Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
vatsas wrote:
I love the school, the program, the students and have been there quite a few times.

Except for one reco , all my app is ready but I still cant submit. I hope I dont miss UT because of this.

Is reco in letter format acceptable, because my boss has prepared it in old school format? He said additional days might not lead to significant improvement.

Rest of my app looks good. I am a little stressed.
Some schools allow you to submit the application without all the recommendations being in, and will even give you a grace period after the deadline for the recommendation submission. If McComb allows you to do this, you should just submit the application to avoid missing the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Nope. Unfortunately UT is not one of them. I asked adcom but they said NO in clear words.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

Last minute round 2 question for anyone who has completed the online application. If you are going to upload your essays as a PDF or Word doc, do you submit the long and short essay together? It looks like there is only one upload field for both essays.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
candayam wrote:
Hi All,

Last minute round 2 question for anyone who has completed the online application. If you are going to upload your essays as a PDF or Word doc, do you submit the long and short essay together? It looks like there is only one upload field for both essays.

Thanks!

I get paranoid when I upload files. I always feel like they won't go through correctly. I have no choice on transcripts and resume with uploading but I decided to to just cut and past, making sure formatting was correct and indents came through.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
What is everyone doing if you don't have your offical GMAT report yet and thus don't know you IR or AWA score? I am scared to leave them blank. And when I do the site saves "0" for my IR and leave AWA field blank. Suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
swgator13 wrote:
What is everyone doing if you don't have your offical GMAT report yet and thus don't know you IR or AWA score? I am scared to leave them blank. And when I do the site saves "0" for my IR and leave AWA field blank. Suggestions?

Are you submitting for Round 2 tonight?

I dont think you have to worry about IR since the school doesnt have a barometer for that metric yet but perhaps mention in the optional essay that those scores are pending?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I just submitted my round 2 application! Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
For the people who applied in R1, has the Director of Admissions looked at your LinkedIn profile yet? After checking, I saw he viewed mine a few days ago. I'm not sure if I should take this as him reviewing all people's profiles..or him reviewing my profile because I'm one of the people on the edge.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Hello Everyone

I have a quick question.

I reported my GMAT score to McCombs School of Business on 3rd of December and received a confirmation from PearsonVUE abt fulfillment of reporting.

However, the email I received from Texas MBA Program states that "Official test scores must be submitted directly to the University of Texas at Austin". So is this score reporting mentioned in the email different from reporting to McCombs ??

If that is is the case, I am unable to locate the UT Austin (with GMAT Code: 396-44-45) separately in the additional score report section of MBA.com. All I can see is the McCombs school of business. My GIAC log in also shows GMAT Score under the "To do" list.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mrsustainability wrote:
Hello Everyone

I have a quick question.

I reported my GMAT score to McCombs School of Business on 3rd of December and received a confirmation from PearsonVUE abt fulfillment of reporting.

However, the email I received from Texas MBA Program states that "Official test scores must be submitted directly to the University of Texas at Austin". So is this score reporting mentioned in the email different from reporting to McCombs ??

If that is is the case, I am unable to locate the UT Austin (with GMAT Code: 396-44-45) separately in the additional score report section of MBA.com. All I can see is the McCombs school of business. My GIAC log in also shows GMAT Score under the "To do" list.

Your GMAT official score report should read, "University of Texas - Austin - The Red McCombs School of Business - MBA, Full Time Austin, Texas, United States. If it does, you sent it to the right place.

The GIAC site is a bit delayed, so allow 3-4 days for it to reflect the recently-received report. The GIAC site indicates that any electronic latencies will not affect your application's status (i.e., You'll be considered for Round 2 as long the fulfillment happened by the deadline).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
USAFinDenver wrote:
mrsustainability wrote:
Hello Everyone

I have a quick question.

Your GMAT official score report should read, "University of Texas - Austin - The Red McCombs School of Business - MBA, Full Time Austin, Texas, United States. If it does, you sent it to the right place.

The GIAC site is a bit delayed, so allow 3-4 days for it to reflect the recently-received report. The GIAC site indicates that any electronic latencies will not affect your application's status (i.e., You'll be considered for Round 2 as long the fulfillment happened by the deadline).

Hi USAFinDenver

The score fulfillment mail I received from Pearson states what you mentioned. I guess I was just confused/paranoid.

Appreciate your the quick response.Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
Send PM
USAFinDenver wrote:
For the people who applied in R1, has the Director of Admissions looked at your LinkedIn profile yet? After checking, I saw he viewed mine a few days ago. I'm not sure if I should take this as him reviewing all people's profiles..or him reviewing my profile because I'm one of the people on the edge.

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, he viewed mine a few weeks after I applied R1. He's probably checking all who apply since they asked for it in the app.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got a phone call from UT - I'm admitted!! (And absolutely thrilled). They said they will send the official email notification in a week. I will likely send in my deposit following one final conversation w/ the wifey (AKA the boss).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GRE 1: Q168 V165
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
USAFinDenver wrote:
Just got a phone call from UT - I'm admitted!! (And absolutely thrilled). They said they will send the official email notification in a week. I will likely send in my deposit following one final conversation w/ the wifey (AKA the boss).

In too! I am so happy right now! What an amazing day.

USAFinDenver, did they tell you anything about scholarships? UT is my absolute first choice but some $ would be great.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fitzmanon wrote:
USAFinDenver wrote:

In too! I am so happy right now! What an amazing day.

USAFinDenver, did they tell you anything about scholarships? UT is my absolute first choice but some $ would be great.

I asked her, and she said I wasn't selected for one. The military is paying for 80%, so no biggie, but she said they'll consider me in the next round for them. I'd probably have to re-take the GMAT to be more competitive.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I'm in! Got the call about an hour ago. Congrats to those who have also been admitted. This early notification sure helps ease the tension that I was preparing for next Friday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
candayam wrote:
swgator13 wrote:

Are you submitting for Round 2 tonight?

I dont think you have to worry about IR since the school doesnt have a barometer for that metric yet but perhaps mention in the optional essay that those scores are pending?

You can give your best estimate for those scores if you submit your application prior to the receipt of your official score report. The Admissions Committee will mostly reference your official score report when they review your application.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts