Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [23]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Re: 760(Q-51,V-41) in 2 months- IMPOSSIBLE means I Am Possible [#permalink]
unclesam2013 wrote:

3. I don’t know what is the surest way to fail but one of the definite contenders would be “Wasting more than the allotted time on a question” . It is not only stupid but it is futile.

Very well said! Thank you for a nice debrief! All the very best for the app process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Congratulations on the great score. What is the total amount of time(approx hours) you put in your prep ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Well I didn't calculate it but I think it would be somewhere around 200-250 hours- 20-30 hours/week multiplied by 8-9 weeks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Great score and write up. How did you prepare for the IR section ? Should I be focusing on it ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
FuzzyLogic wrote:
Great score and write up. How did you prepare for the IR section ? Should I be focusing on it ?

Frankly speaking. Not at all if you are applying to schools this year. The schools are not going to look at your IR scores this year
Intern
Intern
Send PM
unclesam2013 wrote:
FuzzyLogic wrote:

Frankly speaking. Not at all if you are applying to schools this year. The schools are not going to look at your IR scores this year

Okay, thanks. I'm actually planning to apply for the Fall 2014 intake so don't know whether "ignore IR" advice will actually be valid for the next year too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
FuzzyLogic wrote:
unclesam2013 wrote:
FuzzyLogic wrote:

Okay, thanks. I'm actually planning to apply for the Fall 2014 intake so don't know whether "ignore IR" advice will actually be valid for the next year too.

I think that if you are targeting a top school, you would rather want to perform well in all the sections
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FredT wrote:

I think that if you are targeting a top school, you would rather want to perform well in all the sections

Thanks. I have gone through IR quite a bit now and contrary to what I had thought, it's not very difficult. More of a number crunching thing it is,something that we'll have to do post MBA also so I'm loving it. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
You are the man! Your third tip especially rocks and I can relate a lot to it..Thanks and god bless you..I hope to write my story soon if I have something great like your story to share .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for inspiring me..I have been feeling bad for sometime because I totally screwed up my first attempt but I can see now that i was not doing a lot of things right. i'm an average student so do you think that 2 months would be sufficient for me to re-take the GMAT ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Aaron200 wrote:
Thanks for inspiring me..I have been feeling bad for sometime because I totally screwed up my first attempt but I can see now that i was not doing a lot of things right. i'm an average student so do you think that 2 months would be sufficient for me to re-take the GMAT ?

Cheer up. There are a lot of success stories here on the forum of people who did badly on the first attempt and then bounced back. In fact, some did badly even on their second and third attempts but bounced back finally. how much time did you study for on the first attempt ? That will determine whether 2 months is sufficient or not
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Aaron200 wrote:

Well i think that no one can answer questions like "whether 2 months are enough" with certainty till we don't know what exactly did you do so far. .I think you should do a SWOT analysis(fancy term but works :D) and start working on that accordingly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Aaron200 wrote:

As fuzzylogic has already stated, what is important is to figure out where you are going wrong and what can you do to get it right. I think that the GMAT is an exam that can be mastered if you prepare for it the right way. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FuzzyLogic wrote:
Well i think that no one can answer questions like "whether 2 months are enough" with certainty till we don't know what exactly did you do so far. .I think you should do a SWOT analysis(fancy term but works :D) and start working on that accordingly.

Nothing fancy about it..One should definitely know what areas to need to be worked upon a lot(weakeness) and which are the areas that needs to be worked upon a little(strengthens)- that's how i have been able to improve over a period of time
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 140 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Congratulations on your great score and all the best for applications! God Bless!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Achieving a 760 within 2 months is no mean task. Congratulations..Thanks for the tips that you offered..All of them are helpful
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What was your approach while practicing questions in SC and CR ? I mean should i firstly finish all the topics and then practice questions at the end of the sc grail and from OG13 or should i practice them topicwise ?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts