Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:54 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3117 [47]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1187 [3]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3117 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 4467 [0]
Given Kudos: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: Thanks to the Almighty.... 740 on the 1st attempt. [#permalink]
MacFauz......you still want Kudos.
can't believe that...cheers man. You did it. You just beat the GMAT.
Gud luck for your applications.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3117 [9]
Send PM
Kudos
Marcab wrote:
MacFauz......you still want Kudos.
can't believe that...cheers man. You did it. You just beat the GMAT.
Gud luck for your applications.

Haha.. Thanks Marcab... Of course I do.... Everyone likes some appreciation after all....

Kudos Please... If my post helped. :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1174 [1]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
 Q47  V26 GMAT 2: 540  Q45  V19 GMAT 3: 580  Q48  V23
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats MacFauz!!! You aced the GMAT. All the best for application.
Infact I am also worried abt my IR. I got back to back 2 MSR Qs from 3rd question onward that bombed me. I guess i will get pretty low IR score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Congrats MacFauz for the great score :)
And kudos granted :)

BR
Mandeep
VP
VP
Send PM
Thanks SD and Mandeep..:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2443 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Belated, but good to know that you aced the gmat.... I have no doubt given the
qualities of your contributions on the forum.

740? It was an awesome score.

Congratulations...dude. You rocked the gmat!
VP
VP
Send PM
gmatbull wrote:

Thanks gmatbull...:)

And All the best for your GMAT.... :)

(I'm assuming you haven't taken it yet since your dp does not show any score... )
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2443 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
gmatbull wrote:

Thanks gmatbull...:)

And All the best for your GMAT.... :)

(I'm assuming you haven't taken it yet since your dp does not show any score... )

I haven't as I just resumed preparations after dumping the idea some years back due to my job constraints.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
It hasn't been even an hour since I left my centre and already I'm on gmatclub. Woke up by 8 (which is quite early by my standards.. my office starts at 9 and is 5 minutes away from home whereas the Pearson Vue centre is a full 15 minutes..:P). Didn't have much of a breakfast. Pretty much left for the centre on an empty stomach. On arriving at the centre, found that they don't have a parking facility. Had to park my car in the middle of the road in an area which is known for cars being towed away...

After doing away with the formalities came the AWA. Fortunately, the argument presented was hugely flawed and I didn't have much trouble taking it apart. Apart from maybe poor grammar somewhere, I expect a 4+ score. Then the IR. Cant say that I did very well over there. Multisource was very dry and I ended up just running through them and ended up answering only 11 of the 12. Will be happy with a 4+ score on IR and hopefully it wouldn't matter much.

Quants : I skipped the break since the one minute given to read the instructions was enough for me. I should say the quants were easier than expected. Infact, by the time I had crossed the 30th question, they were getting so simple, I was starting to get worried that I wasn't doing well. The last question, I had selected the answer choice but however could not click next before the timer ran out. So not sure whether that would have counted. Now my mind was telling me.. "Okay Fauz, you've answered the questions fairly well and maybe the questions getting easier towards the end was just good luck.. So lets not think about that and move on to verbal."

Verbal : I should say luck was greatly on my side on verbal. My weak area was RC especially when it is about some dull historic event, but fortunately got only one of those and the remaining were fairly simple. SCs were very easy at the beginning and got tougher towards the end. Guess I would not have got any of the SCs after 30 correct. CR was overall easier than expected and I can say with some level of confidence that I would have got all CRs right. I finished the verbal section with about a minute to spare.

The came another set of formalities like reconfirming the data given on mba.com and selecting the schools to send the scores to filling up all of which was very frustrating as I could not wait to see the results. Finally after having entered all the required data and after the longest 10 seconds of 2012 the results showed:

Quantitatve : Scaled Score : 49, Percentile : 83
Verbal : Scaled Score : 42, Percentile : 96
Total : Scaled Score : 740, Percentile : 97

Would be an understatement to say I was overjoyed. For someone who's only source of study had been the internet and who had been getting scores in the 690 range on practice tests, this score was a really pleasant surprise. Now only have to wait and hope that my IR scores wont dampen this joy.

Gmatclub has been a great source of study and support for me. Many thanks to BB for creating this wonderful site. Valuable insights from Bunuel, Caracass, Evajager and VeritasPrep Karishma to name a few have been great sources of study. And most of all, I would be lying if I said that I did not believe that there was some divine intervention. Thanks to the Almighty.

Best Wishes and Best Of Luck to all future GMAT takers.

Kudos Please... If my post helped.

Hey guy!! that sounds awesome!!

Going to give my exam tomorrow so im hoping something similar happens, although it sounds like you were really calm during the exam. I think managing stress and getting good sleep is the way to go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 630 Q46 V31
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
It hasn't been even an hour since I left my centre and already I'm on gmatclub. Woke up by 8 (which is quite early by my standards.. my office starts at 9 and is 5 minutes away from home whereas the Pearson Vue centre is a full 15 minutes..:P). Didn't have much of a breakfast. Pretty much left for the centre on an empty stomach. On arriving at the centre, found that they don't have a parking facility. Had to park my car in the middle of the road in an area which is known for cars being towed away...

After doing away with the formalities came the AWA. Fortunately, the argument presented was hugely flawed and I didn't have much trouble taking it apart. Apart from maybe poor grammar somewhere, I expect a 4+ score. Then the IR. Cant say that I did very well over there. Multisource was very dry and I ended up just running through them and ended up answering only 11 of the 12. Will be happy with a 4+ score on IR and hopefully it wouldn't matter much.

Quants : I skipped the break since the one minute given to read the instructions was enough for me. I should say the quants were easier than expected. Infact, by the time I had crossed the 30th question, they were getting so simple, I was starting to get worried that I wasn't doing well. The last question, I had selected the answer choice but however could not click next before the timer ran out. So not sure whether that would have counted. Now my mind was telling me.. "Okay Fauz, you've answered the questions fairly well and maybe the questions getting easier towards the end was just good luck.. So lets not think about that and move on to verbal."

Verbal : I should say luck was greatly on my side on verbal. My weak area was RC especially when it is about some dull historic event, but fortunately got only one of those and the remaining were fairly simple. SCs were very easy at the beginning and got tougher towards the end. Guess I would not have got any of the SCs after 30 correct. CR was overall easier than expected and I can say with some level of confidence that I would have got all CRs right. I finished the verbal section with about a minute to spare.

The came another set of formalities like reconfirming the data given on mba.com and selecting the schools to send the scores to filling up all of which was very frustrating as I could not wait to see the results. Finally after having entered all the required data and after the longest 10 seconds of 2012 the results showed:

Would be an understatement to say I was overjoyed. For someone who's only source of study had been the internet and who had been getting scores in the 690 range on practice tests, this score was a really pleasant surprise. Now only have to wait and hope that my IR scores wont dampen this joy.

Gmatclub has been a great source of study and support for me. Many thanks to BB for creating this wonderful site. Valuable insights from Bunuel, Caracass, Evajager and VeritasPrep Karishma to name a few have been great sources of study. And most of all, I would be lying if I said that I did not believe that there was some divine intervention. Thanks to the Almighty.

Congrats Macfauz! Tremendous achievement. Stories such as yours are a great source of inspiration.
VP
VP
Send PM
arjun206 wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

Hey guy!! that sounds awesome!!

Going to give my exam tomorrow so im hoping something similar happens, although it sounds like you were really calm during the exam. I think managing stress and getting good sleep is the way to go!

Thanks arjun... Hope your GMAT went well... And believe me.. What I got on the night before the exam was anything but a good sleep... I was getting dreams in which I was facing questions which should be rated 1000+.. :P.. I did have a really wonderful nap after finishing the test though.. :)
VP
VP
Send PM
bonjoindia wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

Congrats Macfauz! Tremendous achievement. Stories such as yours are a great source of inspiration.

Thanks bonjoindia... :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Bocconi '15
Send PM
such an awesome story .congrats really.it was very motivating
VP
VP
Send PM
Update:

AWA : 5.5, IR : 8

Guess IR went better than I thought after all.... :)
VP
VP
Send PM
108950 wrote:
such an awesome story .congrats really.it was very motivating

Thanks 108950.... If I may call you that... :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1187 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
Update:

Crap!!
And you advised me not to emulate your IR performance.. I wish I had done! :evil:
VP
VP
Send PM
Vips0000 wrote:
MacFauz wrote:
Update:

Crap!!
And you advised me not to emulate your IR performance.. I wish I had done! :evil:

Haha... Was unexpected man.. A few questions were just calculated guesses.. and Infact the last two were not even calculated.. :P I guess luck was on my side...
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts