Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
jason12e wrote:
Thanks for sharing this. I guess there's really nothing else to do but wait until December 13...

I was just hoping for a chance that they might come out with results earlier than the decision deadline, so I know if I should start working on other school applications or not.

Hey, you've already completed at least 1 MBA application so you're familiar with what it takes - I don't see any harm in beginning work on other school apps. It's a great way to stay busy and keep your mind off of the wait.

Outta curiosity, do you know which school you'll be choosing if admitted to both SOM and Tuck?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Yale '15 (A)
Send PM
I was surprised to see that last year, 19 of the 25 people on this board that interviewed in Round 1 were admitted. Anyone think that this might bode well for those of us in Round 1 that interviewed this year? Dec 13th can't come soon enough....
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
ballhawk7 wrote:
I was surprised to see that last year, 19 of the 25 people on this board that interviewed in Round 1 were admitted. Anyone think that this might bode well for those of us in Round 1 that interviewed this year? Dec 13th can't come soon enough....

I sure hope so, though I'd hate to be one of those 6 other people!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
aerien wrote:
ballhawk7 wrote:

I sure hope so, though I'd hate to be one of those 6 other people!

Posted from my mobile device

Seriously! Still counting down the days, fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ballhawk7 wrote:

That's an encouraging stat you picked up :) and all the more interesting considering that the admissions selectivity numbers for Yale SOM are actually not considered to be that high (enrollment yield, I understand, is a different story).

But as per BusinessWeek's Admissions Selectivity %'s:

Yale - 21%
Northwestern - 24%
Duke - 27%
Cornell - 28%

Perhaps it is a large number of applicants that don't really do their homework but apply to Yale simply due to the brand name?
I also imagine the adcom members to have become pretty adept at sniffing out those who apply but probably wouldn't enroll.

10 more days.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
OjilEye wrote:
ballhawk7 wrote:

That's an encouraging stat you picked up :) and all the more interesting considering that the admissions selectivity numbers for Yale SOM are actually not considered to be that high (enrollment yield, I understand, is a different story).

Yale - 21%
Northwestern - 24%
Duke - 27%
Cornell - 28%

Perhaps it is a large number of applicants that don't really do their homework but apply to Yale simply due to the brand name?
I also imagine the adcom members to have become pretty adept at sniffing out those who apply but probably wouldn't enroll.

10 more days.

Think you may have misinterpreted. The original point was out of the people interviewed, not on this board that applied. Your admissions numbers are out of those who applied. I dont think we are that much better than the average candidate here, but if you get an interview, you have a decent chance.

With that said, I am so afraid I choked during my interview last week. Had one question that tripped me up a bit and I came up with just a lousy answer to. But I did alright with why Yale and why MBA, so hopefully they can look past my misstep.

Longest 10 days ever left, especially if you really really want to get in. Good luck to all, we have done all we can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
OjilEye wrote:
ballhawk7 wrote:

Yale - 21%
Northwestern - 24%
Duke - 27%
Cornell - 28%

10 more days.

Think you may have misinterpreted. The original point was out of the people interviewed, not on this board that applied. Your admissions numbers are out of those who applied. I dont think we are that much better than the average candidate here, but if you get an interview, you have a decent chance.

With that said, I am so afraid I choked during my interview last week. Had one question that tripped me up a bit and I came up with just a lousy answer to. But I did alright with why Yale and why MBA, so hopefully they can look past my misstep.

Longest 10 days ever left, especially if you really really want to get in. Good luck to all, we have done all we can.

My interview seems like it was such a long time ago, every time I think about it I wonder / am fairly certain that I'm over-analyzing it. Why can't it be Dec 13th TODAY!?!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:

I understood the original point, but do admit to going off on a tangent there.
Excuse me, as my mind has been all over the place with all of the waiting..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mba2527 wrote:
Why can't it be Dec 13th TODAY!?!

I want to go to there.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OjilEye wrote:
Hey, you've already completed at least 1 MBA application so you're familiar with what it takes - I don't see any harm in beginning work on other school apps. It's a great way to stay busy and keep your mind off of the wait.

Outta curiosity, do you know which school you'll be choosing if admitted to both SOM and Tuck?

I'd be more than happy with an acceptance from just one school; two or more, I cannot fathom at this point. Haha!
YALE!

And you? :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jason12e wrote:
I'd be more than happy with an acceptance from just one school; two or more, I cannot fathom at this point. Haha!
YALE!

And you? :)

Tuck is a great school (but not on my radar.) If I'm being completely honest, I'm slightly leaning more towards Yale over Duke (couple minor quibbles; not having to purchase a car would be nice, geographical preference, etc.) But like you, I'd be more than happy with just one acceptance!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
https://mba.yale.edu/MBA/admissions/events.asp

I will be holding the Seattle event with my brother, come out! Find your city.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I just saw that two people updated their statuses to "Denied without interview." I didn't realize Yale released dings early. Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
notferprofit wrote:
I just saw that two people updated their statuses to "Denied without interview." I didn't realize Yale released dings early. Thoughts?

I wonder if it's just an assumption based on lack of interview invitations.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i hope i am celebrating this time next week.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
One week... It's the final countdown!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
notferprofit wrote:
i hope i am celebrating this time next week.

You and me both!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts