as useful feedback for the school.

@Round1ThisFall: Thanks. I guess your interviewer has done what Booth requires of him.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Completed CFA exams
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Booth '17
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Had my interview last friday. It lasted for about an hour and I think I could have done better. Interviewer started off with giving me some background on him following that with quetions he had.

Walk me through your resume?
Why Booth?
Why MBA?
Tell me about a time you had to manage a difficult team member?
Tell me about a time when you tried hard for something and you failed?

He spent the next 10-15 min answering my question but he seemed in a hurry; probably had a meeting as he called me to his office for the interview. Booth is my first choice for MBA, fingers crossed now!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
I finished my interview 10 days ago, but I haven't got any status update since the interview notification- does your status change once the interview feedback is submitted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Round1ThisFall wrote:

4.) Why Booth?

Similar experience, started asking me questions such as what I would do if I were the CEO of the company I am working at (and questions were less standard/behavioural, more on current market conditions)
I am wondering how the interview gets judged/evaluated by Adcom since each of us have clearly very different standard of interviews and different type of people who interview us(mine was the head of the company).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ss87 wrote:
Round1ThisFall wrote:

4.) Why Booth?

Similar experience, started asking me questions such as what I would do if I were the CEO of my own company.

I am wondering how the interview gets judged if each of us have clearly very different standard of interviews and different type of people who interview us(mine was the head of the company).

Booth has a standard set of questions for which they require the interviewers to elicit answers (my interviewer told me so). So these standard questions and answers keep the interview experience same for everyone. Besides that all other questions on the markets, or on your business etc. is up to the interviewer and are probably because she wants to get to know you in general. After the interview they fill out some standardized forms and these are added to your file as part of the evaluation. I don't know if the adcoms talk to the alums over phone. Also I imagine they can phrase the questions in different ways to get the same set of answers.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Completed CFA exams
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Booth '17
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
integraldx wrote:
ss87 wrote:
Round1ThisFall wrote:
Booth has a standard set of questions for which they require the interviewers to elicit answers (my interviewer told me so). So these standard questions and answers keep the interview experience same for everyone. Besides that all other questions on the markets, or on your business etc. is up to the interviewer and are probably because she wants to get to know you in general. After the interview they fill out some standardized forms and these are added to your file as part of the evaluation. I don't know if the adcoms talk to the alums over phone. Also I imagine they can phrase the questions in different ways to get the same set of answers.

Makes sense to have standardized forms as all interviewers are not posing the same questions. Does anyone have details on the standardized forms? Is it like the form recommender's fill out? Also how much weightage is given to interviews?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [4]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
ankitgupta88 wrote:
integraldx wrote:
ss87 wrote:
Makes sense to have standardized forms as all interviewers are not posing the same questions. Does anyone have details on the standardized forms? Is it like the form recommender's fill out? Also how much weightage is given to interviews?

No school is going to make public its interviewer form nor how much weight the interview carries. Just know that the interview is ONE data point in your total application. It won't be what gets you in and it rarely is the sole factor that will keep you out (unless you say or do something completely inappropriate). I have classmates that would rate their interview as mediocre and they were still admitted. I know people who felt they knocked the interview out of the park who were either denied or waitlisted. Simply do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
ankitgupta88 wrote:

From what I understand, alum interviews carry little weight in the final decision. I have spoken to alumni (of different b-schools) who claimed they gave negative feedback to candidates who were subsequently admitted, and on the other hand, some of the candidates they really liked were denied admission.

The interview reports posted here suggest that candidates are going through varied experiences during the interview. I think someone here mentioned that the interviewer was having an omelette while he was interviewing! Clearly some interviewers do not care much for this process, and others are taking it a little too personally (to determine that elusive quality called 'fit'). I am sure the Booth Adcom will take proper measures to 'normalise' all interview reports.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Do we need to worry about whether the alum interviewer has filed his report or not? Will Booth make sure that happens or do we need to remind the interviewer?

I think the problem is that Booth doesn't even probably know that the interview's been completed
Intern
Intern
Send PM
c00guy wrote:
Do we need to worry about whether the alum interviewer has filed his report or not? Will Booth make sure that happens or do we need to remind the interviewer?

I think the problem is that Booth doesn't even probably know that the interview's been completed

Yes, I don't think they'll know because we've been scheduling with the Alumni ourselves. So, we may have to send a reminder if the report has not been filed even after 10 days or so.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
integraldx wrote:
c00guy wrote:

Yes, I don't think they'll know because we've been scheduling with the Alumni ourselves. So, we may have to send a reminder if the report has not been filed even after 10 days or so.

hmmm.. is this based on some kind of formal communication or just common sense? :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
my interviewer told me she has already submitted my feedback, but i didn´t receive any email and my status has not changed. is it right?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts