Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q38 V42
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
str1der wrote:
It's a little strange that no one has thus far reported an interview invite after a waiver until now. Last year, by 10th-11th nov, invites after waiver had started coming in. I received my invite after waiver on 16th Nov, and its already 19th - seems very odd. This week should see some movement for sure, else its going to be a tad bit too late for anything to really happen.

Also, any reapplicants (like me) here?

str1der I am a reapplicant and this year too have got a waiver. Anxiety is the word!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
str1der wrote:
It's a little strange that no one has thus far reported an interview invite after a waiver until now. Last year, by 10th-11th nov, invites after waiver had started coming in. I received my invite after waiver on 16th Nov, and its already 19th - seems very odd. This week should see some movement for sure, else its going to be a tad bit too late for anything to really happen.

I gather that most US schools will remain shut almost all week for thanksgiving (raincheck anybody?). If that is true I dont see any promising news before the 26th..

And the wait gets more excruciating.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
str1der wrote:

Hey str1der. I'm a re-app from last year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
I'm in the Chicago area for my on-campus interview tomorrow morning. I'll be happy to share my experience after all is said and done.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So my alumni interviewer actually told me he got a call the week of thanksgiving saying he was in. Anyone here get accepted this week or any expected to hear?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview today on-campus. if you're interviewing on campus this week, you'll most likely be with an Admissions Officer since there are no classes this week.

I got asked all the standard questions (why Kellogg? strengths? time I failed? etc), but it was definitely a little different. The vibe with an Admissions Officer feels more formal, and while I think I did well, I really couldn't read my interviewer at all. But at least she seemed to take a copious amount of notes.

She also asked me a lot about my time during my undergrad years. I was a little surprised about this since I graduated from college over 10 years ago, but I managed to get through it.

Good luck to everyone.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Tzeentch99 wrote:
So my alumni interviewer actually told me he got a call the week of thanksgiving saying he was in. Anyone here get accepted this week or any expected to hear?

I wouldn't hold my breath. The deadline for all R1 applicants to complete their interview is Dec 1, so I don't see Kellogg releasing a decision while there are still incomplete applications.

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Applying/Deadlines-2013.aspx
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
driskigm wrote:
I'm in the Chicago area for my on-campus interview tomorrow morning. I'll be happy to share my experience after all is said and done.

I'll echo what Ward said above. I was on campus today and also interviewed with an adcom member who took copious notes. It felt like we had a good rapport, but it's hard to tell.

I got asked all the why's (why undergrad, why your job, why MBA, why Kellogg) along with several team and leadership questions. Basically, if you do a search of common questions and prepare, you should be in pretty good shape.

Good luck to everyone through the rest of the process!

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I was going through some materials from my Kellogg app to start an essay for one of my R2 apps and spotted a pretty glaring typo!!! Pretty much obvious I changed a sentence and didn't take out an extra word... "As I graduated with from xxxxx"

Kellogg's a reach school (and my major top choice) for me as is - Is this going to hurt me badly?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
I was going through some materials from my Kellogg app to start an essay for one of my R2 apps and spotted a pretty glaring typo!!! Pretty much obvious I changed a sentence and didn't take out an extra word... "As I graduated with from xxxxx"

Kellogg's a reach school (and my major top choice) for me as is - Is this going to hurt me badly?

No. People have been admitted with worse typos than yours. If you don't get in this will not be the reason.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:

I think you should cut yourself some slack I doubt they will hold back an admit due to a small typo. They know you're human and anyone can make a mistake. So don't fret. It'll be ok as long as you conveyed the overall message well.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
If it helps, I had a very similar typo in one of my Yale essays, and I still got an interview invitation.

As long as your application isn't riddled with typos, you're fine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Thanks - three responses = reassuring. I am one of those borderline applicants with a lower than average UG GPA so I immediately turn negative with these things and think I am held to a higher standard (even with stuff like a typo).

I think other than that Kellogg was my very best set of essays so I hope it works out!

By the way, I had my interview with an alumn and I felt like it went great. I had a good convo with my guy, gave good answers, asked good questions that hit home for him, and felt like we connected, but also left wondering what that all meant - was my first b school interview and just wasn't sure what really constitutes a great interview!

It seems like a lot feel that way?

Best of luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
guys anyone heard post an interview waiver? seems awfully quiet these days!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
vibhav wrote:
guys anyone heard post an interview waiver? seems awfully quiet these days!

Hopefully its the calm before a (good) storm :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello guys,

I was invited for Kellogg interview on 8th of Nov. My online account was earlier showing the message regarding my interview details. I have completed my interview, but somehow now my account shows no information on the interview or even the fact that my interview has been complete and a feedback has been received from my interviewer. Did anyone who has received and completed their interview got any update (mail) from kellogg or updates on their login account.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
@newdreamer - No update via email or on the online account. The only text I notice on the online account is something to the effect of all parts of the applications have been received. Not sure whether this statement was there prior to my interview or not. Probably not.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts